RUMOR: Call of duty switching to PS4 as lead platform

#61twinstarnumber1Posted 3/18/2014 9:33:45 PM
Mandrew257 posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...
And with that, suddenly, annual installment FPS games are suddenly the best thing to ever happen to gaming ever.

This. Something tells me that if Titanfall was exclusive to the PS4, they'd be praising it to no end lol.

and you guys would claim it wasn't a big deal, or you had no interest in it. See how this goes? How many people on this board claim Sony exclusives are overrated and suck? Lots of people like COD, lots. Reason is they either really enjoy the series or their friends are all on it so they want to play with their friends. Some people don't like COD, either because they just don't like it or because it's popular and it makes them feel hip and cool for not liking it.

Regardless, it sells, a better version of a game that sells is a good thing for a console, if you're interested in it or not. More people buying more games on a console = more consoles sold =ore games put out on that console = everyone with that console wins.
---
XBL Gamertag: mydarkstar --- PSN: mydarkstar
#62MyLordGodPosted 3/19/2014 4:15:09 AM
chickenlard posted...
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/18/call-of-dutys-lead-platform-switching-to-ps4-digital-game-sales-higher-than-xbox-ones-according-to-insider/

Another devastating blow to the Xbox line if true.

This is just for the call of duty franchise correct?
Xb1 will still be the lead platform for Activision's other games right?(ex. Destiny)
#63universaldavePosted 3/19/2014 4:29:07 AM
On the Sony board everyone claims to be a fan of single player games and they're all much happier to have Infamous instead of Titanfall. Doesn't this mean that Xbox One, even being less powerful, still might be the lead platform for multiplayer games? Everyone was used to playing multiplayer over xbox live on the 360 so will that really change?
---
Fanboys (of all stripes) are sad, pathetic, souls. You know who you are.
#64StrongBlackVinePosted 3/19/2014 4:31:27 AM
universaldave posted...
On the Sony board everyone claims to be a fan of single player games and they're all much happier to have Infamous instead of Titanfall. Doesn't this mean that Xbox One, even being less powerful, still might be the lead platform for multiplayer games? Everyone was used to playing multiplayer over xbox live on the 360 so will that really change?

I like co-op MP games like Destiny, Borderlands and The Division. Destiny is going to be HUGE for the PlayStation brand. It will do what COD did for the 360 regardless of being multiplat.
#65dnmtPosted 3/19/2014 4:31:54 AM
MyLordGod posted...
chickenlard posted...
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/18/call-of-dutys-lead-platform-switching-to-ps4-digital-game-sales-higher-than-xbox-ones-according-to-insider/

Xb1 will still be the lead platform for Activision's other games right?(ex. Destiny)

No, Destiny also has the PS4 version as its lead + exclusive content just for that version.
#66wake_me_420Posted 3/19/2014 4:34:17 AM
StrongBlackVine posted...
universaldave posted...

I like co-op MP games like Destiny, Borderlands and The Division. Destiny is going to be HUGE for the PlayStation brand. It will do what COD did for the 360 regardless of being multiplat.

Can I get the winning lotto numbers, Nostradmus?
---
Check out this sweet box fort I made. Dare I say, 'World's Greatest' :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo57wauuvA
#67dnmtPosted 3/19/2014 4:36:00 AM
wake_me_420 posted...
StrongBlackVine posted...
universaldave posted...

Can I get the winning lotto numbers, Nostradmus?

It's a solid assumption based on several factors that I'm sure you are already aware of.
#68Jptremblay13Posted 3/19/2014 4:44:27 AM
Can CoD be even more watered down?
#69StrongBlackVinePosted 3/19/2014 4:52:04 AM
Jptremblay13 posted...
Can CoD be even more watered down?

LOL Ghosts has more content than Titanfall.
#70JohnWall32Posted 3/19/2014 4:56:48 AM
MyLordGod posted...
chickenlard posted...

PS4/PS3 gets the Destiny beta first and exclusive DLC...which might just be timed DLC...no word on that yet.
---
Board User Level: Legend