Most accurate Titanfall review I have seen.

#11DamnEvilDogPosted 3/16/2014 9:19:48 PM
Another no name youtube guy giving his opinion about the game, he is no more important then you or I.

Maybe I should go do a review of the game my self and post it on here my self?
---
XBL: DamnEvilDog
#12stargazer1981Posted 3/16/2014 9:20:33 PM
snowboard340 posted...
I skipped to a random part of the video because of the cringe worthy opening, and he was talking about console wars and said ps4 owners have the right to say the xbox one is s***. With that, his opinion becomes worthless.

He definitely didn't strike me as an unbiased "professional" reviewer, for sure. But he was a tad abrasive and too colloquial for my taste. I like my reviewers to convey their opinions a bit more intelligently than an average gamer. Hence why I adore Adam Sessler. Dude loves massaging the English language.
---
'We are both atheists. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.'
#13GambitbuzzkillPosted 3/16/2014 9:21:30 PM
snowboard340 posted...
I skipped to a random part of the video because of the cringe worthy opening, and he was talking about console wars and said ps4 owners have the right to say the xbox one is s***. With that, his opinion becomes worthless.

The whole fueling the fanboy war thing was a little dumb to me as well.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#14squidney2k1Posted 3/16/2014 9:23:08 PM
One of the dumbest reviews ever. Period.
---
Mass Effect 4: Titanfall's Destiny XIV-2....think about it. \m/ (O_o) \m/
Yes, I bought a Wii U, and I still don't know why.
#15aszsithPosted 3/16/2014 9:26:46 PM
For some reason I have a feeling it's the TC's review and he was just testing the waters here and everyone is trashing it. Rightfully so, because it was a terrible review, but still it's gotta hurt a little bit.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#16DaLagga(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 9:27:12 PM
stargazer1981 posted...
He definitely didn't strike me as an unbiased "professional" reviewer, for sure. But he was a tad abrasive and too colloquial for my taste. I like my reviewers to convey their opinions a bit more intelligently than an average gamer. Hence why I adore Adam Sessler. Dude loves massaging the English language.

First off, no reviewer is unbiased. That being said, I don't feel that this reviewer is biased for or against either console for reasons already stated. He's reviewing Titanfall and comparing it to other shooters available on the PC. And by that standard, Titanfall is indeed a very shallow CoD clone. Second, Adam Sessler tends just to just love big flashy mainstream games. But as someone who prefers games to have some meat on their bones with a focus on substance over flash, I tend to disagree with Sessler more often than not.
#17stargazer1981Posted 3/16/2014 9:31:16 PM
DaLagga posted...
stargazer1981 posted...

First off, no reviewer is unbiased. That being said, I don't feel that this reviewer is biased for or against either console for reasons already stated. He's reviewing Titanfall and comparing it to other shooters available on the PC. And by that standard, Titanfall is indeed a very shallow CoD clone. Second, Adam Sessler tends just to just love big flashy mainstream games. But as someone who prefers games to have some meat on their bones with a focus on substance over flash, I tend to disagree with Sessler more often than not.

What...? Sess despises online competitive big name shooters. It was completely out of character for him to dig on Titanfall. And he ALWAYS supports Indie games on his channel... When was the last time you actually watched his reviews? Dude lacks a pretentious streak. He just likes good games. And Titanfall is a good game, objectively. Sure, it's shallow, but it's not trying to be something that it's not.
---
'We are both atheists. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.'
#18DaLagga(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 9:50:27 PM
stargazer1981 posted...
What...? Sess despises online competitive big name shooters. It was completely out of character for him to dig on Titanfall. And he ALWAYS supports Indie games on his channel... When was the last time you actually watched his reviews? Dude lacks a pretentious streak. He just likes good games. And Titanfall is a good game, objectively. Sure, it's shallow, but it's not trying to be something that it's not.

Most of what I see him review are high profile games. And how is Titanfall objectively good? It's CoD with mechs. Like you said, it's shallow. Maps have no sense of progression at all. Just as in CoD, they're designed in a way to promote mass chaos and prohibit teamwork. It turns into yet another game where everyone just runs around on their own spamming bullets at bad guys. And frankly, that does not make for a good competitive MP game.

The only halfway decent mode was last titan standing because it at least involves a minimal amount of teamwork and map control. But even that got really old after a few hours. Especially since I played it with a group of friends and we literally never lost a single match after about 50 games. Winning is fun and all, but not when you're just mindlessly rolf-stomping randoms who aren't working together at all in a shallow game where you can essentially master the mechanics in under an hour.
#19cschmittyPosted 3/16/2014 9:54:52 PM
Someone has an opinion different to mine, trash, can't watch more than a minute, who is this guy, RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE.

Oh but Sessler LOVES this game, he's awesome, game is obviously great.

God you can't buy this s*** in stores.
#20garainePosted 3/16/2014 10:12:20 PM
universaldave posted...
Couldn't disagree more with him... except the part where he admits it's great fun. I guess great fun isn't a good thing in games these days, though?

hey if you put together all the logic used on this board it doesnt have to be fun or even a complete game as long as it's 1080p 60fps..lol