Is Titanfall a copycat of Attack on Titan?

#31ssj954vegitoPosted 3/18/2014 4:14:29 PM
The_Weeaboo posted...
Any similarities are superficial at best.

This is kind of like that time people claimed Xenogears ripped off Evangelion.

Edit: Also, if they were in fact drawing inspiration from Japanese media, why would Zampella go out of his way to label "mech" a dirty word?

It all makes sense now, they didn't want us to know where the inspiration came from, why else would they freak out so rampantly against a simple, very commonly used word?
---
Proud to be EPic.
You ever notice that everything in the universe spins?
#32krystylaPosted 3/18/2014 4:25:09 PM(edited)
ssj954vegito posted...
The_Weeaboo posted...
Any similarities are superficial at best.

This is kind of like that time people claimed Xenogears ripped off Evangelion.

Edit: Also, if they were in fact drawing inspiration from Japanese media, why would Zampella go out of his way to label "mech" a dirty word?

It all makes sense now, they didn't want us to know where the inspiration came from, why else would they freak out so rampantly against a simple, very commonly used word?

A word that has nothing to do with Shingeki no Kyojin?

Jx1010 posted...
Not_Shippy posted...
I like both, but just no... There's nothing similar except for the name Titan and the parkour...

lol u havent even watch Attack on Titan, it shows in ur answer

I read Shingeko no Kyojin from the day they started translating it which was long before the anime aired, Titanfall has been in production for years and it doesn't feel like a rip off. I mean all they do in Shingeki no Kyojin is talk after the first 20 chapters and there's next to no talking in Titanfall. The titans are on a whole different scale and the 3D dimensional movement is more Spiderman like in SnK.

Honestly Shingeki no Kyojin lost me around chapter 30 and I am still stunned how it could become such a fad. I heard the Anime is a lot better than the manga but I also heard Shingeki no Kyojin is one of the most popular manga still ongoing. (no manga beats Hajime Ippos 1000+ chapters though)
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#33Nice_RobbyPosted 3/18/2014 4:22:44 PM
Fan of both.

And they are not a rip off of each other.
---
Xbox Live Sn: Nice Robby
PSN Sn: Nice_Robby
#34ssj954vegitoPosted 3/18/2014 4:34:49 PM(edited)
krystyla posted...

Mech = Japan which produced: Attack on Titan, where people have teased at as using "flesh mechs" named Titans which = Mechs that Titans in Titanfall are.

It's perfect logic.

Grow a sense of humor

krystyla posted...
Honestly Shingeki no Kyojin lost me around chapter 30 and I am still stunned how it could become such a fad. I heard the Anime is a lot better than the manga but I also heard Shingeki no Kyojin is one of the most popular manga still ongoing.

It's not all hot soldier on Titan action, after the whole business with the female, it gets a lot more plot heavy, which is actually very interesting if you like that stuff [which I do] but pick it back up, some big reveals happen soon.
---
Proud to be EPic.
You ever notice that everything in the universe spins?
#35ssj954vegitoPosted 3/18/2014 4:29:42 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#36krystylaPosted 3/18/2014 4:33:28 PM
ssj954vegito posted...
krystyla posted...

Mech = Japan which produced: Attack on Titan, where people have teased at as using "flesh mechs" named Titans which = Mechs that Titans in Titanfall are.

It's perfect logic.

Grow a sense of humor

There's a bunch of humans who can become Titans that way but the general term still applies to rather mindless giant distorted humanoids.

I only have mean humour...
---
#37Rainy_David1Posted 3/18/2014 4:33:37 PM
Aarkshark posted...
Yeah.
Titanfall copied AoT's huge amounts of unwarranted popularity for a generic, bland and by-the-numbers product.

(Hehehe.)

Giant deformed humans trying to destroy humanity by eating everyone being fought by flying cable ninjas is super generic.

Seen in the shows Attack On Titan....and....uhhhh.......bland and generic!
#38krystylaPosted 3/18/2014 4:34:40 PM
Rainy_David1 posted...
Aarkshark posted...
Yeah.
Titanfall copied AoT's huge amounts of unwarranted popularity for a generic, bland and by-the-numbers product.

(Hehehe.)

Giant deformed humans trying to destroy humanity by eating everyone being fought by flying cable ninjas is super generic.

Seen in the shows Attack On Titan....and....uhhhh.......bland and generic!

You can say much about SnK but it sure as hell isn't your run of the mill shonen.
---
#39KabtheMentatPosted 3/18/2014 4:36:50 PM
Attack On Titan is for weebs. Titanfall isn't.

Therefore Titanfall is better.

END OF DISCUSSION
---
Yeeaah...Somebody must've killed Darryl. Cuz that's what the guy had said.
#40CaptainKickass_Posted 3/18/2014 5:01:32 PM
elmars369 posted...
YumeOMiru posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
elmars369 posted...
Well pre-production of Titanfall started in 2011, the anime started airing in 2012.

/topic

So much fail........

2009, manga released. Anime came after.
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=47446

TC did say "watch the anime" not "read the manga".

Goes to show you didn't even look at the article or link.
---
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. --Terry Pratchett