BotFall vs Bafflefield 4

#1Darkside_ShadowPosted 3/16/2014 9:38:20 AM
I don't have a deeper understanding for programming.

But how is it possible for BF4 to have 64 players, huge map, vehicles, planes, choppers
commanders, weather effects, destructible environment, bullet physics etc.

When Titanfall has none of that, and still you can only get 6v6?
And those bots, seriously why are they even there? Are they taking up a lot of computer power
because they sure don't seem to have too much AI going for them.

So why is the difference so big between those games?

#2nickr2d2Posted 3/16/2014 9:43:11 AM(edited)
They could have done, and actually tried, big player counts. But it turned into a cluster****, so they changed it to 6v6 with cannonfoder bots so players could rack up points for Titans, while making it feel like a battlefield.

EDIT: I believe that the bots run off the cloud.
---
"You're using the wrong words to express your still incorrect thoughts" -Foxx3k
#3DarthUchiha91Posted 3/16/2014 9:43:40 AM
I just strictly play Hardpoint and Capture the flag. It's like the bots don't even exist.
---
Proof that M$ is slowly bringing back DRM for the XBone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CfNarCjSHM
#4TheSilentRavenPosted 3/16/2014 9:44:12 AM
You're comparing a fast-paced arcade shooter with a combat simulator. Also Titans are quite large and take up a large portion of space on the maps we play on. I can see 7v7 but anything higher would make gameplay too difficult unless we had larger maps. You also have to take in consideration that you are a pilot and on foot first.
#5InjusticeRebornPosted 3/16/2014 9:44:16 AM
Some go on about how old the Source engine is when speaking about Titanfall, so maybe that is the difference?

Not saying the Source engine isn't capable.

:shrugs:
---
10/03/14-11/03/14 - the day GameFAQs turned into the Dead Sea of the internet.
#6Darkside_Shadow(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 9:44:41 AM
nickr2d2 posted...
They could have done, and actually tried, big player counts. But it turned into a cluster****, so they changed it to 6v6 with cannonfoder bots so players could rack up points for Titans, while making it feel like a battlefield.

EDIT: I believe that the bots run off the cloud.

Ahh I see, hmm now I would like a Titanfall set in the BF4 world.
Now that would be something.

But thanks for answering.
#7bessy67Posted 3/16/2014 9:45:17 AM
Battlefield maps are enormous and made to fit that many players. Titanfall maps are not.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#8PoweredMilkManPosted 3/16/2014 9:49:07 AM
Lol at botfall, bf4 is still a broken game
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU - bloodandbourbon
#9CKnightPosted 3/16/2014 9:50:13 AM
Same reason most MP shooters don't have huge open 64 player maps, with vehicles, ect.

It's not the game they wanted to make.

How come Halo, Gears of War, Killzone and many other shooters MP aren't compared to BF?

Why are a hand full of gamers so keen on knowing why Titanfall isn't like BF when so many, many other shooters are nothing like BF?

Why doesn TF have to do anything BF does?
---
"No...you live with it." - Fumbles
#10bgwilly255Posted 3/16/2014 10:06:43 AM
Darkside_Shadow posted...
I don't have a deeper understanding for programming.

But how is it possible for BF4 to have 64 players, huge map, vehicles, planes, choppers
commanders, weather effects, destructible environment, bullet physics etc.

When Titanfall has none of that, and still you can only get 6v6?
And those bots, seriously why are they even there? Are they taking up a lot of computer power
because they sure don't seem to have too much AI going for them.

So why is the difference so big between those games?

It's not that they couldn't, it's that they didn't want to. Not every single FPS needs to be 64 players or have killstreaks. This is like asking why Gears of War isn't 64 players per map with bigger maps. It's not how it's intended to be played.

The bots take up no "computer power" because they are ran from the cloud.
---
Disabled Vet. USMC-Sgt 0844.