I hear install times are way long, this info stopping me from buying.

#51dray3214Posted 3/19/2014 7:14:47 AM
titanfall took me about 20 minutes to download. it all depends on your internet speed.
#52RagnarokxvPosted 3/19/2014 7:21:00 AM
Maybe you shouldn't get XBONE, because, if you list all of its attributes all it really is is a consolized gaming PC, but without all of the added benefits of a gaming PC. It is also more expensive than a gaming PC of equal power. It has all of the flaws and annoyances of PC gaming but without the benefits. You are completely controlled by a heavily restrictive and featureless operating system, and your usage of the machine is pending a legal agreement.

This console is a gaming PC for poor people who lack computer skills and or intelligence. The best selling games on current gen systems are also on PC, which narrows the divide between the two.

Consoles don't really exist anymore. Nintendo's 3DS and Wii-U are the closest approximation of a console that is current gen.
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??
#53XxReklawxXPosted 3/23/2014 1:41:46 PM
you can play a game while it installs?? well at least on the ps4 idk about the xbox one. but i mean it shouldnt be a big deal, at least not for you to decide whether to buy the console or not. IMO waiting to install the game just builds up the excitement for you to play the game for the first time.
#54DarkHolesPosted 3/23/2014 1:44:11 PM
Mine have all downloaded in a reasonable time.
#55chex81Posted 3/23/2014 1:53:20 PM
Well considering the games are installing 10-20gb of data it is expected to be a little long. It's not a deal breaker, 20min-1hr depending on game and size
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU: chex81
#56stargazer1981Posted 3/23/2014 1:56:00 PM
Forza took like 20 minutes for me, tops. Everything else was within 7-10 minutes (for smaller games). Not sure where people are getting hour long wait times...
---
'We are both atheists. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.'
#57Darkside_ShadowPosted 3/23/2014 2:56:37 PM
This makes no sense to me.
People can wait one or two days to have a game delivered by mail.
But they can't wait for a couple hours to install it? Wtf is going on?