External Hard Drive Support Needed...

#1SorbetowulfPosted 3/17/2014 12:40:23 PM
Microsoft needs to get their external hard drive support released. Now that there are several games worth owning (Forza, DR3, KI, sports game of your choice, Tomb Raider, Titanfall, PvZ, upcoming releases), memory space is filling up fast.

I've hit my limit and had to start uninstalling.

My only grip so far with the system so far.
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S
#2Troll_DirectoryPosted 3/17/2014 12:42:53 PM
i agree, and i'm glad ms agrees too. i'd also rather add storage, than replace it. replacing, seems like a waste.
#3Sorbetowulf(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 2:28:30 PM
Sorbetowulf posted...
Microsoft needs to get their external hard drive support released. Now that there are several games worth owning (Forza, DR3, KI, sports game of your choice, Tomb Raider, Titanfall, PvZ, upcoming releases), memory space is filling up fast.

Troll_Directory posted...
i agree, and i'm glad ms agrees too. i'd also rather add storage, than replace it. replacing, seems like a waste.

100% agreed. It's almost like Microsoft is a hardware/software developer and appreciate a consumer's need to swap out memory! It shall be a happy day when I can plug in my external 2 TB drive and start installing surplus games there. I'm thinking I'll likely just install games to the external, and have game saves and DLC and the like on the internal, if it's possible.
---
#4aszsithPosted 3/17/2014 2:36:16 PM(edited)
I don't see how with so few games your space is filled up already.

I have Assassins Creed 4 (and it's DLC), Battlefield 4, Dead Rising 3 (with the DLC), Killer Instinct Ultra, Killer Instinct Classic, Lego Marvel, Need for Speed Rivals, Ryse, and the Titanfall beta installed.

In addition to the preinstalled apps I have Amazon Instant Video, Blu Ray player, NFL, Uplay, Upload Studio and Xbox Video installed. I also have a bunch of videos from the game DVR saved too.

I'm only at 41% space used with 215.1GB free space.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#5regsantotomasPosted 3/17/2014 2:36:02 PM
By summer, I will have to start deleting games and apps. I am at nearly 60% capacity already.

Hopefully, we see some sort of announcement at or by E3.

I also want them to revisit the Family Sharing program at that time.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#6IloveElitePosted 3/17/2014 2:44:27 PM
Sorbetowulf posted...

Another american who doesn't know the different between hard drive space and memory. lol
#7Sorbetowulf(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 2:51:51 PM
IloveElite posted...
Sorbetowulf posted...

Another american who doesn't know the different between hard drive space and memory. lol

I'm not an American, and I'm not by nature tech-savvy. But ok. External device for increasing the capacity for that which I use to install things so's that I can plays my games on my fancy pants console. Is you a happy now, Mr. SmartyPantses?

Another person that doesn't know the differenCE between "american" and American. LOL.
---
#8Sorbetowulf(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 2:53:17 PM
aszsith posted...
I don't see how with so few games your space is filled up already.

I have Assassins Creed 4 (and it's DLC), Battlefield 4, Dead Rising 3 (with the DLC), Killer Instinct Ultra, Killer Instinct Classic, Lego Marvel, Need for Speed Rivals, Ryse, and the Titanfall beta installed.

In addition to the preinstalled apps I have Amazon Instant Video, Blu Ray player, NFL, Uplay, Upload Studio and Xbox Video installed. I also have a bunch of videos from the game DVR saved too.

I'm only at 41% space used with 215.1GB free space.

We don't have so few games. We've purchased everything released so far. Actually, I was pretty impressed with the amount of storage it held. It wasn't until Tomb Raider released that we hit our capacity. That included the Live games.
---
#9SonyPonyTonyPosted 3/17/2014 3:02:48 PM
Sorbetowulf posted...
IloveElite posted...
Sorbetowulf posted...

I'm not an American, and I'm not by nature tech-savvy. But ok. External device for increasing the capacity for that which I use to install things so's that I can plays my games on my fancy pants console. Is you a happy now, Mr. SmartyPantses?

Another person that doesn't know the differenCE between "american" and American. LOL.

lol sorbetowulf, you made IloveElite look downright ignorant. Guess he's just another ignorant poster with America-envy. I don't even know why he just automatically made that jump
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
#10MrImpatient35Posted 3/17/2014 3:07:20 PM
Of the things I think they need to do to make X1 more popular, this has to be at the top of my list. I already have an external HD picked out. Just waiting on the support lol.
---
FML