The human eye is incapable of reliably distinguishing any detail finer than 720p

#91MRL3G3NDPosted 3/19/2014 7:20:52 AM
lmao at the lengths these fanboys will go smh...I can tell the difference right immediately... so I guess I'm super human

I skip movies just so I can see them on 1080p Blu-ray

smh topic is epic fail
---
TITANFALL+GOOD MUSIC
http://youtu.be/QmwqqAq0GxM
#92AvirosbPosted 3/19/2014 7:31:58 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
lmao at the lengths these fanboys will go smh...I can tell the difference right immediately... so I guess I'm super human

smh topic is epic fail
Just like your acronyms.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#93WildsparkPosted 3/19/2014 7:33:18 AM
Lmao good one.
---
I'm peeing on my face too. On the inside- Jack Black
#94BigBOO2UPosted 3/19/2014 7:36:08 AM
skermac posted...
The human eye is incapable of reliably distinguishing any detail finer than 720p

Do all Xbox fans ride the short bus?
---
Duck Dynasty - The epicenter of ignorance and hate in America. And bad grooming habits.
#95BigBOO2UPosted 3/19/2014 7:37:59 AM
BigBOO2U posted...
skermac posted...

Do all Xbox fans ride the short bus?

It would explain a lot of the posts on this board.
---
Duck Dynasty - The epicenter of ignorance and hate in America. And bad grooming habits.
#96skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 7:39:05 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...

smh topic is epic fail

Like the engineers said, if you sit back 10 ft from a 50" or bigger screen you can tell the difference, other wise you cant, but some think they can and will argue that the electronics designers/engineers are wrong. smh I assume your tv is bigger than 50"?
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#97wake_me_420Posted 3/19/2014 7:51:50 AM
skermac posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...

smh topic is epic fail

Like the engineers said, if you sit back 10 ft from a 50" or bigger screen you can tell the difference, other wise you cant, but some think they can and will argue that the electronics designers/engineers are wrong. smh I assume your tv is bigger than 50"?

Is it common for gamers to sit like 15,20 feet away from their tv. Everyone I know sits relatively close. Heck, as a kid we all sat inches from the tv.
---
Check out this sweet box fort I made. Dare I say, 'World's Greatest' :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo57wauuvA
#98VolebamusPosted 3/19/2014 7:52:04 AM
skermac posted...

I'm basically late to the party, but it's the fact that you made your topic title not mention screen size and distance in the first place. Without reading past the topic title and the first sentence of your post, it does sound pretty trolly, and people likely jumped to assumptions. Especially since it's even more unlikely for them to read past the first dozen or so posts to jump at you.

That and people familiar with resolutions higher than 720p are likely viewing them at closer distances than recommended. This is especially true with people who have 1080p computer monitors, or the many I've read who use their large TVs from 5-7 feet away. This is substantiated by another source that argues a similar argument like yours, which has a calculator that confirms 7 feet as the distance where 50" 1080p starts to be completely noticable against a same sized 720p:
http://carltonbale.com/1080p-does-matter/
---
(( It is of my own Volition to act as I have. ))
#99mokmuudPosted 3/19/2014 7:57:30 AM(edited)
A higher pixel density allows the image be more crisp and smooth. A lower pixel density is going to look worse. How noticeable is irrelevant. Better is better and worse is worse. The thing is even with higher resolution a game can still be terrible or have terrible visuals. Same goes with a game with lower resolution being a better game and looking better.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#100skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 8:35:44 AM
wake_me_420 posted...
skermac posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...

smh topic is epic fail

Is it common for gamers to sit like 15,20 feet away from their tv. Everyone I know sits relatively close. Heck, as a kid we all sat inches from the tv.

I have a 32" and sit about 6ft away. I didn't know about the screen size until just now. So if I ever get a 50" or bigger I will have to adjust my living room to sit back more than 10ft, but I don't think I will ever want a tv more than 42", unless I get a bigger house. I like sitting as close to the tv as possible for the experience.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive