What is wrong with Forza 5?

#31Troll_DirectoryPosted 3/16/2014 2:35:59 PM
TheGam3925 posted...
Troll_Directory posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
Geist posted...
Haha, he lied. I own F5, there's so much content it's a bit over whelming at first.

Also, the above poster is also lying to you. There is nothing you need ti buy unless you want the standard DLC all games have. The game simply let's you buy things if you do not wish to earn them through normal game play.

No he didn't.

Forza 4 - 500 Cars 26 Tracks
Forza 5 - 200 Cars 14 Tracks
forza 4 has more cars and locations. forza 5 has more than enough cars and locations. both are true. thus, the gamestop employee lied. :)

According to the TC the GameStop employee said Forza 5 is lacking in content. In comparison to Forza 4 it most definitely is.
maybe, depending on how you view "lacking." fewer, yes, but not deficient. so, i stand by my correct statement.
#32pjnelsonPosted 3/16/2014 11:12:41 PM
cabcalloway1983 posted...
Was told today that i shouldn't get FM5 from a Gamestop employee.I know they are mostly morons but he sounded convincing.

Mainly his complaints were lack of content.I left before he elaborated on what kinds of content it lacked.Is it cars,tracks or maybe both?

He's ignorant, plain and simple. It only lacks content relative to FM3 and FM4. It doesn't have as many cars and tracks because we're starting a new generation with content that belongs on new hardware rather than just copy-pasting from 360, and content for FM5 requires a lot more development time. FM5 still has over 200 cars (not counting DLC) which is more than any other racing game other than Forza and Gran Turismo. Most racing games are doing good to offer forty or fifty cars, and 100 is typically superb, but FM5 offers 200+ without DLC.

I've been playing since November and still don't feel the need to pick up GT6 yet.
---
I'm not here for friends. I'm here for the truth to the best of my knowledge of it, even if it's not what people want to hear.
#33Jedi454Posted 3/16/2014 11:17:40 PM
Forza 5 was completely built from scratch, there may not be as much content as Forza 4, but Forza 4 was just a basic upgrade of Forza 3. The game looks fantastic and it is on my to purchase list.

Don't listen to the stupid trolls saying it is a microtransaction fest.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#34alexismynamexxPosted 3/16/2014 11:32:15 PM
You can get millions of forza 5 credits by just logging into their reward site and it only takes an hour to get around 100k credits. Anyone saying it's an intense grind is a moron that hasn't played the game.

The content isn't amazing, 100 odd cars and 13ish unique tracks.... But in a racing sim that's still a tonne of hours worth, I've spent 67 hours on the game and am only halfway through the different classes....

But tc doesn't seem to respond to people being positive about the game so it's probably just another troll thread....
#35cschmittyPosted 3/16/2014 11:33:17 PM
Jedi454 posted...
Forza 5 was completely built from scratch, there may not be as much content as Forza 4, but Forza 4 was just a basic upgrade of Forza 3. The game looks fantastic and it is on my to purchase list.

Don't listen to the stupid trolls saying it is a microtransaction fest.

Being built from scratch shouldn't be an excuse for less content than its predecessor. That's just lazy. Delay if you have to, don't sacrifice content for a release date.

Also while the game doesn't need you to pay for DLC it is ridiculous and I hope to God this isn't an indication of the future of Forza.
#36SorbetowulfPosted 3/16/2014 11:38:52 PM
Horridhal posted...
cabcalloway1983 posted...
I am not worried about reveal visuals vs release visuals.Played the demo kiosk at GS and the game looked good enough for me.Just worried about the apparent lack of content.

I am used to FM doing regular DLC car packs,i can deal with that.What worries me is lack of tracks foremost and lack of cars second.I would imagine there are plenty of cars on disc to keep you busy for some time but if there are only a few tracks with the rest being DLC that is concerning to me personally.

