xbone accountted for 94% of Titanfall sells in uk, 6% on pc

#21AkuryuPosted 3/17/2014 5:27:44 PM
This happens every time somebody tries to compare PC sales to console sales. When groups like NPD release sales numbers, they are tracking retail sales. Retrail; as in people went to a store and bought a physical copy of the game.

While it's still common practice for console owners to buy a game in-store, almost nobody buys a box copy of a PC game. It's 2014. 90+% of PC sales are digital, which are not tracked.

That said, I'm sure more copies did sell for Xbox One than for PC. Why? Because frankly there isn't much else to play on Xbox One right now. Almost every Xbox One owner is picking it up just to end the drought. PC gamers are spread out over thousands of games and virtually every genre imaginable.
#22OpheliaAdenadePosted 3/17/2014 5:32:58 PM
Akuryu posted...
This happens every time somebody tries to compare PC sales to console sales. When groups like NPD release sales numbers, they are tracking retail sales. Retrail; as in people went to a store and bought a physical copy of the game.

While it's still common practice for console owners to buy a game in-store, almost nobody buys a box copy of a PC game. It's 2014. 90+% of PC sales are digital, which are not tracked.

That said, I'm sure more copies did sell for Xbox One than for PC. Why? Because frankly there isn't much else to play on Xbox One right now. Almost every Xbox One owner is picking it up just to end the drought. PC gamers are spread out over thousands of games and virtually every genre imaginable.

Shh... let them have this one. Give a dog a (x)bone.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#23Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/17/2014 5:45:26 PM
In the US, PC sales was #8 and Xbox One #10 for Titanfall(Amazon), but apparently Skylander took 8th place and pushed the PC version to 11th, moving the Xbox One version of Titanfall to 9th

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=vg_homepage_quicklinks_bestsellers?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-leftnav&pf_rd_r=11MTR2PMZJGZKG9HC7D6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1737241102&pf_rd_i=468642
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#24ExtortionsPosted 3/17/2014 5:51:32 PM
Neat. Now lets talk about something besides a washed up game genre.
#25ExarOsPosted 3/17/2014 5:58:43 PM
Tony_Biggie_Pun posted...
No one cares about this game except Xboners who want to justify their purchase.

I have a strong PC and I didnt even bother with the free open beta. I wouldnt even buy it for $10 let alone $60. Plus its multiplayer only. Not a good deal at all

You care enough to be here on the Xbox One Titanfall board. Stop being a sour troll and go play Knack or something.
---
Current Sony Pony Troll's who invaded the XBONE board on my ignore list: 57
GT: Exar0s / PSN: Exar0s / Wii U: Exar0s
#26sonicteam2k1Posted 3/17/2014 6:16:14 PM
CharadeSmith posted...
You have no way of knowing PC sales, most PC gamers buy digital.

Also what #8 said.

yeah I bought a digital copy of it, as well as all of my friends
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
#27kcypher2000Posted 3/17/2014 7:09:43 PM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
CharadeSmith posted...

Also what #8 said.

Digital copies exist on Xbox too genius. Or do you only pay attention to that when people claim psn digital sales are 50% of full sales.

FYI on xbox live store Titanfall is the top selling game so either way you are wrong.
#28Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/17/2014 7:30:05 PM
kcypher2000 posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
CharadeSmith posted...

Also what #8 said.

Digital copies exist on Xbox too genius. Or do you only pay attention to that when people claim psn digital sales are 50% of full sales.

FYI on xbox live store Titanfall is the top selling game so either way you are wrong.

according to Amazon.Com, one of the largest retailers, PSN Money cards are in top 10 sellers for video games, multiple times for different amounts, so yeah, I say a lot of PS games are digital
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#29RybalPosted 3/17/2014 7:38:27 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
In the US, PC sales was #8 and Xbox One #10 for Titanfall(Amazon), but apparently Skylander took 8th place and pushed the PC version to 11th, moving the Xbox One version of Titanfall to 9th

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=vg_homepage_quicklinks_bestsellers?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-leftnav&pf_rd_r=11MTR2PMZJGZKG9HC7D6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1737241102&pf_rd_i=468642

You reversed ranks somewhere
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81
#30AarksharkPosted 3/17/2014 7:41:07 PM
CHUBBYGURL posted...
outselling the 360 version.

Care to share your time machine with the rest of us?
Since Titanfall doesn't release on the 360 until the 25th (28th in EU)?
---
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
My FUNK is all that of JUSTICE! I will be the first to grab the napkin, you will be as docile as the winter catfish!