My thoughts on the Xbox One and Titanfall from a PS4, PS3, Wii-U, Xbox 360 owner

#1Va1onPosted 3/17/2014 8:24:01 AM
Last gen the console of choice for me was the 360. Even though the first party exclusives such as The Last of Us and Uncharted blew away any first party games on the 360, i pretty much played my 360 at least double the time i did my ps3. The only exclusive I enjoy for the 360 was he the witcher 2 which has become one of my all time fav games. With that said, I decided to buy the PS4 on launch and have had it ever since because if third party games being better on the ps4 and I absolutely hate microsoft after the isht they pulled withe kinect, spying, bad communication with customers, drm etc etc etc the list goes.

I have always said I will eventually pick up an xbox one but not until the price goes down and some better games come along more exclusives so to speak so with titanfall being released last week i was looking jnto buying an xbox one. Right now all i am playing on my ps4 is BF4 which is amazing on the ps4 even with all of the bugs and glitches, fifa 14 i play competitively and resogun.

I went to best buy to play the xbox one demo and here are my thoughts.

Bottom line is, it just feels very solid. I think i prefer the xbox one controller over the ds4 even tho the ds4 is a fantastic controller and a big step up from the ds3. The xbox live menu even with all of its clutterness i feel is still better and more responsive then the psn menu.

I played the demo for forza 5 and the car models looked absolutely gorgeous which was to be expected but the environments looked awful. I was expecting more. The controls with the xbox one controller were fantastic.

Regarding titanfall. The game to me looks very cool and very fun and I was looking forward to play it on the xbox one but then i found out that stats are non existent. I could not believe it. No leaderboards? Wow i was speechless. Total bummer. I am not the greatest fps multiplayer gamer but i do love to keep track and see how i do with kd ratio, weapon stats etc etc etc. total letdown for sure.

Like i said i was much impressed with my time with the xbox one demo at best buy and i can only imagine that with the tv integration the system will be a great piece of tech to own however i was disappointed that titanfall will not be that game that will make me plump down money to own the system just yet.

The system itself is very solid, i was impressed.
#2Tyronelio1Posted 3/17/2014 8:25:15 AM
There's a active titanfall board for the X1 version. :P
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
"Men do not cry for themselves, but for their comrades" - Sephiroth.
#3Darkside_ShadowPosted 3/17/2014 8:34:03 AM
Everything looks amazing in Forza5

Ignored the post from that point on, sorry.
#4dnmtPosted 3/17/2014 8:37:27 AM
Darkside_Shadow posted...

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1425/14251903/2434062-6930827085-25774.jpg

This looks amazing to you?
#5KalibakPosted 3/17/2014 8:38:56 AM
Titanfall tracks your stats. Even has separate K/D for pilots/grunts. You can see your stats anytime.
#6Va1on(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 8:40:24 AM
Kalibak posted...
Titanfall tracks your stats. Even has separate K/D for pilots/grunts. You can see your stats anytime.

Is this true? I keep hearing it has no leaderboards and it doesn't track stats.
#7Va1on(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 8:41:16 AM
dnmt posted...
Darkside_Shadow posted...

Lol what is that??.??

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1425/14251903/2434062-6930827085-25774.jpg

This looks amazing to you?
#8Evel138Posted 3/17/2014 8:45:37 AM
It does track stats. K/D among various other things. I would like to compare stats against my friends though....

Currently I'm at 4.0 against pilots (players) and iirc 9 overall.

/pats self on back
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y
#9towlie_420Posted 3/17/2014 8:56:27 AM
Va1on posted...
Kalibak posted...

Is this true? I keep hearing it has no leaderboards and it doesn't track stats.

It does track your stats but there is no leaderboard and no way for you to look at others stats.
---
xboxGT MaGee911
PSN magee911
#10rusty12000Posted 3/17/2014 9:00:25 AM
I kind of suck at video games so the lack of a leader board is great in my opinion. That way i don't know how much of a newb i am.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM