So...uh, how long do the installs take??

#1possessionPosted 3/15/2014 3:27:06 PM
Got my tax refund and decided to use part of it on a One. The Titanfall bundle came at a great time. Got everything home and set up and started the download for Titanfall.

It's been about 35 minutes, and it just hit 18%

Damn.
---
New needed: Nightmare Creatures, Fear Effect, Gungrave, BloodRayne, Primal Rage, Chaos Legion, Legacy of Kain, Primal, Vagrant Story, Haunting Ground
#2snowboard340Posted 3/15/2014 3:29:01 PM(edited)
If you unplug the ethernet, it should go faster. There is a glitch where sometimes it becomes slow because it's getting the update and installing at the same time.

EDIT: I believe you are supposed to cancel the install, and then take out the ethernet, and then restart. After that, put the ethernet back in for the updatee
#36453Posted 3/15/2014 3:29:51 PM
snowboard340 posted...
If you unplug the ethernet, it should go faster. There is a glitch where sometimes it becomes slow because it's getting the update and installing at the same time.

That's disc installs only... need internet to get Titanfall in the bundle (it was digital copy only wasn't it?)
---
Meine hosen sind auf feuer!
#4possession(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2014 3:30:01 PM
I don't have ethernet plugged up. It's running wireless.
---
New needed: Nightmare Creatures, Fear Effect, Gungrave, BloodRayne, Primal Rage, Chaos Legion, Legacy of Kain, Primal, Vagrant Story, Haunting Ground
#5possession(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2014 3:30:57 PM
Yeah, Titanfall was a code on cardboard.
---
#66453Posted 3/15/2014 3:32:25 PM
possession posted...

Then install time is directly tied to your download speed. I would advise making sure you don't have anything else running on your network (family watching youtube etc) to try and speed it up. Good luck!
---
Meine hosen sind auf feuer!
#7FinzFan4lifePosted 3/15/2014 3:35:40 PM(edited)
possession posted...

What's your Internet speed this is a huge factor as well as how many devices are on the network

Not only that but 35 minutes and getting about 4 GB isn't horrible but also isn't great
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#8possession(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2014 3:37:19 PM
FinzFan4life posted...
possession posted...

What's your Internet speed this is a huge factor as well as how many devices are on the network

Not sure about the speed, to be honest. But as far as things connected (though not currently running), I have a laptop, PS3, PS4, desktop, One and a 360.
---
#9snowboard340Posted 3/15/2014 3:38:25 PM
possession posted...
FinzFan4life posted...
possession posted...

Not sure about the speed, to be honest. But as far as things connected (though not currently running), I have a laptop, PS3, PS4, desktop, One and a 360.

speedtest.net
#10possession(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2014 3:42:20 PM
That site said 35 ms ping, 13.05 download and 1.01 upload.
---