External Hard Drive Support Needed...

#51ExempliGratiaPosted 3/18/2014 8:12:27 AM
I have NBA 2k14 , Need for Speed Rivals. K.I Ultra & K.I Classic, Rayman, Titanfall. Madden and Fifa installed , Strider, Kinect sports rivals demo, Zoo tycoon demo, and the Project spark beta. Also have apps. Even with all that I only have 42% space used. How don't you have any space at all? With the exception of Madden and Fifa all those games are digital downloads.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#52Sorbetowulf(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 8:47:01 AM(edited)
ExempliGratia posted...
I have NBA 2k14 , Need for Speed Rivals. K.I Ultra & K.I Classic, Rayman, Titanfall. Madden and Fifa installed , Strider, Kinect sports rivals demo, Zoo tycoon demo, and the Project spark beta. Also have apps. Even with all that I only have 42% space used. How don't you have any space at all? With the exception of Madden and Fifa all those games are digital downloads.

As mentioned previously in the thread, my significant other and I have purchased everything released so far. It's not a common problem people will be having yet, but as more games are released, it will be, especially as DLC is added to games. We're merely the fortunate minority ahead of the curve, and Microsoft hinted that external storage integration would be added, and we were hoping it's going to be sooner, rather than later.
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S
#53aszsithPosted 3/18/2014 10:03:30 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
aszsith posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
Sorbetowulf posted...
We don't have so few games. We've purchased everything released so far. Actually, I was pretty impressed with the amount of storage it held. It wasn't until Tomb Raider released that we hit our capacity. That included the Live games.

If you had truly purchased "everything released so far" your 370GB hard drive would have been full on launch day back in November.

Every released game currently (at least the ones listed in the IGN Wiki) add up to 341GB . This of course does not include DLC or updates.

That is a straight up lie.

It's sad when you have to make up stuff in a failed attempt to prove your point.

A simple search on the net will show you that every game on RELEASE DAY for the Xbox One added up to almost more than the available space on the system's hard drive.

MEMORY REFRESHER SORBEWULF!!!!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/68055611?page=4

POST #212

:P

LIE? Incorrect? Perhaps. LIE? That has intent. You know what...this isn't even worth it. Welcome to the ignore list. You aren't worth my time.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#54ILikesCheesePosted 3/18/2014 11:29:35 AM
Sorbetowulf posted...
We don't have so few games. We've purchased everything released so far. Actually, I was pretty impressed with the amount of storage it held. It wasn't until Tomb Raider released that we hit our capacity. That included the Live games.

ILikesCheese posted...
If you had truly purchased "everything released so far" your (362GB) hard drive would have been (nearly) full on launch day back in November.

aszsith posted...
Every released game currently (at least the ones listed in the IGN Wiki) add up to 341GB

ILikesCheese posted...
That is a straight up lie. It's sad when you have to make up stuff in a failed attempt to prove your point. A simple search on the net will show you that every game on RELEASE DAY for the Xbox One added up to almost more than the available space on the system's hard drive.

MEMORY REFRESHER: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/68055611?page=4 POST #212 :P

Sorbetowulf posted...
I'm not sure who exactly you're calling a liar here. I also don't know why you linked me to a post I made three months ago.

Let me break this down for you by the numbers:

1) Sorbetowulf (Sorbet O Wolf? - sounds like an ice cream flavor for strange people...) you claimed that your Xbox One's paltry 362 GB of space available on the hard drive did not reach critical mass until Tomb raider, and you were correct. Only two games were released after launch on November 22 through January, Peggle 2 and Tomb Raider.

2) My lie comment was directed at Aszith who falsely claimed that EVERY game CURRENTLY available for the Xbox One adds up to only 342 GB. That was the case on launch day, not now.

3) As you can see from my post in your thread three months ago, every Xbox One game available on launch day would have filled up the Xbox One's hard drive to about 343 GB. A Peggle 2 and a Tomb Raider later and BOOM! you're at capacity. And that's BEFORE factoring in anything other than just GAME installs.

