Is it possible to sue MS over this?

#41CRASS5000Posted 3/17/2014 3:29:59 PM
xbox record that
---
GT. CRASS RAT GT2. LBC iGoNegative
*Official Topic Killer*
#42Maverick_ReznorPosted 3/17/2014 3:36:33 PM
Yea, but you would lose then get counter sued.
---
Currently Playing : Titanfall, South Park:SoT and Darks Souls
Looking Forward To: Destiny, MK8, I:SS, ESO,and The Order 1886
#432ndAtomiskPosted 3/17/2014 3:42:45 PM
CRASS5000 posted...
xbox record that

LOL!!
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
http://abload.de/img/zeronailed4xz8o.gif
#44Orange_ApplesPosted 3/17/2014 3:50:56 PM
If the game has once of those warning screen that say to make sure you have plenty of room for a full range of motion then your friend can sue and lose.

If not, then I think there is a case to be had.
#45wake_me_420Posted 3/17/2014 3:53:33 PM
Maybe she can sue her mom for drinking when pregnant and having a 'special' child.
---
Check out this sweet box fort I made. Dare I say, 'World's Greatest' :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo57wauuvA
#46ShELbY_GT500Posted 3/17/2014 4:04:22 PM
Is it possible to sue the TC for making stupid topics?
---
For all your free comedy and entertainment please head on over to the Xbox One message board!
#47OpheliaAdenade(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 6:13:41 PM
GondolinRises posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Jiggy101011 posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
I have a friend who was playing one of those dancing games on the kinect with another girl, and during the dance her friend swung her arm and hit the other girl's face, breaking her nose. She was asking me today what to do about it and if she could sue, since I'm taking a sort of legal class at college. o.o But I don't know what to tell her.

The real question I want an answer to is what is a "sort of legal" class?

umm... it is called "legal aspects in healthcare." o.o I'm required to take it. We haven't learned anything about broken nose lawsuits though.

As a former law student, don't give people legal advice. That you can be sued for. Tell her you're not qualified to give input on such matters and if they are serious they should consult an actual attorney.

Can you give her advice then? o.o She is very upset about this. She keeps blaming the kinect.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#48wake_me_420Posted 3/17/2014 6:15:41 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
GondolinRises posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Jiggy101011 posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
I have a friend who was playing one of those dancing games on the kinect with another girl, and during the dance her friend swung her arm and hit the other girl's face, breaking her nose. She was asking me today what to do about it and if she could sue, since I'm taking a sort of legal class at college. o.o But I don't know what to tell her.

umm... it is called "legal aspects in healthcare." o.o I'm required to take it. We haven't learned anything about broken nose lawsuits though.

As a former law student, don't give people legal advice. That you can be sued for. Tell her you're not qualified to give input on such matters and if they are serious they should consult an actual attorney.

Can you give her advice then? o.o She is very upset about this. She keeps blaming the kinect.

stereotypical female, playing the victim for her own mistake.
---
Check out this sweet box fort I made. Dare I say, 'World's Greatest' :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo57wauuvA
#49prozac786Posted 3/17/2014 6:25:55 PM
It's the American legal system. You can sue anyone for pretty much anything and actually win. Just need the right lawyer.
---
PSN Prozac786
"It shows how poorly education and raised someone really are." bob15x
#50Cornbread4lifePosted 3/17/2014 6:29:06 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
GondolinRises posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Jiggy101011 posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...

Well if he did that, he'd be creating a lawyer-client relationship. Also, since he said "former law student" and not "attorney," I'm guessing he'd also be engaging in unauthorized practice of law. But judging from what he said in his post, I don't think he'd even consider it.
---
GT: Cornbread4life