My thoughts on the Xbox One and Titanfall from a PS4, PS3, Wii-U, Xbox 360 owner

#11extankerPosted 3/17/2014 8:05:18 AM
dnmt posted...
Darkside_Shadow posted...
Everything looks amazing in Forza5

Ignored the post from that point on, sorry.

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1425/14251903/2434062-6930827085-25774.jpg

This looks amazing to you?

I knew that was a picture of the crowd before I even looked at the link... Can you fanboys find something else in Forza 5 that looks bad besides a detail that you can't even see unless you stop on the track during a race? I never even noticed it myself until all the fanboys started whining about it.

Here, let me correct it for you: Forza 5 looks incredible. Except for the crowds, which you will pretty much never even notice, but some obsessive fanboys feel it is important to point out. Constantly. Is that better?
#12dnmtPosted 3/17/2014 9:20:05 AM
extanker posted...
dnmt posted...

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1425/14251903/2434062-6930827085-25774.jpg

I knew that was a picture of the crowd before I even looked at the link... Can you fanboys find something else in Forza 5 that looks bad besides a detail that you can't even see unless you stop on the track during a race? I never even noticed it myself until all the fanboys started whining about it.

Here, let me correct it for you: Forza 5 looks incredible. Except for the crowds, which you will pretty much never even notice, but some obsessive fanboys feel it is important to point out. Constantly. Is that better?

What about the baked lighting though? Even games on previous gen systems managed incredible looking weather effects and day-to-night cycles on top of dynamic lighting. Forza 5 doesn't have that and was severely downgraded from its E3 reveal.
#13extankerPosted 3/17/2014 9:43:23 AM
dnmt posted...
extanker posted...
dnmt posted...

What about the baked lighting though? Even games on previous gen systems managed incredible looking weather effects and day-to-night cycles on top of dynamic lighting. Forza 5 doesn't have that and was severely downgraded from its E3 reveal.

Maybe you should have mentioned all of that instead of just posting a link to a picture of something completely inconsequential to the look of the game. Plus, even if it doesn't look as good as the E3 reveal, it doesn't diminish the fact that the game still looks great, whether you want to admit it or not.

Forza has never had dynamic weather or day/night cycles, so complaining that those are missing from a Forza game is like complaining that you can't get Big Mac sauce on your Whopper. Would it be nice? Yes. Should you expect it? No.
#14crucialPosted 3/17/2014 2:47:27 PM
Game is pure fun and with the lack of leader boards I am finding out people are playing the game as intended,camping is pretty much dead in this game because people don't care about K/D because it means nothing in this game,you can have a horrible kd and still be great at the game it just depends on what you do,objective?ai hunter?pilot hunter?Titan killer?so many options.

At first I hated not being able to see friends stats but after a while I embraced it,its such a relief to see people play the game right and not corner camp to get there lewt 9.83 kd ratio.
#15SS_MetalSonicPosted 3/17/2014 3:22:12 PM
extanker posted...
dnmt posted...
extanker posted...
dnmt posted...

Maybe you should have mentioned all of that instead of just posting a link to a picture of something completely inconsequential to the look of the game. Plus, even if it doesn't look as good as the E3 reveal, it doesn't diminish the fact that the game still looks great, whether you want to admit it or not.

Forza has never had dynamic weather or day/night cycles, so complaining that those are missing from a Forza game is like complaining that you can't get Big Mac sauce on your Whopper. Would it be nice? Yes. Should you expect it? No.

Are there night races in grand touring races?
---
http://shonmac.deviantart.com/ [ PSWiiPCBOX ] Currently playing - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Strider, LittleBigPlanet, Titanfall
#16spacejamjordanzPosted 3/17/2014 4:09:22 PM
extanker posted...
dnmt posted...

I am sorry, but the way Microsoft keeps touting 1080/60 for Forza 5 makes some can't help but point out the sacrifices Turn 10 had to make for it to get there. GT5 ran at 1080/60, but also had ugly ass trees. I just expected a more powerful console to make LESS sacrifices. Personally they shouldn't have even bothered with the crowds if they are going look like cardboard cut outs.

Also I expected more from Forza 5 on Xbox One. The game still lacks dynamic weather effects. It still lacks night time races. These are things PD accomplished with GT5 on PS3 four years ago. GT5 was far from a perfect game, but you can go from a rainy night to a sunny day in the same race.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138