With all the hype.. I was expecting more..

#11jjordan0002Posted 3/15/2014 4:41:44 AM
BDJayce posted...
I don't own nor have I have I played Titanfall.. so i'm not commenting on the game itself rather the result the game has garnered. With the build up I was expecting it to at least beat out a few other games on gamefaqs.. yet it's being overshadowed by games like Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, South Park, and even League of Legends. I wasn't expecting it to beat Dark Souls 2 but it seems that a lot of last gen games have overshadowed the Xbox One's poster child.

So I have to ask. I am in no way trolling but i'm interested to know Is the game that lacking or are all the people who own and play it hanging around the Xbox One board?

How can you expect anything if you haven't played it?
---
Xbox Live: D3ad1yV1rus
#12avigeant83Posted 3/15/2014 4:44:35 AM
When I picked up Titanfall at the midnight launch there was far more people getting Titanfall than Dark Souls...just saying. Both great games.
#13Tyronelio1Posted 3/15/2014 4:51:52 AM
dnmt posted...
Rome218 posted...
Gamefaqs does not represent regular people. If it did, XB1 would have launched as a disaster and PS4 would be the one with fun games. I agree with the guy who says he knows people irl who are playing or plan to play TF. I know this as well, and I also do not know anyone irl who likes Dark Souls. In fact, if I want to dig deeper, most of them love CoD, Madden, and Gears of War, popular games that are hated on here and other sites.

If you listen to this board, you would think PC gaming is such a large thing. Yes, there are a lot of PC games out there, but the PC gamers that buy triple A titles that come on consoles are a minority. Here is how you can tell if PC gaming is all the rage in real world America:

Go to Wal Mart, Best Buy, Target, Circuit City and go to the computer section. None of these stores are pushing a real gaming PC because most people do not buy PCs to game. Best Buy may have an overpriced PC with an older graphics card, and if you buy that you just got gipped.

If you go to bf4stats.com you'll find that PC has the most concurrent players, PS4 a close second and Xbone is dead last by a pretty huge margin.

Who cares about a pc based fps games.... That does not speak for how many people are playing what.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
"Men do not cry for themselves, but for their comrades" - Sephiroth.
#14dnmtPosted 3/15/2014 4:53:13 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
dnmt posted...
Rome218 posted...
Gamefaqs does not represent regular people. If it did, XB1 would have launched as a disaster and PS4 would be the one with fun games. I agree with the guy who says he knows people irl who are playing or plan to play TF. I know this as well, and I also do not know anyone irl who likes Dark Souls. In fact, if I want to dig deeper, most of them love CoD, Madden, and Gears of War, popular games that are hated on here and other sites.

If you listen to this board, you would think PC gaming is such a large thing. Yes, there are a lot of PC games out there, but the PC gamers that buy triple A titles that come on consoles are a minority. Here is how you can tell if PC gaming is all the rage in real world America:

Go to Wal Mart, Best Buy, Target, Circuit City and go to the computer section. None of these stores are pushing a real gaming PC because most people do not buy PCs to game. Best Buy may have an overpriced PC with an older graphics card, and if you buy that you just got gipped.

If you go to bf4stats.com you'll find that PC has the most concurrent players, PS4 a close second and Xbone is dead last by a pretty huge margin.

Who cares about a pc based fps games.... That does not speak for how many people are playing what.

It's literally the number of people playing the game, lol. What more do you want?
#15lunaticcorePosted 3/15/2014 4:55:51 AM
A single player game series everybody cries about the difficulty on happens to be popular on a website known for having lots of help for difficult games?

Astronomical odds.
#16Tyronelio1Posted 3/15/2014 4:56:16 AM
dnmt posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
dnmt posted...
Rome218 posted...

It's literally the number of people playing the game, lol. What more do you want?

Yeah what does battlefield4 have to do with anything? It can't even sell more than a yearly franchise lol.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
"Men do not cry for themselves, but for their comrades" - Sephiroth.
#17dnmtPosted 3/15/2014 4:57:57 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
dnmt posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
dnmt posted...
Rome218 posted...

Yeah what does battlefield4 have to do with anything? It can't even sell more than a yearly franchise lol.

I'm not sure what your point here is, seems like you're just sticking your fingers in your ears and going "LALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU".
#18Rome218Posted 3/15/2014 5:22:57 AM
So Battlefield has a bigger community on PC. The Xbox One is new, and I would expect the last gen consoles to have more than the new consoles for.. Battlefield 4.

You have been on this board before the console came out. You know the exact date the new systems came out, of course the XB1 isn't going to have a larger BF community than a system that sold more and has less games and a PC market that already had the game when last gen got it.

This isn't even really a debate. There's a reason BF and CoD are no longer exclusive to PCs, as well as other developers like Valve, Bioware, Bethesta, Obsidian, Crytek, etc. There is more money to be made for these guys in a console market. If this weren't the case, then the PC would be more popular, gaming PCs would be at stores near you, and big game developers would try to worry about the PC first and foremost and then port to console. How often do you hear of a game that should run well on PC, but not because it is poorly optimized by developers? A lot.
---
http://kotaku.com/5938996/the-worst-internet-trolls-might-be-mentally-ill
#19Rome218Posted 3/15/2014 5:27:59 AM
Also, DMNT, I just looked at bf4stats.com.
Why did you divide things up by each console versus the PC? If we are talking console versus PC, then we are talking all consoles.

It is not played most on PC. PC is 43,912.
Consoles are 106,854. More than double is on consoles.
---
http://kotaku.com/5938996/the-worst-internet-trolls-might-be-mentally-ill
#20NO2_FiendPosted 3/15/2014 5:28:24 AM
Rome218 posted...

Both Best Buy and Circuit City DO push gaming PCs though Circuit City doesn't exist anymore so it not so much. Just go to the computer section they have all the parts needed to build a gaming PC. Nobody buys prebuilt.
---
I can't believe I've been here this long....