But i dunno,i hear from one person the content level is fine then another that its skimped on with the majority being paid DLC.Not sure what to think.

http://m.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/619617-forza-5-proves-microtransactions-in-games-are-a-real-problem-now

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/forza-5-dev-defends-microtransactions/1100-6416688/

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/falconer/blog/forza-5-s-not-so-micro-transactions/103837/

Maybe that will help.

Any of these can also apply to Gran Turismo 6, which has worse microtransactions. Unfortunately, if you're into racers, those are the two go-to's. And Gran Turismo 6 is worse, and there's not any microtransactions that are necessary to enjoy Forza 5. There are 200+ cars available at launch, and if you have previous Forza experience, you get an awesome infusion of cash to start your game if you log onto the website.

The only purchase I'd recommend would be the Season Pass, which gives you access to the DLC car packs at a reduced cost. That's not really much more of a micro-transaction than map packs for a shooter, or additional campaigns for the RPGs. And even then, they aren't necessary.

Seriously, if your customer service rep dissuaded you from buying a game without giving any reasons why, and THEN went to helping other customers instead of explaining a reason why, then either they were a shill for another console, or someone else in line had a larger purchase, and either way, it proves less that Forza 5 is a bad game (which it isn't), and more that they don't value you as a customer. It would be enough to make me quit shopping at that particular outlet.
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S
#37Foreign ObjectsPosted 3/17/2014 12:20:18 AM
Horridhal posted...
Most of the content requires Live! purchases(DLC) or an obscene amount of grinding.

It is a cash grab game riddle with micro transactions.

No it isn't. Far from it.

The real trouble with Forza 5 is, that when compared to Forza 4 it is lacking cars and tracks. Forza 4 had a tonne of both, but Forza 5 is lacking. They changed the way they scanned tracks, so they have to re-do all the tracks they originally had. Same with cars. They have to re-scan a whole lot of cars.

It's a great game, and plenty of content. Compared to Forza 4, it's a step back.

the microtransactions is something trolls bring up. Yes you can buy tokens to buy cars/parts but it's not a necessary part of the game. To imply it is, is stupid and does nothing but implies you've never played the game.
---
etc
#3895_EclipsePosted 3/17/2014 12:55:42 AM(edited)
TheGam3925 posted...
Geist posted...
Haha, he lied. I own F5, there's so much content it's a bit over whelming at first.

Also, the above poster is also lying to you. There is nothing you need ti buy unless you want the standard DLC all games have. The game simply let's you buy things if you do not wish to earn them through normal game play.

No he didn't.

Forza 4 - 500 Cars 26 Tracks
Forza 5 - 200 Cars 14 Tracks

That. Along with the fact that they don't support the CSR wheel, Nor did they add any weather effects or night time racing, or even rally of any sort for that matter, is why I switched to Playstation.

Forza 5 could have single handedly made me get a Xbox one over a PS4, instead they disgraced the series. This coming from someone who owns FM1, 2, 3, 4, Horizons the CSR wheel with elite pedals and shifter kit (about $380 after shipping) and two Forza shirts. If you have a 360, get Forza 4 and enjoy a real Forza game, wait for Forza 6 and see if it's a real successor to FM4.

For comparisons sake, Forza 5 is to Forza 4, as Simcity(2013) is to SimCity 4.

*Disclaimer : I get a little worked up when I get talking about Forza 5, because I have loved Forza since the first one, and feel they just went for the cash grab and launch title status, instead of giving fans what they deserve. I still play Forza 4 all the time.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#39slowdog76Posted 3/17/2014 2:00:47 AM
less cars? yes
less tracks? yes

is it a grind? well, put it this way, the first car i bought (aside from ones I had to buy to compete in competitions) was the Lotus F1 car @ 2m credits. I got this after only a few days. Certainly at the beginning, this game is way easy to get a ton of credits. Im at over 1.5m again, with help from forza rewards which gave me a few hundred thousand. so no, it isnt really

no one is mentioning the drivatar system. i have owned forza 2, 3 and 4, and on all of them i found the racing boring and pedestrian. not so here. i thoroughly enjoy the racing; it feels unpredictable and certainly not monotonous
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius