Ground Zeroes IGN Review

#21cschmittyPosted 3/18/2014 12:28:05 AM
South Park: 12 hours for $60 - considered generally as a succes.

MGS: 8 hours for $30 - RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE FAILURE
#22FOXSOLID(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 12:29:28 AM
Sza11 posted...
FOXSOLID posted...
And no she didn't get 8 hours out of the main mission...it was the entire map. Did YOU read it?

Breathe buddy! Breathe!! It's still the same game regardless of the horrible 8 score, why do you care so much?

I'm not hyperventilating. I care when crap like Titanfall is hailed as some gem when the game is completely reliant on other people to enjoy. Not to mention its unoriginal as hell. Games like this get flak for an introduction mission which is what everyone knew it was gonna be from the get. Difference is, GZ is more quality than most full blown games these days.
#23Sza11Posted 3/18/2014 12:29:43 AM
FOXSOLID posted...
stargazer1981 posted...
I know what's going on here...

You don't like her review because she's a woman, am I right? Be honest. Otherwise, I can't fathom how you can be so dense. She gave a fair, honest, relatively glowing appraisal of the game. And she at least correctly summarized the specific formula of past Metal Gear games, so she obviously played them. And she discusses the merits of simply playing in the game, looking for valuables, replaying missions, how it has REPLAYABILITY, and you can play it however you see fit.

I've been playing these damn MG games since the Kojima-hated NES days. I consider myself a huge fan of the series. I found nothing objectionable about her assessment.

Absolutely has nothing to do with her gender. It has to do with the fact that her score does not match her review. It was due to the mission length and whatever the hell an ending "not earned" means.

Gameplay should trump both of those.

What was your opinion on the ending?
#24Tyronelio1Posted 3/18/2014 12:31:49 AM
FOXSOLID posted...
Sza11 posted...
FOXSOLID posted...
And no she didn't get 8 hours out of the main mission...it was the entire map. Did YOU read it?

Breathe buddy! Breathe!! It's still the same game regardless of the horrible 8 score, why do you care so much?

I'm not hyperventilating. I care when crap like Titanfall is hailed as some gem when the game is completely reliant on other people to enjoy. Not to mention its unoriginal as hell. Games like this get flak for an introduction mission which is what everyone knew it was gonna be from the get. Difference is, GZ is more quality than most full blown games these days.

The bold part is where you're terribly mistaken.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
"Men do not cry for themselves, but for their comrades" - Sephiroth.
#25Sza11Posted 3/18/2014 12:32:05 AM
FOXSOLID posted...
Sza11 posted...
FOXSOLID posted...

Seriously, why does it matter what other people enjoy? Can't you just play a game, have fun all by yourself and be happy? Grow up
#26FOXSOLID(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 12:32:14 AM
Sza11 posted...
FOXSOLID posted...
stargazer1981 posted...

You don't like her review because she's a woman, am I right? Be honest. Otherwise, I can't fathom how you can be so dense. She gave a fair, honest, relatively glowing appraisal of the game. And she at least correctly summarized the specific formula of past Metal Gear games, so she obviously played them. And she discusses the merits of simply playing in the game, looking for valuables, replaying missions, how it has REPLAYABILITY, and you can play it however you see fit.

I've been playing these damn MG games since the Kojima-hated NES days. I consider myself a huge fan of the series. I found nothing objectionable about her assessment.

Absolutely has nothing to do with her gender. It has to do with the fact that her score does not match her review. It was due to the mission length and whatever the hell an ending "not earned" means.

Don't have one as I didn't see it.
#27stargazer1981Posted 3/18/2014 12:32:17 AM
FOXSOLID posted...
stargazer1981 posted...

From a narrative perspective, an ending should be built up over the course of the story. Setups and payoffs in the conflict. If something happens that conveys itself as something that it's not, it doesn't feel justified, or earned. She did say the ending was tantamount to "shock value". There obviously wasn't a satisfying payoff.

And being such a HUGE MG fan, I would assume you understand the importance of story in these games? So of course the story will play a part in the review score. Kojima is a writer, a novelist, and a story-teller first. He became a video game developer almost by accident. The story should be counted in the final score, not just gameplay.
---
'We are both atheists. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.'
#28FOXSOLID(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 12:34:02 AM
Sza11 posted...
FOXSOLID posted...
Sza11 posted...
FOXSOLID posted...

Seriously, why does it matter what other people enjoy? Can't you just play a game, have fun all by yourself and be happy? Grow up

No I can't, it's a travesty when bad games are given too much praise. Shows how horrible people's tastes are.
#29Sza11Posted 3/18/2014 12:34:05 AM
FOXSOLID posted...
Sza11 posted...
FOXSOLID posted...
stargazer1981 posted...

Don't have one as I didn't see it.

My point exactly.
#30FOXSOLID(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 12:35:10 AM
Hell...look at journey...2 hours of NOTHING and that's a masterpiece??

HA! Hilarious.