Snake eater was the best

I could never beat the ladder boss
---
Monicaaa
#122AngelOfTheTriadPosted 3/18/2014 2:30:28 PM
mjc0961 posted...
AxleHeadX posted...
AngelOfTheTriad posted...
Oh man, you beat the main mission, the 4 side ops, collected everything, beat the extra op, S-Ranked everything and got all the achievements in 40 minutes? You must be a natural speed runner, and one hell of a speedrunner too. OR, you didn't actually beat the game. Since beating the main story nets you only an 8% completion ratio.

100% Agree. Yes it took me just shy of 2hrs to finish the main story, but aside from the main story there is still a lot to do. I've played for a little over 4hrs today and I'm still only at about 14% completion. Calling it a demo is just silly. As far as the main story yes it's short, but there is still a lot to do in this.

Beating the game does not require 100%. Beating the game is just finishing the story and having the credits roll. If you want to spend more play time to do a 100% completitionist run, so be it, but having to play 3 or 4 times to S rank everything doesn't make up for the fact that for $30, it takes 2 hours or less to beat the game.

That's really what the video game industry boils down to today, isn't it? Story's too short, game's garbage then, right? Let's not pay attention to the other 92% of the game. How about go watch a movie instead if story concerns you so much?
---
I am offensive and I find this what
#123korinthianPosted 3/18/2014 2:35:23 PM
The mad fanboy defending in this topic is ridiculous. If the game was called action war hero, you'd be ripping it apart. Call it Metal Gear and suddenly it's worth the price. Laughable.
#124FinalDuo1886Posted 3/18/2014 2:49:18 PM(edited)
For $30 you can buy Splinter Cell: Blacklisted instead, and get your money worth.

All this proves (same with COD) is that as long as there a well known popular AAA franchise out there, regardless if the content provided is solid or even worth doing to add on those "extra hours", that any idiot going too throw there money at it for the sake of te name MGS + Kojima, because nothing can go wrong.

It so sad and funny how easy it is to make money off the gaming community. No wonder these publishers will never stop their evil practices, because these clowns that are currently defending this, keeps the money train moving!
#125Leon_HisaragiPosted 3/18/2014 2:58:34 PM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
Let me repeat myself:

If you pay full price for a Blu Ray or tickets to a movie you're a hypocrite and your tears shall go unwiped.

What is full price for a movie like $8-$20 depending where you are. Blu-ray like 15$-$20?
I highly doubt anyone is going to watch the mgs cutscenes over and over. This demo is 3-4 hours of your life FULLY EXPLORED

your analogy inst good...seeing a movie at the theater you pay for the big screen
paying for a blu-ray you can watch over and over. movies are not videogames

what percent of people watch Blu-rays more than once?
way higher than people who play games more than once

precedent has been set with videogames as what you get for the money you spend. AT RELEASE
this is not the normal.....there is room for arguement....its clearly a less bang for buck type scenario. Because we are comparing videogames to videogames .

in the end the analogy isnt a good one..apples and oranges

This. Thank you. It isn't the same thing, not in the slightest. I love when people make piss poor analogies like that; they don't even attempt to hide their bias when spouting nonsense to bolster their point.

Same thing applies to the Indie game argument, like 'Limbo', it's not the same thing. Let's at least make comparisons that fall within the same category.

And honestly, if you want the game, don't mind the length and don't care about the price, get it. Who's stopping you? But don't act like people who voice their concerns over this should just "stop complaining". There are legitimate reasons to be upset about the decision to split it into two games.
---
"Truly, for some men nothing is written unless they write it."
#126xcvsfdPosted 3/18/2014 3:05:25 PM
Funny because you're only talking about the main mission.
---
KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNN
#127city_w0kPosted 3/18/2014 3:14:36 PM
meh, I don't really see the big deal here. People are willing to pay up to 14 dollars to go to a movie theater (in most major cities) to be entertained for an hour and a half, and that's not including transportation costs or snacks. As long as I get at least 3 hours of enjoyment out of this (which I'm sure I will), then I think I'll be satisfied.

Also, I'm tired of seeing speed run times being utilized as an argument for the game being too short. It's completely moot when a game like Dark Souls can be beaten in less than 30 minutes despite its extensive amount of content. Speed runs are in no way indicative of how much time you will actually spend playing a game. If anything, a speed runner will have played a given game far more than the average person, as it takes time to master a game to that extent.
---
3DS FC: 1203-9230-0895
AC:NL Town: Matt from Memoria (Dream Address: 4900-2605-6574) | Pokemon X IGN: Matt | TSV: 1243 | Fire [Larvesta, Pansear, Fletchinder]
#128BruceWayneJrPosted 3/18/2014 3:17:42 PM
It's a money grab, pure and simple. I love MGS more than the next guy, but even I'm not that much of a sucker. If you just have to play it, you can get it for rent a few different ways. I don't need this on my shelf.
#129BruceWayneJrPosted 3/18/2014 3:18:40 PM
BruceWayneJr posted...
It's a money grab, pure and simple. I love MGS more than the next guy, but even I'm not that much of a sucker. If you just have to play it, you can get it for rent a few different ways. I don't need this on my shelf.

In fact, I suggest everyone who wants this and skipped Peace Walker to get PW instead.
#130Mr_Big_BossPosted 3/18/2014 3:19:20 PM
xcvsfd posted...
Funny because you're only talking about the main mission.

How long would you say MGS2 is?
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...