720p VS 1080p Doesn't bother me

#21chex81Posted 3/15/2014 12:24:32 PM
It's definitely true 1080p should be a standard with the new gen consoles, not gonna deny it. With that said, I'm fine with 720p, as long as the fps is 30 or more (although I also agree 60fps should be the standard as well).
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU: chex81
#22garainePosted 3/15/2014 12:29:35 PM
Laylow12 posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
People don't like paying $100 more to get less performance. It's not so much the gameplay being effected, it's the principle. There's no damage controlling this. Paying more for less just doesn't wash.

No kidding, its a strange business strategy too but several million people bought into it.

The reason for that is you are looking at the systems from a purely technical point of view. The ps4 is more powerful. it cost less. That's all good. But when I start looking at the games there is absolutely nothing that interest me there. You say 1080p should be standard on a gaming console I say actual games should be standard on a gaming console. I'll admit ms dropped the ball on hardware but sony dropped the ball on games. no need to tell me what's coming to ps4 i'm speaking for what's out there right now while i'm typing.
#2382xenoPosted 3/15/2014 12:41:28 PM
garaine posted...
Laylow12 posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
People don't like paying $100 more to get less performance. It's not so much the gameplay being effected, it's the principle. There's no damage controlling this. Paying more for less just doesn't wash.

No kidding, its a strange business strategy too but several million people bought into it.

The reason for that is you are looking at the systems from a purely technical point of view. The ps4 is more powerful. it cost less. That's all good. But when I start looking at the games there is absolutely nothing that interest me there. You say 1080p should be standard on a gaming console I say actual games should be standard on a gaming console. I'll admit ms dropped the ball on hardware but sony dropped the ball on games. no need to tell me what's coming to ps4 i'm speaking for what's out there right now while i'm typing.

You heard it here first folks, games do not exist for the PS4. What you are seeing now...surely must be fake!
---
Shwing
#24extankerPosted 3/15/2014 1:27:50 PM(edited)
Megamushroom666 posted...
Just cause you can't appreciate the difference between 720p and 1080p doesn't mean it's a trivial detail. Of course there's a visible difference. You just need the right setup/eyes to see it. If you can't tell the difference then good for you, but don't act like there is no difference.

For a lot of people like myself, it's not about being able to tell the difference, it's about the difference being so minor that we just don't care.

Plus, in the nursing home, our tv is so old it only does 720p anyway.
#25garainePosted 3/15/2014 2:59:12 PM
82xeno posted...
garaine posted...
Laylow12 posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...

You heard it here first folks, games do not exist for the PS4. What you are seeing now...surely must be fake!

If read what I said I was speaking from my interest and from what I gather from others that bought the xbox one. it was the games not that ps4 has none as you said taking things way out of context. my point was that good hardware only goes so far for ppl that aren't interested in what's being served on that hardware.
#26godplaysSNESPosted 3/15/2014 4:40:46 PM
The big problem is that many do have 1080p monitors, and displaying 720p on them will make the visuals worse due to upscaling

But on the exact same hardware, a game optimized for 720p can look better than one optimized for 1080p. It's all about trade-offs.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#27unclekoolaid73Posted 3/15/2014 4:59:36 PM
I just got a 1080p TV about three weeks ago so now resolution matters to me but before it didn't. So multiplats are going to the PS4 this generation for me. I am really surprised how different these games look between the two systems.
#28nizam216Posted 3/15/2014 6:36:15 PM
iPhoney Logic: Because higher resolution is somehow a bad thing.
#29rizzerPosted 3/15/2014 6:49:28 PM
DarkAdonis123 posted...

apple has been getting away with that for years
#30nizam216Posted 3/15/2014 6:53:55 PM
DarkAdonis123 posted...

The extra $100 is for Kinect.