Titanfall is yet another game rushed out the door by EA

#21velvet_hammer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2014 1:15:47 PM
Bac0n01 posted...
"running on Valve's clean-cut Steam engine"
What?

Most likely typo for source engine3HP posted...
If people don't want GZ they won't buy GZ. Some people don't like waiting several years to play new MG content since kojima doesnt rush his games out to make easy money. I for one will gladly pay to get a taste rather than wait another year.

Ill eat my hat if GZ has terrible performance on the ps4. Quality > lack there of

TF is also extremely light on content for a full priced game further proving the articles point
---
People that approve of this video 10 & counting!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEPtCLAubaw
#22rgwPosted 3/15/2014 1:19:51 PM
Real artist ship.

That is a sad reality these gaming studios need to cope with...
---
rgw
--
#23koichiPosted 3/15/2014 1:25:01 PM
I dont get this article. Yes Titanfall is rushed, but they have nothing backing it up other than concept art, ingame scenery, and some lore. No official word stating if it was an intent for the monsters to be in gameplay or not.
---
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)
#24JonnyBigBossPosted 3/15/2014 1:35:06 PM
It could have certainly used some extra time. The game is great, but another 3-4 months would have done WONDERS.
---
Xbox Live: MrJonnyBigBoss
Steam, PSN, & Nintendo ID: JonnyBigBoss
#25rgwPosted 3/15/2014 1:35:33 PM
I also disagree with this trope where it is always on the producer for being bottomline focused. It was the studio who decided to participate in a for-profit enterprise and the producer who footed the bill to get the job done. In a gaming industry ran by software developers, nothing would ever ship. They'd always pushback for extended deadlines and by the time they get something right a new tech would come out and they'd HAVE to integrate it into their product. EA has to be the bad cop because the studio lose sight that this isn't academia.
---
rgw
--
#26rgwPosted 3/15/2014 1:37:34 PM
JonnyBigBoss posted...
It could have certainly used some extra time. The game is great, but another 3-4 months would have done WONDERS.

3-4 months later...

Repsawn: If you can just extend the deadline until late December, we can make a really great co-op online campaign.

3-4 months later...

Respawn: [Game X] stole some of our ideas and shipped earlier, we need to go back to the drawing board to differentiate this product. Can we put operating monsters back on the table?

4-6 months later...
---
rgw
--
#27chrish909Posted 3/15/2014 1:53:05 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
I was wondering what happened to the monsters that was suppose to be in Titanfall

There are monsters in it you nuisance
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml