Titanfall has ruined future exclusives

#21ZakurooPosted 3/17/2014 12:01:57 AM
What the **** is a Corpetation?

Some kind of weird, Corpse-related mutation?
---
3DS Friend Code: 0130-1798-2750 Name: Dakota
PSN: Wolfy4226. Add me. Wii U: Wolfy4226 Add me.
#22BTM4444Posted 3/17/2014 12:02:23 AM
Good, exclusives are pointless and just hurt both gamers and developers in the long run.

I want to play the last of us but there's no way I'm gonna go out and buy a ps3 and the game to be able to.
---
I'm a Proud Xbox One Owner :)
Microsoft will never sell the Xbox One without Kinect!
#23CapwnDPosted 3/17/2014 12:02:33 AM
rgw posted...
Microsoft likely invested a lot into the success of titanfall. They created buzz and excitement for the game that just wouldn't have existed without Microsoft's money.

This report is idiotic. I'm sure EA would like all the potential revenue streams out there but the fact they have a huge demand they are walled off from obtaining is in no small part due to Microsoft hyping the product as their early lifecycle centerpiece.

When people played and liked Titanfall at E3, was that because of MS?
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#24xacebop(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 12:27:58 AM
Sevi_ney posted...
xacebop posted...

Everyone is acting like sales are the be all and end all of what constitutes profits for a video game.

You are an idiot. This doesn't apply to any publisher / developer and it certainly doesn't apply to EA.

Did you really just quote me then edit my post to try to make yourself look good? Cuz I never said that
#25xacebop(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 12:33:27 AM
Sorbetowulf posted...
xacebop posted...
Sorbetowulf posted...
xacebop posted...
This game goes to show what companies are willing to do in the shortgame. Make a few million dollars prior to release to lose a ton of money in the long run.

EA has confirmed this decision was a mistake.

Amount of money from Microsoft exclusive < overall profit if it wasnt.

Thanks to this muckup, exclusives on both sides are less likely to happen because profits from a GOOD multiplat will always supercede an exclusivity contract.

So thank you Titanfall, for showing corpetations the way and allowing EVERYONE to enjoy games while big studios still rake in cash

You mean a self-proclaimed industry insider named Pete Dodd, atFamousMortimer, has said that EA has confirmed this decision was a mistake.

Everyone is acting like sales are the be all and end all of what constitutes profits for a video game. Because the fact that Microsoft has pretty much funded any and all advertising pitching an exclusive Titanfall kind of superSedes a lot of the profits EA would have made multiplatting this game.

The only notable thing this dude has done so far was start a mini campaign on NeoGAF that helped start the movement regarding DRM. He hasn't really broken news, and frankly, I can't see anyone at a level in EA that would be privy to such information telling a glorified blogger that EA is regretting a decision that would quickly see advertising dollars cut. That would poison future dealings not only with Microsoft, but every other console manufacturer as well. Biting the hand that feeds is terrible for business.

Guarantee EA issues a statement in the following couple of weeks refuting this claim by Pete Dodd.

You're an idiot. Less sales equals more profit? Go to college

Less sales absolutely means more profit

Had to stop reading after that. I guess your internet degree supercedes my Stanford degree.
#26CapwnDPosted 3/17/2014 12:40:04 AM
xacebop posted...
Had to stop reading after that. I guess your internet degree supercedes my Stanford degree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LU8zVSzNnVk#t=8
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#27xacebop(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 2:02:07 AM
CapwnD posted...
xacebop posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LU8zVSzNnVk#t=8
worthless
#28NeoMonkPosted 3/17/2014 2:36:20 AM
EA made a business decision, the wrong one of course. They admit it now because it's true & for that i actually commend them.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#29Foxx3kPosted 3/17/2014 2:38:57 AM
who on earth would use "profit" as a measure of success for a project like this? It's all about ROI.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#30CaIiber345Posted 3/17/2014 3:08:32 AM
xacebop posted...
corpetations

---
twitch.tv/caliber345
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Mercenary Kings, Destiny