The hard drive situation is deplorable for both consoles, but certainly moreso in the case of the Xbox One. Also, how's that wait going for news on an external hard drive for the console that you were SO SURE would be released at the same time as Titanfall? And yet here we are, and still Microsoft is mum on the subject.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#55Sorbetowulf(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 1:21:15 PM
ILikesCheese posted...

Let me break this down for you by the numbers:

1) Sorbetowulf (Sorbet O Wolf? - sounds like an ice cream flavor for strange people...) you claimed that your Xbox One's paltry 362 GB of space available on the hard drive did not reach critical mass until Tomb raider, and you were correct. Only two games were released after launch on November 22 through January, Peggle 2 and Tomb Raider.

2) My lie comment was directed at Aszith who falsely claimed that EVERY game CURRENTLY available for the Xbox One adds up to only 342 GB. That was the case on launch day, not now.

3) As you can see from my post in your thread three months ago, every Xbox One game available on launch day would have filled up the Xbox One's hard drive to about 343 GB. A Peggle 2 and a Tomb Raider later and BOOM! you're at capacity. And that's BEFORE factoring in anything other than just GAME installs.

The hard drive situation is deplorable for both consoles, but certainly moreso in the case of the Xbox One. Also, how's that wait going for news on an external hard drive for the console that you were SO SURE would be released at the same time as Titanfall? And yet here we are, and still Microsoft is mum on the subject.

1.) You're being a little confrontational, what with the making fun of names and all. It's derived from an amalgamation of sorbet like the ice cream, and Beowulf, the oldest surviving epic poem written in Olde English. I'm a nerd, I make no bones about it, and I enjoy wordplay.

2.) Thank you for clearing up the accusation. I'll defer to aszsith to take umbrage.

3.) The hard drive was indeed pretty full by late December, I believe after installing Halo: Spartan Assault, we were at 99% capacity. We had to uninstall two games to make room for Tomb Raider, and a further one to play the Titanfall Beta.

I'm glad you agree that the drive situation is deplorable, but I've always been happy with Microsoft's ability to provide support to remedy these situations. As mentioned a couple of posts up, I'm by no means under the impression other console users will feel the squeeze quite as much as my household is, because I'm sure other users aren't as fascinated with completionism as we are, and haven't felt the need to invest in every game released so far, so we shouldn't crack the whip merely to satisfy our first world problems. My only concern is that with an increasing supply of games that are of decent quality, more purchases can be justified, and that means that space concerns will be becoming more of an issue.

I can't speak to the situation on other platforms, as the Xbox One is our primary source of entertainment, and I don't feel qualified to address other consoles. However, you are incorrect in stating that I was SO SURE that the external HD would be released at the same time as Titanfall. Quite the opposite, in fact. In the link to the thread you provided, in post #218, I believe I stated that:

Sorbetowulf
... Hopefully the external hard drive support will be a go once Titanfall is out.

Hoping something will be a go once Titanfall is out and being sure that it will be released at the same time are different situations. And if they're going to provide external drive support at some time, I've already got several just lying around waiting to be plugged in. It's merely a matter of when.

My original point was that so far my only gripe with the system is that they've released enough content that for some users, myself included, have reached the limit of what we can store. And as more content is released, having to pick and choose what stays and goes is becoming frustrating.
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S
#56aszsithPosted 3/18/2014 1:55:08 PM
Sorbetwulf posted...
2.) Thank you for clearing up the accusation. I'll defer to aszsith to take umbrage.

ILikesCheese posted...

aszsith posted...
Every released game currently (at least the ones listed in the IGN Wiki) add up to 341GB

ILikesCheese posted...
That is a straight up lie. It's sad when you have to make up stuff in a failed attempt to prove your point. A simple search on the net will show you that every game on RELEASE DAY for the Xbox One added up to almost more than the available space on the system's hard drive.

