I'm tired of these PC guys saying x1 is trash

#111P00DGEPosted 3/15/2014 3:53:59 PM
Rome218 posted...
Taahir09 posted...
TC speaks about max settings a lot but don't the consoles run games at lower settings compared to pc max settings? I mean its not just resolution but things like AA and tesselation and stuff. I could be wrong so please correct me if I am but if this is true then saying that a console is going to run a game at absolute max settings throughout its lifespan isn't really true

On consoles we do not have to worry about running it on any settings but the ones the developers made it for.

On PC, you are constantly having to upgrade. The last upgrade I told you about, this happened when Core2duo just came out. I believe the ram I was using was not compatible with a motherboard that supported the new GPU, so I had to buy either a new motherboard or new ram. At this time, ATI and Radeon charged 600 for top of the line cards. I hear things have gotten cheaper.

I think desktops take too much space, and since that PC all I use is a laptop for downloading music/movies, coming on here, and just your general on-line stuff. I do not want to be confined to a computer chair again.

No, you aren't constantly having to upgrade. This is horribly ignorant. I haven't upgraded once in nearly 4 years and I still max out games and I don't even worry a single bit about whether or not games will run on my rig. I am actually sitting on my couch typing this on my PC as we speak. I hooked it up to my hd projector and am laying down comfortably, far from being restricted to a computer chair.

And yes, console games have dumbed down settings. A maxed out PC game will always be above and beyond what a console could ever do. You could most easily get a 500-600 computer that gives you a "console experience".
#112lonnieepPosted 3/15/2014 4:05:28 PM
Too bad that, by making this topic, you're feeding their motivation for "picking on" the x1.
---
The official lonnieep of gamefaqs. (b'.')b
#113CapwnDPosted 3/15/2014 4:08:51 PM
P00DGE posted...
Rome218 posted...
Taahir09 posted...
TC speaks about max settings a lot but don't the consoles run games at lower settings compared to pc max settings? I mean its not just resolution but things like AA and tesselation and stuff. I could be wrong so please correct me if I am but if this is true then saying that a console is going to run a game at absolute max settings throughout its lifespan isn't really true

On consoles we do not have to worry about running it on any settings but the ones the developers made it for.

On PC, you are constantly having to upgrade. The last upgrade I told you about, this happened when Core2duo just came out. I believe the ram I was using was not compatible with a motherboard that supported the new GPU, so I had to buy either a new motherboard or new ram. At this time, ATI and Radeon charged 600 for top of the line cards. I hear things have gotten cheaper.

I think desktops take too much space, and since that PC all I use is a laptop for downloading music/movies, coming on here, and just your general on-line stuff. I do not want to be confined to a computer chair again.

No, you aren't constantly having to upgrade. This is horribly ignorant. I haven't upgraded once in nearly 4 years and I still max out games and I don't even worry a single bit about whether or not games will run on my rig. I am actually sitting on my couch typing this on my PC as we speak. I hooked it up to my hd projector and am laying down comfortably, far from being restricted to a computer chair.

And yes, console games have dumbed down settings. A maxed out PC game will always be above and beyond what a console could ever do. You could most easily get a 500-600 computer that gives you a "console experience".

How much did you pay for both of those video cards? My point is that you're not going to get a $500 to $600 PC that will keep up with games for 8 years. Like I said previously, if you're a PC gamer and you build a $500 PC to last for an entire gen, you're bad at being a PC gamer.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#114Sir_TmasPosted 3/15/2014 4:09:10 PM
Darkside_Shadow posted...
I still wouldn't buy a PC if it was $300 and had better graphics .

There is still, driver updates, settings, adjustments, cheaters + the most important thing
No console exclusives.

I want to play Dead Rising 3, Forza5, Infamous SS etc. Why is that so difficult to understand
for fanboy PC players?

truly spoken like a non pc gamer
---
>_>
<_<
#115skydrive13Posted 3/15/2014 4:17:53 PM
X1 have better library game than PC

PC library game is trash
#116Rome218Posted 3/15/2014 4:21:07 PM
P00DGE posted...
Rome218 posted...
Taahir09 posted...

A computer can't give a "console experience" because it's not a console. So if I buy a 500-600 dollar PC, I can max out Crysis 3? Your 4 year old computer can max out Crysis 3 and BF4? What card do you have? o_O Perhaps it is in your sig, but I can't read it til I'm done.

Also, when I say max out, I am including having AA and AF.
---
http://kotaku.com/5938996/the-worst-internet-trolls-might-be-mentally-ill
#117D__RockPosted 3/15/2014 4:25:25 PM
I am not tired of it, let it flow in! =D
#118P00DGEPosted 3/15/2014 4:40:20 PM
CapwnD posted...
P00DGE posted...
Rome218 posted...
Taahir09 posted...

How much did you pay for both of those video cards? My point is that you're not going to get a $500 to $600 PC that will keep up with games for 8 years. Like I said previously, if you're a PC gamer and you build a $500 PC to last for an entire gen, you're bad at being a PC gamer.

Both video cards? Anyway, my point was that when you a console, you are buying a machine with parts that can't be updated. Your X1 is as good as it is going to get. I could build a PC for 500-600 bucks that has specs better than the one currently in the x1, which means that for the entire length of the x1, I could have a PC that runs better than the x1. It would keep up with games just as well as the X1 over 8 years. You don't have to keep upgrading it to keep it better than a console, only if you want it to be a better PC. I don't quite understand why you think a PC that isn't upgraded somehow starts to get worst than a console (which inherently isn't upgraded either). It isn't like your console's specs are going to improve over time.

Besides, performance isn't even the main draw for most people when it comes to PC gaming. Mods are perhaps one of the greatest aspects of PC gaming, at least for me.
#119Jedi454Posted 3/15/2014 4:40:42 PM
gfrequency posted...
G_Thang23 posted...
PC guys think everything is trash, don't take offence

---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#120P00DGEPosted 3/15/2014 4:43:29 PM
Rome218 posted...
P00DGE posted...
Rome218 posted...
Taahir09 posted...

A computer can't give a "console experience" because it's not a console. So if I buy a 500-600 dollar PC, I can max out Crysis 3? Your 4 year old computer can max out Crysis 3 and BF4? What card do you have? o_O Perhaps it is in your sig, but I can't read it til I'm done.

Also, when I say max out, I am including having AA and AF.

By "console experience", I meant the level of performance. In other words, consoles perform at a lower quality than gaming PCs. Your console maxing out a game would only be medium settings on a PC. A PC maxing out a game means the game is running far better than it could ever hope to on a console.

If you were talking about some kind of abstract console experience, that is pretty much identically emulated on a PC as well, since a vast majority of games have gamepad support and setting up PC gaming on a tv so you can play on the couch is easy peasy.