Is it possible to sue MS over this?

#31ssj954vegitoPosted 3/17/2014 2:09:41 PM
I believe there are warnings for this so no, you couldn't. And if you did somehow make it to court, you'd look real dumb when MS' defendant points that out.
---
Proud to be EPic.
You ever notice that everything in the universe spins?
#32SonyPonyTonyPosted 3/17/2014 2:12:08 PM
mcnichoj posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
since I'm taking a sort of legal class at college. o.o But I don't know what to tell her.
If you're the one taking the legal class, why ask us?

College is such a joke.

Because it's a legal class for half-wits and TC is already on academic probation as it is
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
#33Jiggy101011Posted 3/17/2014 2:33:04 PM
krystyla posted...
Just Google Stella awards

This year's runaway First Place Stella Award winner was: Mavis of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, who purchased a new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home, from an OU football game, having driven on to the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the driver's seat to go to the back of the Winnebago to make herself a sandwich not surprisingly, the motor home left the freeway, crashed and overturned. Also not surprisingly, Mavis sued Winnebago for not putting in the owner’s manual that she couldn't actually leave the driver's seat while the cruise control was set. The Oklahoma jury awarded her, are you sitting down? $1,750,000 PLUS a new motor home. Winnebago actually changed their manuals as a result of this suit, just in case Mavis has any relatives who might also buy a motor home

That's a hoax though

Thank God.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#34TheBonfiniPosted 3/17/2014 2:45:57 PM
You could sue and you might even get a judgement but the value of a broken nose that will completely heal would be far less than legal expenses. Also MS would greatly lessen their liability by arguing contributory negligence to her friend , noting there is clear warnings. You'd be lucky to get $200.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#35zinsindettaPosted 3/17/2014 2:47:55 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
I have a friend who was playing one of those dancing games on the kinect with another girl, and during the dance her friend swung her arm and hit the other girl's face, breaking her nose. She was asking me today what to do about it and if she could sue, since I'm taking a sort of legal class at college. o.o But I don't know what to tell her.

If they did and won then everyone would be breaking peoples noses for a payday.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#36Jiggy101011Posted 3/17/2014 2:48:35 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
I have a friend who was playing one of those dancing games on the kinect with another girl, and during the dance her friend swung her arm and hit the other girl's face, breaking her nose. She was asking me today what to do about it and if she could sue, since I'm taking a sort of legal class at college. o.o But I don't know what to tell her.

The real question I want an answer to is what is a "sort of legal" class?
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#37PorungaPosted 3/17/2014 2:52:21 PM
Your friend could possibly sue the girl, but not MS.
#38OpheliaAdenade(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 3:14:21 PM
Jiggy101011 posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...

umm... it is called "legal aspects in healthcare." o.o I'm required to take it. We haven't learned anything about broken nose lawsuits though.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#39ArkonBladePosted 3/17/2014 3:15:34 PM
dray3214 posted...
i hope this is a joke

---
PC game sales= more games then you could ever dream of owning.
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
#40GondolinRisesPosted 3/17/2014 3:28:08 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Jiggy101011 posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...

umm... it is called "legal aspects in healthcare." o.o I'm required to take it. We haven't learned anything about broken nose lawsuits though.

As a former law student, don't give people legal advice. That you can be sued for. Tell her you're not qualified to give input on such matters and if they are serious they should consult an actual attorney.
---
Can't keep a good man down. More Fe + C than you.