As you bolded the part you didn't read, I'll allow you to read it again here: (at least the ones listed in the IGN Wiki). Could this resource be out of date? Absolutely. But go ahead and view the page and add up what it details yourself and you'll see that while the information there may be out of date, there was no LYING involved.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/List_of_Xbox_One_Games

Lies are spread with intent to deceive. That is FAR different from someone simply being incorrect. Saying tomatoes are vegetables is factually incorrect. Saying tomatoes cause cancer and Alzheimer's Disease is a lie. Do you see the difference?

When you brandish someone a liar, you question their integrity. The resource I lazily chose to use may not have been accurate. But that doesn't mean there was any intent to deceive.

Was I wrong? It appears so. Was I lying? No.

So, since you questioned my motives, I'll question yours. What are YOUR intentions when you ignorantly ignore the caveats post and then blatantly, irresponsibly, rudely, and ultimately incorrectly judge and label them? If you want success in life, you better learn how to better handle yourself. No one respects someone who throws out sensationalized judgments, especially when they are unfounded and inaccurate.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#57ILikesCheesePosted 3/20/2014 5:34:52 AM(edited)
aszsith posted...

ILikesCheese posted...

aszsith posted...
As you bolded the part you didn't read, I'll allow you to read it again here: (at least the ones listed in the IGN Wiki). Could this resource be out of date? Absolutely. But go ahead and view the page and add up what it details yourself and you'll see that while the information there may be out of date, there was no LYING involved.

Ah.

The back-pedal. I was of course referencing your main point, not the caveat buried in parenthesis. And yes, I did read that. That was why I capitalized the words RELEASE DAY.

Don't be so bold to link to an outdated news post when attempting to make a point as still fact MONTHS later. It would be like me saying Apple stock is close to $700/share NOW, and linking to a stock price from 2012.

If the word "lying" is too harsh for you, how about "deliberately misleading" ?
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#58InfiniteHEROPosted 3/20/2014 5:57:07 AM
Cant wait for them to announce external device support... problem is you know its going to only be MS XB1 devices that will come out with the announcement ..

There is no way they dont look to make money off of something they knew was an issue from the get go.
---
PSN: Infinite_HERO79
XBL: InfiniteHER0
#59Rancid_SkankPosted 3/20/2014 7:13:32 AM
Well, this is an embarrassing thread.
---
GT: RancidSkank
PSN: Rancid_UK
#60aszsithPosted 3/20/2014 10:39:13 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
aszsith posted...

ILikesCheese posted...

aszsith posted...

Ah.

The back-pedal. I was of course referencing your main point, not the caveat buried in parenthesis. And yes, I did read that. That was why I capitalized the words RELEASE DAY.

Don't be so bold to link to an outdated news post when attempting to make a point as still fact MONTHS later. It would be like me saying Apple stock is close to $700/share NOW, and linking to a stock price from 2012.

If the word "lying" is too harsh for you, how about "deliberately misleading" ?

Again, you are placing INTENT on something that had none. I'll just repost the same response to you, since you clearly didnt read it.

Lies are spread with intent to deceive. That is FAR different from someone simply being incorrect. Saying tomatoes are vegetables is factually incorrect. Saying tomatoes cause cancer and Alzheimer's Disease is a lie. Do you see the difference?

When you brandish someone a liar, you question their integrity. The resource I lazily chose to use may not have been accurate. But that doesn't mean there was any intent to deceive.

Was I wrong? It appears so. Was I lying? No.

So, since you questioned my motives, I'll question yours. What are YOUR intentions when you ignorantly ignore the caveats post and then blatantly, irresponsibly, rudely, and ultimately incorrectly judge and label them? If you want success in life, you better learn how to better handle yourself. No one respects someone who throws out sensationalized judgments, especially when they are unfounded and inaccurate.

Respond all you like. The beauty of the IGNORE list is that I don't have to read your response.
---
---