We need more split screen games

#1EternalStutterPosted 3/18/2014 10:39:35 AM
Who else agrees that we've been seeing less and less two player/split screen games? I mean we went from 4 player co-op in black ops, to none in titanfall.

We need more split screen games! Not everyone plays online or likes talking to strangers
#2Ironman06Posted 3/18/2014 10:57:32 AM
It would be nice, I do enjoy having the option. I don't use it too often, but I'd pick up a game if it had the option.
---
"The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer." - Cunningham's Law
#3method115Posted 3/18/2014 11:00:36 AM
This has been an issue since last gen. I don't get what happened but it is annoying. Espicially when Gears of War and Resident Evil 5 had some of the best split screen COOP ever. RE5 was espicially fun.
---
PSN: method114
#4MRL3G3NDPosted 3/18/2014 11:05:47 AM
I hate splitting my screen...

I understand there is a small demand for it, but way too small for it to make a comeback.

lol these new machines can barely handle one screen lmao
---
TITANFALL+GOOD MUSIC
http://youtu.be/QmwqqAq0GxM
#5EternalStutter(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 11:11:32 AM
method115 posted...
This has been an issue since last gen. I don't get what happened but it is annoying. Espicially when Gears of War and Resident Evil 5 had some of the best split screen COOP ever. RE5 was espicially fun.

I will be VERY upset if the next gears doesnt have split screen. VERY UPSET
#6omega1110Posted 3/18/2014 11:25:23 AM
I await my Halo and fully expect 4 player split screen.
---
" I thought you were going to fight alone; I
said come alone...I didn't say anything about me." G.O.B.
#7EternalStutter(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 1:04:34 PM
omega1110 posted...
I await my Halo and fully expect 4 player split screen.

Cant wait
#8crynryanPosted 3/18/2014 2:32:48 PM
With people complaining about the lower resolutions and frame rate, splitscreen is probably the first thing to go in order to offer better resolutions and frame rate.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#9richboy900Posted 3/18/2014 2:56:04 PM
I'd love it if the next battlefield game was split screen, imagine how good that would be. But as MrL3g3nd mentioned, these systems aren't that powerful and battlefield is quite a demanding game. The ps4 can't run bf4 at 1080p.
#10Terry-bogardPosted 3/19/2014 3:27:52 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
I hate splitting my screen...

I understand there is a small demand for it, but way too small for it to make a comeback.

lol these new machines can barely handle one screen lmao

8 years old PC elitist is butthurt because PC games almost never do splitscreen.

The demand is actually quite high and every splitscreen game has it's shortcoming completely forgotten due to the fact that you can play real multi with a real live person.

Splitscreen can really make any player REALLy forgiving.
How many games have you played where you thought "yeah it's fun with two players , but boring solo".

Take bio hazard 6 , it's a trash game solo , but pretty fun with a real person.

Splitscreen is one of those feature that I want in every game.
---
Only kids brag about performances in a videogame. Being good at a videogame is only about spending time playing it , nothing special about it.