If Ground Zeroes is a "demo"... What the hell is Titanfall?

#11ExempliGratiaPosted 3/18/2014 11:46:54 AM
Rancid_Skank posted...
MonicasBack posted...
This is an interesting topic, I could imagine my mom or someone else who has zero knowledge of games making it.

---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#12Joey-ZazaPosted 3/18/2014 11:47:11 AM
Well, you see a Multiplayer Game is much like a sport in that every time you play it you experience something different.

A single player game that's 2 hours long probably has about 1 or 2 ways you can beat it and that's about it.

Sure I guess you could run into the wall for a couple hours and spice up your single player experience, but that doesn't sound very fun.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#13aszsithPosted 3/18/2014 11:48:21 AM
I believe the point is that MGS:GZ is to some single-player centric gamers equivalent to what Titanfall is to a multi-player centric gamers: an experience they can enjoy. It just happens to be be less expensive at retail.

That being said, I'm skipping both for now. Titanfall has little appeal to me and MGS:GZ can wait. I have too many other things on my plate right now to play/read/do to bother spending money on a game that I probably wouldn't touch until 2 months from now. I might as well wait to buy it until I actually have the time to play it.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#14TrueBlue91(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 11:48:29 AM
Troll_Directory posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
Since replayability doesn't count and Titanfall has no core content beyond that, what is it? And why is it twice the price of Ground Zeroes?
i'm not sure the replayability compares favorably for zeroes, because the ai can be memorized to the point that your hud and indicators can be completely removed. yet, every match in titanfall is different. playing both games for hours, just doesn't mean the same thing at all. however, i agree that the hours should count for something toward the value of these two games. even if one of those games is more repetitive than the other.

Well at least you're actually bringing up a point. But to be fair the AI in Ground Zeroes is nothing like that of any previous MGS. It really is much more unpredictable and very different every time you play through.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess
#15Juzten76Posted 3/18/2014 11:49:40 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
Since replayability doesn't count and Titanfall has no core content beyond that, what is it? And why is it twice the price of Ground Zeroes?

Don't hurt yourself reaching so far.
#16EllesarienPosted 3/18/2014 11:50:35 AM
Wow...Titanfall has broken some folks I guess.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#17OkayPlayer1Posted 3/18/2014 11:50:57 AM
How much time would you need to see or experience everything in GZ? Even replaying it a few times, maybe 6-8 hours at most?

How much time would you need to see and experience everything in Titanfall? All the different maps, online campaigns, weapons, loadouts, game modes, challenges, generations etc. and combinations therein? Good luck doing it in 50 hours.

TC has some of the most insane logic I've come across.
#18ElPolloDiablo87Posted 3/18/2014 11:53:43 AM
Someone has already beat Ground Zeroes in 10 minutes. That's about the time for one single match in Titanfall. So, yeah...
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#19TrueBlue91(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 11:54:48 AM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
Someone has already beat Ground Zeroes in 10 minutes. That's about the time for one single match in Titanfall. So, yeah...

So according to Ground-Zeroes bashers, they both take the same time to beat then. lolol
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess
#20Juzten76Posted 3/18/2014 11:55:24 AM
Just stop trying to defend an overpriced 2 hour experience.