So we can all agree, MG:GZ is a joke.

#21-FryShakeWad-(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 8:58:40 AM
AceMagase posted...
I like how all the review scores were passable but the reviews all basicly said the game's a ripoff. Show's just how illegitimate the review process is for major sites. A bunch of cowards and phonies scared to lose ad revenue, they're basicly just another advertising arm for these publishers

Yeah, good thing I take reviews with a grain of salt. But you are right. They are ball-less.
#22rgwPosted 3/18/2014 8:59:05 AM
AceMagase posted...
I like how all the review scores were passable but the reviews all basicly said the game's a ripoff. Show's just how illegitimate the review process is for major sites. A bunch of cowards and phonies scared to lose ad revenue, they're basicly just another advertising arm for these publishers

It cuts all directions. Some sites rated Titanfall 10/10 like GotY type quality.
---
rgw
--
#23SorbetowulfPosted 3/18/2014 9:04:33 AM
I'm not poor, but I'm not supporting the game on the basis that spending $30 for a two-hour (conservatively, some sources say as little as a half an hour) one-off.

It's the same issue I have with Peter Jackson turning a 300 page children's book into a ten-hour movie trilogy. Whether it was Konami's decision or Kojima's, it reeks of self-indulgence, and was only released at this price point because they, like Jackson, know their core fans will pay the price, sight unseen.

It sets a dangerous precedent for content versus value. It's becoming increasingly worse in this industry and others. People point to microtransactions and DLC as culprits, and not without cause, and this reeks of it as well.

It's a little alarming when reviewers highlight a plus of MG: GZ as being "a gorgeous tech demo." Does not bode well.
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S
#24rgwPosted 3/18/2014 9:20:04 AM
It's a dangerous precedent in a world where on day one publishers are shoving season passes to the complete game down your throat? A dangerous precedent in a world where Titanfall's day one season pass is 24.99 and people are thinking it is reasonable compared to the competition?

No one ever duped people about what this game would be. They could have probably charged full price for this game and sold millions.
---
rgw
--
#25AceAndJunpeiPosted 3/18/2014 9:23:55 AM
Let me repeat myself:

If you pay full price for a Blu Ray or tickets to a movie you're a hypocrite and your tears shall go unwiped.
#26-FryShakeWad-(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 9:23:55 AM
rgw posted...
It's a dangerous precedent in a world where on day one publishers are shoving season passes to the complete game down your throat? A dangerous precedent in a world where Titanfall's day one season pass is 24.99 and people are thinking it is reasonable compared to the competition?

No one ever duped people about what this game would be. They could have probably charged full price for this game and sold millions.

Lol this guy hates Titanfall. And did I lol? Lol.
#27EternalStutterPosted 3/18/2014 9:26:11 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...
Let me repeat myself:

If you pay full price for a Blu Ray or tickets to a movie you're a hypocrite and your tears shall go unwiped.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/68770379
#28AceAndJunpeiPosted 3/18/2014 9:30:27 AM
EternalStutter posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
Let me repeat myself:

Haha, I didn't realize that was your topic, and I even posted in it!

Also, how many bought Limbo for $15 and beat it in 30 minutes with zero replay?

Tons of 360 users, that's who.
#29axelfooley2k5Posted 3/18/2014 9:40:15 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...
Let me repeat myself:

What is full price for a movie like $8-$20 depending where you are. Blu-ray like 15$-$20?
I highly doubt anyone is going to watch the mgs cutscenes over and over. This demo is 3-4 hours of your life FULLY EXPLORED

your analogy inst good...seeing a movie at the theater you pay for the big screen
paying for a blu-ray you can watch over and over. movies are not videogames

what percent of people watch Blu-rays more than once?
way higher than people who play games more than once

precedent has been set with videogames as what you get for the money you spend. AT RELEASE
this is not the normal.....there is room for arguement....its clearly a less bang for buck type scenario. Because we are comparing videogames to videogames .

in the end the analogy isnt a good one..apples and oranges
---
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJAeD1f2YnI
#30EternalStutterPosted 3/18/2014 9:41:06 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...
EternalStutter posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
Let me repeat myself:

Haha, I didn't realize that was your topic, and I even posted in it!

Also, how many bought Limbo for $15 and beat it in 30 minutes with zero replay?

Tons of 360 users, that's who.

Damn right!