Is Titanfall a copycat of Attack on Titan?

#41md22mdrxPosted 3/18/2014 6:28:38 PM
I hate Titanfall with a white hot passion ....

But I'd be the first to tell you it has no connection whatsoever to "Attack on Titan" outside having "titan" in the title. Janky mechs do not have anything to do with an organic based "titan". Janky mechs don't roam around eating people. Janky mechs are just that ... janky mechs.
#42AarksharkPosted 3/18/2014 6:31:34 PM
Rainy_David1 posted...
Giant deformed humans trying to destroy humanity by eating everyone being fought by flying cable ninjas is super generic.

Seen in the shows Attack On Titan....and....uhhhh.......bland and generic!

...You're joking, right?

Giants vs Humans is Old As Dirt, literally.
Jack and the Beanstalk? (Bonus points for the giant eating people)
David and Goliath?
Hell, didn't Hercules fight a Cyclopes at some point in his mythos?

"Threat to All Humanity"... no discussion needed...

And EXTREME ACROBATIC BATTLES are about as Shonen as it gets.
---
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
My FUNK is all that of JUSTICE! I will be the first to grab the napkin, you will be as docile as the winter catfish!
#43Robin_MaskPosted 3/18/2014 6:37:20 PM
Aarkshark posted...
Rainy_David1 posted...
Giant deformed humans trying to destroy humanity by eating everyone being fought by flying cable ninjas is super generic.

Seen in the shows Attack On Titan....and....uhhhh.......bland and generic!

...You're joking, right?

Jack and the Beanstalk? (Bonus points for the giant eating people)
David and Goliath?
Hell, didn't Hercules fight a Cyclopes at some point in his mythos?

"Threat to All Humanity"... no discussion needed...

And EXTREME ACROBATIC BATTLES are about as Shonen as it gets.

God of War has the Gods and Kratos taking on gigantic Titans at different times. Disney Hercules took on gigantic Titans. Not sure if the Titans in actual Greek mythology are giants either.
---
Please help support! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#44chedibang1994Posted 3/18/2014 6:38:29 PM
Tc made a joke topic there's no way in hell eating humans and shooting humans have anything in common also I don't see pilots transforming thanks it was a good laugh well until he started pulling up articles oh stop tc I'm gonna have a heart attack before 21!!!
---
I Still watch Angry Video Game Nerd in pajamas
#45ssj954vegitoPosted 3/18/2014 7:09:59 PM
Aarkshark posted...

When you put it that way, nearly every single genre of storyline in media today is "old as dirt" at it's very core. But there is also a surprising amount of Man vs Man/The System, and if the manga is going where it's going, it's blurring the lines between the two.

And acrobatic battle = Shonen? Do you know what Shonen is? Stuff aimed at younger kids-mid teens, not a fighting style. You also seem to be using the word "acrobatic" wrong.
---
Proud to be EPic.
You ever notice that everything in the universe spins?
#46AarksharkPosted 3/18/2014 7:18:30 PM
ssj954vegito posted...
And acrobatic battle = Shonen? Do you know what Shonen is? Stuff aimed at younger kids-mid teens, not a fighting style. You also seem to be using the word "acrobatic" wrong.

Shonen as in Shonen Jump.
As in Bleach/Naruto/One Piece/WhateverIDon'tEvenKnowWhat'sInShonenJump

ssj954vegito posted...
there is also a surprising amount of Man vs Man/The System

That's not even the same thing as Man vs Giants.
Man vs Man is a... what, an archetype?
Man vs Man, Man vs Wild, Man vs Self... etc.

Man vs Giant is more like Man vs Aliens, Man vs Zombies, etc.

ssj954vegito posted...
When you put it that way, nearly every single genre of storyline in media today is "old as dirt" at it's very core.

That's hardly "at the core" of AoT. The very core would be "generic anime stuff happens in generic anime situations", which is pointlessly vague.

I simplified it.
Like calling Phantom Blood "Man vs Vampire, but man beats the vampires by punching them with the sun. Also, men posing."
---
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
My FUNK is all that of JUSTICE! I will be the first to grab the napkin, you will be as docile as the winter catfish!
#47looselinkPosted 3/18/2014 7:24:44 PM
elmars369 posted...
Well pre-production of Titanfall started in 2011, the anime started airing in 2012.

The manga started in 2009.
---
Yukimura Sanada
#48ssj954vegitoPosted 3/18/2014 7:27:08 PM
Aarkshark posted...

That's not even the same thing as Man vs Giants.
Man vs Man is a... what, an archetype?

It's a type of conflict, the one I was looking for was Man vs Society, whoops.

Aarkshark posted...
That's hardly "at the core" of AoT

By that I meant the basic underlying conflicts of a story.
---
Proud to be EPic.
You ever notice that everything in the universe spins?
#49Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 7:29:30 PM
Some of u are overlooking the whole situation and focusing on small details all over the place.

Attack on Titan = armies with the ability to access/jump from roof to roof instead of average soldiers who are stuck strictly on ground.

Titanfall = armies with the ability to access/jump from roof to roof instead of average soldiers who are stuck on the ground.

Titans on both = giants beings at the service of humans or enemies
#50BobberdongPosted 3/18/2014 7:31:54 PM
Jx1010 posted...
Some of u are overlooking the whole situation and focusing on small details all over the place.

Attack on Titan = armies with the ability to access/jump from roof to roof instead of average soldiers who are stuck strictly on ground.

Titanfall = armies with the ability to access/jump from roof to roof instead of average soldiers who are stuck on the ground.

Titans on both = giants beings at the service of humans or enemies

Still not the same.
---
Any man who's afraid of hiring the best ability he can find, is a cheat who's in a business where he doesn't belong.- Atlas Shrugged