Where is the couch coop!?

#21nothingbeastPosted 3/18/2014 7:15:38 AM
I think this is one of the saddest changes to happen in the gaming hobby.

Technology has advanced so much that I can game with people on the other side of the world with very few issues.... yet my friend sitting next to me on the couch basically doesn't exist as far as my consoles care.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#22suicide machinePosted 3/18/2014 9:21:54 AM
regsantotomas posted...

Actually have a hard time thinking of any game in recent memory on 360/PS3 that also offered this. I am sure there are some - but they are probably very rare

I didn't play the last halo, so not sure about that one... but the others were.
---
Visit M Slender's Wide World of Gorts! : http://m-slender.tumblr.com/
Xbox One clips: https://www.youtube.com/soulcoffin
#23-FryShakeWad-Posted 3/18/2014 9:26:10 AM
I was pissed at NBA2k12 not being able to do an offline coop franchise. Only quick play :(
#24charlton3kPosted 3/18/2014 9:27:56 AM
Yeh ghosts and pvz, and now peggle2.
Titanfall was meant to, but they are now adding it later as free dlc.
A big shame though, roll on more halo games, they always have it.
---
Craphex
I play every game across every platform. Everything in one place: http://raptr.com/charlton3k/about
#25CaptainKickass_Posted 3/18/2014 9:29:41 AM
MlREFOX posted...
It's on the PS4.

Towerfall comes to mind. That game looks great with some buddies.
---
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. --Terry Pratchett
#26TwinmoldPosted 3/18/2014 9:31:37 AM
Its funny, because when I was kid and we played split screen all anybody had was small tube TVs, and now that I'm an adult, and TVs are huge, there's no more split screen to enjoy on them.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#27EnclavePosted 3/18/2014 10:07:15 AM
Twinmold posted...
Its funny, because when I was kid and we played split screen all anybody had was small tube TVs, and now that I'm an adult, and TVs are huge, there's no more split screen to enjoy on them.

Hell, my TV even has an option where if you're playing split screen you can have the screens rendered on the full screen and if you're wearing the right glasses you'll only see your own screen and the other player will only see their own screen.

Best use of 3D tech yet for gaming and yet so few games allow split screen gaming :(
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#28crynryanPosted 3/18/2014 10:55:13 AM
The problem with split-screen is that the game has to render everything twice (or more depending on how many players it supports). Because of that, it might worsen the level of graphical fidelity, so developers don't allow it.

It also has some to do with game design, because you have to take into consideration how large each screen would be and how many objects or parts of the world you'd be losing out on.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#29EnclavePosted 3/18/2014 10:57:26 AM(edited)
crynryan posted...
The problem with split-screen is that the game has to render everything twice (or more depending on how many players it supports). Because of that, it might worsen the level of graphical fidelity, so developers don't allow it.

It also has some to do with game design, because you have to take into consideration how large each screen would be and how many objects or parts of the world you'd be losing out on.

Yes but many consider that a small price to pay for the experience of gaming with your friends locally. Gaming with friends over the internet is all well and good, but it's nothing like playing with them while you're in the same room.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#30crynryanPosted 3/18/2014 10:59:07 AM
Enclave posted...
crynryan posted...

Yes but many consider that a small price to pay for the experience of gaming with your friends locally. Gaming with friends over the internet is all well and good, but it's nothing like playing with them while you're in the same room.

But nowadays, it's all about the LAN play since everybody gets their own console and screen. And that way more money gets spent.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)