BotFall vs Bafflefield 4

#21triple sPosted 3/16/2014 6:32:19 PM
Darkside_Shadow posted...
I don't have a deeper understanding for programming.

But how is it possible for BF4 to have 64 players, huge map, vehicles, planes, choppers
commanders, weather effects, destructible environment, bullet physics etc.

When Titanfall has none of that, and still you can only get 6v6?
And those bots, seriously why are they even there? Are they taking up a lot of computer power
because they sure don't seem to have too much AI going for them.

So why is the difference so big between those games?

Yet TitanFall manages to be more fun despite the player count. I haven't been this hooked on an online shooter since Halo 2.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#22prozac786Posted 3/16/2014 6:48:14 PM
Lazyness/lack of vision/not intended for Titanfall.

There is no way that having larger maps with more players and bots isn't doable. The X1 would be able to run it fine.

Either the devs couldn't be bothered, or it is not what they're aiming for.

Most likely, they stuck to the core CoD formula, as that's what worked for them several times.
---
PSN Prozac786
"It shows how poorly education and raised someone really are." bob15x
#23triple sPosted 3/16/2014 6:52:16 PM
Anyone who's played TitanFall can easily see why the developers didn't go for a larger player count. The action is INSANE with 6v6. There is never a dull moment in this game.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#24xacebopPosted 3/16/2014 6:56:14 PM
They are worse then the cod ghosts bots from the survival game mode whose name I can't even remember because I disowned the game after seeing how bad they were
#25Robin_MaskPosted 3/16/2014 7:01:57 PM
prozac786 posted...
Lazyness/lack of vision/not intended for Titanfall.

There is no way that having larger maps with more players and bots isn't doable. The X1 would be able to run it fine.

Either the devs couldn't be bothered, or it is not what they're aiming for.

Most likely, they stuck to the core CoD formula, as that's what worked for them several times.

It clearly is that they didn't aim for larger maps and more players. It will be hell with idiots in titans blocking ways to safety for example.
---
Please help support! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#26Wolverine24708Posted 3/16/2014 7:27:16 PM
The bots in this game is its downfall IMO. Fun game. Very fun. But this isn't the "cod killer" or "killer app" that its hailed to be. ( and what MS needed it to be) It needed to have that hardcore competitive aspect to it, and the bots take that away from it.
#27KabtheMentatPosted 3/16/2014 7:38:51 PM
The biggest problem with BF4 is that it has just about the worst netcode ever imaginable. Which brings down the entire game.

I actually uninstalled BF4 after having played several rounds of Titanfall. TF is just too much fun and going back to BF4 is really hard to do.
---
Yeeaah...Somebody must've killed Darryl. Cuz that's what the guy had said.
#28nickr2d2Posted 3/16/2014 7:39:33 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
The biggest problem with BF4 is that it has just about the worst netcode ever imaginable.

dis
---
"You're using the wrong words to express your still incorrect thoughts" -Foxx3k
#29MonicasBackPosted 3/16/2014 7:41:44 PM
I get a lot of studdering on bf4, especially when buildings come down.

Frame rate drops to like 5 :(
---
Monicaaa
#30nizam216Posted 3/17/2014 8:08:55 AM(edited)
Don't talk about Titanfall's AI bots like that ever again. You should know that they are the first use of AI being processed in the cloud to free up resources for other things on Xbox One; this is why Titanfall is able to run at a consistent silky smooth 60fps.