I'm tired of these PC guys saying x1 is trash

#101El_ZaggyPosted 3/15/2014 4:09:40 PM
lilboycano101 posted...
First off I want to start off I'm a big PC guy have a very good system spent around 1200 at the time. Now the xbox one is 535 with taxes , let's get real people build me a PC for 550 there no way you'll get the experience that you would on a x1 no way. 1st of all let's take need for speed for example, when ever they come out with a new game the x1 will handle it fine even if it's 720 798 1080 what ever it is but there no way a PC for 550$ would max that game out. These PC guys gotta get real you would need at least 800 to 1000$ for a PC to max games out and that's only for 1-2 years max that's being generous. Xbox one you won't have to update your video card just to max out a game and you just spent 535$ if it's a PC oh wait I need a new video card that's another 350 or wait I just need a new system all together . PC give it a rest for what a 535& console can do in it's life spam it will kick any PC ass in the long run. /rant over

I'm tired of these consoles guys that are saying xbox one is not trash
#102ArthasRebornPosted 3/15/2014 4:12:44 PM
ssjsczr posted...
He will make a claim he owns a 1500+ "pro gaming" PC, that somehow has best components yet underperforms all the time against inferior console hardware. And after that, they will list all the reasons "PC sucks" which do not have anything to do with PC, but they are all based on individual incompetence.

And partially this. Last time I got into a discussion with someone who claimed to be a computer expert on the 360 board, it turned out he put together overpriced parts that also happened to be incompatible. A simple look at "Intel motherboard" should have immediately told anyone that it wasn't going to be socketed for AMD CPUs.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/arthasreborn
http://i.imgur.com/0Zamww5.jpg http://i.imgur.com/PDgXlnY.jpg
#103Rome218Posted 3/15/2014 4:20:05 PM
lilboycano101 posted...
First off I want to start off I'm a big PC guy have a very good system spent around 1200 at the time. Now the xbox one is 535 with taxes , let's get real people build me a PC for 550 there no way you'll get the experience that you would on a x1 no way. 1st of all let's take need for speed for example, when ever they come out with a new game the x1 will handle it fine even if it's 720 798 1080 what ever it is but there no way a PC for 550$ would max that game out. These PC guys gotta get real you would need at least 800 to 1000$ for a PC to max games out and that's only for 1-2 years max that's being generous. Xbox one you won't have to update your video card just to max out a game and you just spent 535$ if it's a PC oh wait I need a new video card that's another 350 or wait I just need a new system all together . PC give it a rest for what a 535& console can do in it's life spam it will kick any PC ass in the long run. /rant over

You really nailed it. I used to be a PC gamer up until the time FEAR was around. I was always big into FPS games, and games like Far Cry and HL2 were on PC. I spent over 2k on my PC in 2004, and had to upgrade it again because I wanted to max FEAR out. The end result was me paying more than a new console.

Then I had a chance to play GRAW on a 360 controller. I thought the graphics were good, and I absolutely loved the controller for a shooter. When RS:V came out, I had to get it.. along with an xb1.

I played RS:V on PC, and the community was boring. No one talked, and I felt playing T Hunt was a game mode you want to really talk. On 360, so many people had microphones and for the first time, I realized that PC wasn't what I wanted any more.

I don't care about PC gamers. The ones I have met irl don't act like that. In fact, even Sony fans I have met are polite irl. I guess things change when we're behind a screen. I never hear anyone use the N word irl, but boy.. if I go to youtube and read comments..
---
http://kotaku.com/5938996/the-worst-internet-trolls-might-be-mentally-ill
#104Taahir09Posted 3/15/2014 4:23:28 PM
TC speaks about max settings a lot but don't the consoles run games at lower settings compared to pc max settings? I mean its not just resolution but things like AA and tesselation and stuff. I could be wrong so please correct me if I am but if this is true then saying that a console is going to run a game at absolute max settings throughout its lifespan isn't really true
---
Why is it so hard?
#105GoatSpikesPosted 3/15/2014 4:25:51 PM
I'm going to just go ahead and play my gaming pc, xbox one, and ps4 while you guys cry like girls about which one is better. Because telling someone will make them change their mind.
#106ArthasRebornPosted 3/15/2014 4:28:08 PM
Taahir09 posted...
TC speaks about max settings a lot but don't the consoles run games at lower settings compared to pc max settings? I mean its not just resolution but things like AA and tesselation and stuff. I could be wrong so please correct me if I am but if this is true then saying that a console is going to run a game at absolute max settings throughout its lifespan isn't really true

I believe tesselation was one of the advertised features for the X1 and PS4. I think the 360 could also handle a limited form of tesselation too.

Consoles most certainly cannot run things at the PC equivalent of maximum settings throughout their lifespan, though. Any comparison between multiplatform games on the 360/PS3 and PC would make that evident. Hell, even Titanfall looks better on PC than on the X1.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/arthasreborn
http://i.imgur.com/0Zamww5.jpg http://i.imgur.com/PDgXlnY.jpg
#107Rome218Posted 3/15/2014 4:30:37 PM
Taahir09 posted...

On consoles we do not have to worry about running it on any settings but the ones the developers made it for.

On PC, you are constantly having to upgrade. The last upgrade I told you about, this happened when Core2duo just came out. I believe the ram I was using was not compatible with a motherboard that supported the new GPU, so I had to buy either a new motherboard or new ram. At this time, ATI and Radeon charged 600 for top of the line cards. I hear things have gotten cheaper.

I think desktops take too much space, and since that PC all I use is a laptop for downloading music/movies, coming on here, and just your general on-line stuff. I do not want to be confined to a computer chair again.
---
http://kotaku.com/5938996/the-worst-internet-trolls-might-be-mentally-ill
#108Reginleif20Posted 3/15/2014 4:31:51 PM
lilboycano101 posted...

You settle for not max settings on everything? Weak
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#109SetzeraPosted 3/15/2014 4:36:15 PM
lilboycano101 posted...
Yeah find me a 100 gpu that's going to run Titan fall max out .. And in 2 years max out games.

The Radeon HD 7770 runs everything on Ultra on my buddies computer, and it cost $109 Canadian after rebate. Regular price $124.

Though he doesn't have Titanfall so I can't confirm that. It does run TW: Shogun 2, Skyrim, Civ 5, Sniper Elite, Saints Row 4, and everything else on Ultra 1080p, so it would at least do well. Also noting that machine only has an E6600 cpu in it as well, which is not a gaming cpu.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Ultra PSU | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#110P00DGEPosted 3/15/2014 4:49:02 PM
lilboycano101 posted...

Maxing out a game on the PC does not mean you are getting the same experience as a console game, it means you are exceeding the quality of a console game. You really only need about medium settings to get the console experience. An 800 dollar PC that I built 4 years ago is still maxing out games today without having bought a single upgrade, so yeah....

Most of what you said actually made some sense, but you also threw alot of myths and misinformation as well. You also focused alot on the money. Yes, PC's are more expensive than consoles. Not as absurdly expensive as alot of console players seem to think, but still more expensive. Because you are paying for a better experience. And lets face it, many gaming quality PCs already had better video cards than the X1 before its launch. With a console, you are STUCK with those specs for the next 7-8 years. Hence why the PC has better looking games, even with the same games.