External Hard Drive Support Needed...

#41dnmtPosted 3/18/2014 1:58:59 AM
Is CapwnD really trying to argue here that having less options is somehow better?
#42cschmittyPosted 3/18/2014 2:04:58 AM
dnmt posted...
Is CapwnD really trying to argue here that having less options is somehow better?

Seems to be the case, either that or his computer knowledge is really lacking.
#43charlton3kPosted 3/18/2014 3:26:44 AM
This thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdREEcfaihg
---
Craphex
I play every game across every platform. Everything in one place: http://raptr.com/charlton3k/about
#44spacejamjordanzPosted 3/18/2014 5:10:05 AM
We do need something. EIther the option to upgrade the HDD or use external storage. We already lose over 1/4 (roughly 27%) of the space out of the box. This gen is where games are sucking up more space than ever before. I have six games on my XB1, and I'm already at 50% capacity (so my XB1 says). I haven't even had the console that long. By the fall, I might have to start deleting things.

There needs to be a solution.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#45ILikesCheesePosted 3/18/2014 5:18:52 AM(edited)
aszsith posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
Sorbetowulf posted...
We don't have so few games. We've purchased everything released so far. Actually, I was pretty impressed with the amount of storage it held. It wasn't until Tomb Raider released that we hit our capacity. That included the Live games.

If you had truly purchased "everything released so far" your 370GB hard drive would have been full on launch day back in November.

Every released game currently (at least the ones listed in the IGN Wiki) add up to 341GB . This of course does not include DLC or updates.

That is a straight up lie.

It's sad when you have to make up stuff in a failed attempt to prove your point.

A simple search on the net will show you that every game on RELEASE DAY for the Xbox One added up to almost more than the available space on the system's hard drive.

MEMORY REFRESHER SORBEWULF!!!!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/68055611?page=4

POST #212

:P
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#46CapwnDPosted 3/18/2014 7:00:37 AM
dnmt posted...

No. You should read the topic before responding.

Where are you seeing less options vs more options? They are different options.

cschmitty posted...
dnmt posted...

Says the guy who is talking about doing a RAID on a PS4.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#47cschmittyPosted 3/18/2014 7:23:22 AM
CapwnD posted...
dnmt posted...

No. You should read the topic before responding.

Where are you seeing less options vs more options? They are different options.

cschmitty posted...
dnmt posted...

Says the guy who is talking about doing a RAID on a PS4.

There is absolutely no reason why you couldn't set up a RAID 0 for the PS4. This is painfully basic tech stuff here buddy. No modding required.

If you want more information most libraries have those Computer Basics for Dummies books. My grandma found it very useful. Or get you older brother / daddy show you.
#48Sorbetowulf(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 8:02:50 AM(edited)
ILikesCheese posted...
aszsith posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
Sorbetowulf posted...
We don't have so few games. We've purchased everything released so far. Actually, I was pretty impressed with the amount of storage it held. It wasn't until Tomb Raider released that we hit our capacity. That included the Live games.

If you had truly purchased "everything released so far" your 370GB hard drive would have been full on launch day back in November.

Every released game currently (at least the ones listed in the IGN Wiki) add up to 341GB . This of course does not include DLC or updates.

That is a straight up lie.

It's sad when you have to make up stuff in a failed attempt to prove your point.

A simple search on the net will show you that every game on RELEASE DAY for the Xbox One added up to almost more than the available space on the system's hard drive.

MEMORY REFRESHER SORBEWULF!!!!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/68055611?page=4

POST #212

:P

I'm not sure who exactly you're calling a liar here. I also don't know why you linked me to a post I made three months ago. At the time I made no claims of storage space, the thread in question was regarding how many games people owned (at the time), and I made an off-hand remark as to questioning how much storage we had left. Six posts later, in fact, I stated then that if we hit the storage limit for the console with Halo: Spartan Assault (which we didn't, nor did we for Max: Curse of Brotherhood), we would uninstall games to make space. When I tried to install Tomb Raider, we then received the alert that we would have to uninstall to make room. Which we subsequently have. And have continued to do so for subsequent purchases. You state that the games released on launch day combined are almost more than the available storage. Almost more isn't more. It's either more, or it isn't. If it isn't, there's room for more.

And just because I stated that we've purchased everything, doesn't imply that everything was installed. A couple are still shrink-wrapped, and are likely to remain so until such time as another game has been played to death and uninstalled, or external storage support is provided.

There are several games on the shelf now that are not installed out of necessity. I really don't understand what exactly you're taking issue with here. If it's the reference to 341 GB, that claim wasn't even made by me, it was made by aszsith. So is something someone else allegedly made up trying to prove my point?

I don't see how I need to make something up to prove my point when my point is when my household purchased Tomb Raider, my household ran out of console space, and now owns games that aren't installed because there's no room for them. It's pretty cut and dried. Please elucidate me as to the lie in question, and what exactly you're trying to take issue with here.
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S
#49regsantotomasPosted 3/18/2014 8:01:11 AM
Thread seems to have gone off the rails.

Either way, external hard drive support needs to and should be coming soon.

The fact that it does support internal swapping is immaterial now. That ship has sailed.

Anyways, carry on. I'm hoping E3 will resolve this soon.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#50Sorbetowulf(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 8:05:01 AM
regsantotomas posted...
Thread seems to have gone off the rails.

Either way, external hard drive support needs to and should be coming soon.

Don't they all...

And agreed.
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S