720p VS 1080p Doesn't bother me

#11OpheliaAdenadePosted 3/15/2014 12:44:51 PM
extanker posted...
I own both new systems and don't care. Maybe because I remember playing duck hunt on my NES hooked up to my 15" tube tv via a coax cable. I just appreciate a good game system.

I didn't know they allowed gaming consoles in the nursing home. o.o
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#12abbeldydooPosted 3/15/2014 12:46:11 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
extanker posted...
I own both new systems and don't care. Maybe because I remember playing duck hunt on my NES hooked up to my 15" tube tv via a coax cable. I just appreciate a good game system.

You have to go to a nursing home in your 30s now?
---
Don't mod me bro!
#13OpheliaAdenadePosted 3/15/2014 12:48:57 PM
abbeldydoo posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
extanker posted...

You have to go to a nursing home in your 30s now?

According to all the JRPGs I've played, if you're past 30 you're practically a geriatric. o.o That is why I'm going to live up these last 9 years of my life before I'm over the hill.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#14Megamushroom666Posted 3/15/2014 12:49:39 PM
Just cause you can't appreciate the difference between 720p and 1080p doesn't mean it's a trivial detail. Of course there's a visible difference. You just need the right setup/eyes to see it. If you can't tell the difference then good for you, but don't act like there is no difference.
---
"Deep into that darkness peering..."
snackeroo.com - Only the tastiest models.
#15gala12Posted 3/15/2014 12:56:41 PM(edited)
OpheliaAdenade posted...
extanker posted...

I didn't know they allowed gaming consoles in the nursing home.

Gosh darn kids! no respect!!! get off my damn lawn! ...
---
Xbox One, Xbox 360, Gamertag: galamb
PS4, PS3, PSN: galamb
#16VeryDarkSoulPosted 3/15/2014 1:05:21 PM(edited)
according to TC the only reason to buy a video game console is for its exclusives. And 720p is super old. I've run 1024x768 resolution on my PC 11 years ago. Even 1280x1024 isn't new. Computer monitors always supported way better resolutions.
---
Ron Paul 2012
#17StrongBlackVinePosted 3/15/2014 12:54:18 PM
abbeldydoo posted...
Heard them talking about it on an IGN podcast and apparently the problem is with the fancy RAM in the X1 and devs not knowing how to fully utilize it.The guy they were talking to said within a year the whole Ps issue will not be a problem,its just since the system is new is the problem.

Take that for what you will but its not a big issue with me personally.The missing Ps is mainly only good for fueling the nerd wars right now.

IGN either lied or are clueless. I also heard them say they got into trouble for saying that and the avoided the resolution topic this past week. Xbone has inferior memory and an inferior GPU.
#18zelda3003(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2014 12:56:29 PM
VeryDarkSoul posted...
according to TC the only reason to buy a video game console is for its exclusives

That is exactly what I think. The multiplats are a given, the exclusives are what drive the console. There's no difference between PS4 and Xbone One other than exclusives. So you can get the exact same games but with some more games exclusive to that system. Exclusives are the main deciding matter in what system to go for.
#19StrongBlackVinePosted 3/15/2014 1:01:44 PM
zelda3003 posted...
VeryDarkSoul posted...
according to TC the only reason to buy a video game console is for its exclusives

That is exactly what I think. The multiplats are a given, the exclusives are what drive the console. There's no difference between PS4 and Xbone One other than exclusives. So you can get the exact same games but with some more games exclusive to that system. Exclusives are the main deciding matter in what system to go for.

The most popular games are multiplats though so why not get the best console version of those for less money?
#20Shadowfxd2Posted 3/15/2014 1:18:53 PM
topics like this make me wonder why people trash the Wii U, yet defend the Xbone, when the Wii U can do 1080p...
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg