Ground Zeroes IGN Review

#11Sza11Posted 3/18/2014 12:11:07 AM
FOXSOLID posted...
No, score it based on knowing how the game is meant to be played. Too many morons dumbing down the game over the mission length and not taking into account the many ways to approach the mission and side related quests/challenges.

The game clearly plays greatly and that should trump any stupidity over mission length.

Reviewers who understand this concept got over 10 hours of gameplay out of the game.

Clearly. Cuz you've played it?
A 2hr campaign game got a good 8/10 score. MGS fanboys like yourself should be happy with that.
#12stargazer1981Posted 3/18/2014 12:12:54 AM
... And she talks about how stealth is the correct way to play, and she got 8 hours out of the main mission by playing it with a sneaking approach... Plus she touched on how addictive the side ops are, and how she disliked the more action oriented ones because they didn't feel like traditional Metal Gear.

Did you even watch, or read, the review?
---
'We are both atheists. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.'
#13Swan3624Posted 3/18/2014 12:15:07 AM
Didn't Greg Miller actually resign from his post at IGN?
#14FOXSOLID(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 12:18:16 AM(edited)
The mission's length should not have any bearing on the overall score of the game. How much mission time were people expecting out of a PROLOGUE??

The game is PLAYGROUND and should be treated as such.

She complained like a tool about the mission length. That's enough to discredit her.
#15FOXSOLID(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 12:19:19 AM
And no she didn't get 8 hours out of the main mission...it was the entire map. Did YOU read it?
#16Tyronelio1Posted 3/18/2014 12:20:48 AM
8 hours to fully complete a demo is good though, if they priced it cheaper at say $15 I would've bought it day 1.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
"Men do not cry for themselves, but for their comrades" - Sephiroth.
#17Sza11Posted 3/18/2014 12:20:57 AM
stargazer1981 posted...
Did I wake up in some twisted version of reality, like a negative zone, where an 8/10 is considered poor quality...? Even for a $30 game? What the hell is happening here?

MGS fanboys are quite hard to please.
#18stargazer1981Posted 3/18/2014 12:23:21 AM
I know what's going on here...

You don't like her review because she's a woman, am I right? Be honest. Otherwise, I can't fathom how you can be so dense. She gave a fair, honest, relatively glowing appraisal of the game. And she at least correctly summarized the specific formula of past Metal Gear games, so she obviously played them. And she discusses the merits of simply playing in the game, looking for valuables, replaying missions, how it has REPLAYABILITY, and you can play it however you see fit.

I've been playing these damn MG games since the Kojima-hated NES days. I consider myself a huge fan of the series. I found nothing objectionable about her assessment.
---
'We are both atheists. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.'
#19Sza11Posted 3/18/2014 12:25:26 AM
FOXSOLID posted...
And no she didn't get 8 hours out of the main mission...it was the entire map. Did YOU read it?

Breathe buddy! Breathe!! It's still the same game regardless of the horrible 8 score, why do you care so much?
#20FOXSOLID(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 12:26:02 AM
stargazer1981 posted...
I know what's going on here...

You don't like her review because she's a woman, am I right? Be honest. Otherwise, I can't fathom how you can be so dense. She gave a fair, honest, relatively glowing appraisal of the game. And she at least correctly summarized the specific formula of past Metal Gear games, so she obviously played them. And she discusses the merits of simply playing in the game, looking for valuables, replaying missions, how it has REPLAYABILITY, and you can play it however you see fit.

I've been playing these damn MG games since the Kojima-hated NES days. I consider myself a huge fan of the series. I found nothing objectionable about her assessment.

Absolutely has nothing to do with her gender. It has to do with the fact that her score does not match her review. It was due to the mission length and whatever the hell an ending "not earned" means.

Gameplay should trump both of those.