How does Kinect do above the TV?

#1Orange_ApplesPosted 3/17/2014 3:47:56 PM
Right now I have a soundbar below the TV so that kind the recommended space of the Kinect. I've seen some above TV mounts for the Kinect 2 and was wondering if anyone here could give some insight on the performance. I'm certain the voice stuff would work fine, but I'm talking the body tracking stuff.
#2Troll_DirectoryPosted 3/17/2014 3:56:37 PM
i have mine mounted to the top of the tv, but it's still only about 5' above the floor because i like my tv to be at eye-level when we're sitting. the ksr preseason tracks really well, even when i'm on the couch, as long as the ottoman is pushed forward far enough for the camera to see my foot when i turbo boost. i'll know more in a few weeks when the full game is released. make sure to recalibrate if you do move it. and, it will even show you how much you need to change the tilt/angle in order to read the room correctly.
#3Reflex-ArcPosted 3/17/2014 4:05:16 PM
Kinect works better for me after I mounted it above the screen, especially voice.. I was able to calibrate the voice commands at a much higher volume than when it sat above my center channel speaker, and now it recognizes near every command I use at any volume.

The hand gestures seem snappier too, but I have yet to use Kinect for gaming since I redid my setup.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#4Orange_Apples(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 4:30:34 PM
So, above TV position isn't bad...

Also, Reflex-Arc, your sig is missing some sweet LEDs.
#5TrickyPonyPosted 3/17/2014 4:53:42 PM
It works great above the set. I have my Center channel below my TV, and I bought the PDP Kinect 2.0 mount pictured in the link below. It's stable, affordable ($20 but last week Amazon had it for $16.80) I bought it at the MS store for $20 at my local mall, easy to set up, harmless to the TV and comes with a little privacy slider to block off all the camera sensors if I want. It recognizes all my voice commands, signs me in automatically, recognizes my gestures, but I have not used it for gaming motions (only voice prompts in DR3).