Road rash
Bomberman arcade game $15
Legacy of kain
Alundra
---
XboX Tag = XAztec WarriorX
STEAM = Pelon213
#12SADMZPosted 3/19/2014 12:36:54 AM
If I were to think a game is good enough to be remade, then that game is probably fine the way it is. If I wanted a remake of such a game, that's almost an admission that the game wasn't good the way it was. Having said that, I think there's some value in remaking a game, PROVIDED the initial game's concept was heavily limited by what the hardware of that game's time could accommodate.

Chrono Trigger? Final Fantasy VII?

Why remake these?

These games still PLAY as good as they would if they were remade. If these games were remade, what you'd get is a mere graphical update. Yeah, there'd probably be a few tweeks to the gameplay, but it's not like Square-Enix'd ever release a Final Fantasy VII remake with Final Fantasy XIII's battle system. They get a f***ing ASS-ton of death threats sent to them for f***ing YEARS if they did that.

So why remake these games? That's silly. They're fine the way the are. There's NO way these games could possibly be remade without having a major fan s***storm if the gameplay were remade too, and if the story was changed, it'd be a f***ing RIOT.

For example, Zelda to this day works in 2D, and there are NEW Zelda games being released in a 2D format that still receive high praise, rightly so. So remaking something like "A Link to the Past" is pointless and it'd only piss people off.

Final Fantasy VII? Yeah... update that story, Square-Enix. I f***ing DARE you.

And so, there are two games that could use a REAL remake, and that's Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.

Tell me, how many critically successful Metal Gear games have been released in 2D since Metal Gear Solid?

None, really.

That's because Metal Gear is better off in 3D, and on a platform capable of delivering a cinematic story. Unlike something like Chrono Trigger that's remake would only be limited to a simple graphical update, a remake of Metal Gear 1&2 would be a COMPLETE and well deserved remake that'd almost be like purchasing a brand new game.

Sure, these games still play well enough, and there'd more than likely be a group of vocal minority purist that'd loudly decry these remakes, but that's a given. In the end, anyone'd be hard pressed to say these games wouldn't greatly benefit from being remade.

That's what I think, anyway.
#13dnmtPosted 3/19/2014 1:44:09 AM
Not exactly a remake but I'd love to see HD versions of Persona 3 and Persona 4 with the extra content from the PSP/Vita versions added in.
#14oldhbk76Posted 3/19/2014 2:19:01 AM
A recent game I want on xb1 is splinter cell black list, as for an older game phantom dust and psychonaughts
---
gamer tag SteelWolf76: Wii U ID: steelwolf76 PSN:steelwolv76
#15Shadow_ZujedPosted 3/19/2014 3:06:22 AM
Phantom Dust
Skies of Arcadia Legends

And someone else mentioned Chromehounds. I forgot how much I loved that freaking game. At the time was the only game cable of pulling my friends and me away from Oblivion.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.14
#16richboy900Posted 3/19/2014 3:17:33 AM
Timesplitters 2 and future perfect
Project Gotham racing 2
Need for speed hot pursuit 2 (ps2)
007 Nightfire
Midtown madness 3
#17alexismynamexxPosted 3/19/2014 3:42:50 AM
cory1225 posted...
Time splitters 2 and future perfect, I love the old army men games with the green and tan soldiers would love a remake or reboot on them also.

Omg the army man Games, I think we were the only people in the world that bought them but they were so much fun lol...
#18SILENTGHOSTS96(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 5:35:39 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Your probably my favourite poster across all boards, always asking questions and never trying to start an argument.

But if say kotor 1 and 2 and the first 3 crash games.

Why thank you alot of people hate me on these boards.Glad some people dont
---
GT is SiL3NT E3G1e
#19SILENTGHOSTS96(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 5:38:35 AM
abbeldydoo posted...
I would actually like to see a proper Rambo myself.Set from First Blood where you are surviving the wilderness and trapping/running from the cops.Kind of a survival horror type game except not so much horror as action..maybe survival action.

Yes thank you someone agrees with me
---
GT is SiL3NT E3G1e
#20MurryEB_Alt1Posted 3/19/2014 6:20:34 AM
Kotor 1 and 2 more than anything, except have kotor 2 FINISHED this time, the game is so much better with the missing files restored on PC
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite sig on the Citadel