Titanfall has ruined future exclusives

#1xacebopPosted 3/16/2014 11:11:42 PM
This game goes to show what companies are willing to do in the shortgame. Make a few million dollars prior to release to lose a ton of money in the long run.

EA has confirmed this decision was a mistake.

Amount of money from Microsoft exclusive < overall profit if it wasnt.

Thanks to this muckup, exclusives on both sides are less likely to happen because profits from a GOOD multiplat will always supercede an exclusivity contract.

So thank you Titanfall, for showing corpetations the way and allowing EVERYONE to enjoy games while big studios still rake in cash
#2goatthiefPosted 3/16/2014 11:14:02 PM
Quick question: If someone points out that you are acting particularly shillish in a topic, do you lose the money you'd gain from that topic?

Just wondering. I think that's how I would do it. If shills can't do a good job of manipulating market opinion on the downlow, I don't think they'd be worth my money.
---
Please visit 732367, the local gamefaqs goat stealing board for tips and advice on how to catch goats.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/732367-goat-catching
#3xacebop(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 11:14:57 PM
goatthief posted...
Quick question: If someone points out that you are acting particularly shillish in a topic, do you lose the money you'd gain from that topic?

Just wondering. I think that's how I would do it. If shills can't do a good job of manipulating market opinion on the downlow, I don't think they'd be worth my money.

In English?
#4TigercmlPosted 3/16/2014 11:17:15 PM
You do know that Sony owns a s*** load of developers right? Sony will always have exclusives. Whether or not you like those games is irrelevant. Sony always has and always will have the most exclusives. Anyone who says otherwise is only fooling themselves.
---
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7aSfVRT7G62XtO1wGu1c2A
Check Out My Youtube Channel For PS4 Gameplay Videos And Clips!
#5Jedi454Posted 3/16/2014 11:19:17 PM
xacebop posted...
This game goes to show what companies are willing to do in the shortgame. Make a few million dollars prior to release to lose a ton of money in the long run.

Thanks to this muckup, exclusives on both sides are less likely to happen because profits from a GOOD multiplat will always supercede an exclusivity contract.

So thank you Titanfall, for showing corpetations the way and allowing EVERYONE to enjoy games while big studios still rake in cash

Where are you getting your facts from? Your arse?
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#6newbie2007Posted 3/16/2014 11:20:57 PM
I think MS made a shrewd move by securing TF exclusivity before PS4/XB1 consoles are even on the shelf. EA expected 10 million next-gen systems by March, but they clearly didn't expect PS4 to outsell XB1 more than 50%.
#7CapwnDPosted 3/16/2014 11:22:38 PM
xacebop posted...
goatthief posted...

In English?

Same could be said about your first post. So the developers wanted to only work on the Xbox One and PC, and not have to worry about the Sony architecture which traditionally before the PS4 has been hard to work with.

Tigercml posted...
You do know that Sony owns a s*** load of developers right? Sony will always have exclusives. Whether or not you like those games is irrelevant. Sony always has and always will have the most exclusives. Anyone who says otherwise is only fooling themselves.

That's nice dear but there were still more exclusive games on the Xbox 360 last gen than there were on PS3. Unless that changed in the past six months or so, which is fair considering Sony did have a few more lately in their 7th year, as MS is already in their 8th year. I would hope Sony is still catching up.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#8xacebop(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 11:23:15 PM
Tigercml posted...

I'm not talking about companies owned by parent companies but even then the point stands. 2x as many consoles is twice the potential sales in theory.

100 mil for gears franchise is nothing compared to non exclusivity profits over multiple games. Just sayin
#9xacebop(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 11:27:03 PM
Jedi454 posted...
xacebop posted...

Where are you getting your facts from? Your arse?

Uh no. 80 million ps3 users at 60 bucks a pop assume 1% buy that game it will train wreck anything. If you want accurate numbers do some research. I'm not debating, these are facts from a business standpoint that ea themselves have addressed
#10SorbetowulfPosted 3/16/2014 11:30:06 PM(edited)
xacebop posted...

You mean a self-proclaimed industry insider named Pete Dodd, atFamousMortimer, has said that EA has confirmed this decision was a mistake.

Everyone is acting like sales are the be all and end all of what constitutes profits for a video game. Because the fact that Microsoft has pretty much funded any and all advertising pitching an exclusive Titanfall kind of superSedes a lot of the profits EA would have made multiplatting this game.

The only notable thing this dude has done so far was start a mini campaign on NeoGAF that helped start the movement regarding DRM. He hasn't really broken news, and frankly, I can't see anyone at a level in EA that would be privy to such information telling a glorified blogger that EA is regretting a decision that would quickly see advertising dollars cut. That would poison future dealings not only with Microsoft, but every other console manufacturer as well. Biting the hand that feeds is terrible for business.

Guarantee EA issues a statement in the following couple of weeks refuting this claim by Pete Dodd.
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S