Is Sonys PS4 loosing ground to Xbox One?

#31game freakozoidPosted 3/18/2014 9:44:49 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
JohnWall32 posted...
X1 had it's best month since release and PS4 still outsold it 2-1 world wide...define "losing ground."

The thing about "world wide" is that there's no money in it. There's a reason MS focuses on the Western market the way it does, because there's actual money being made here.

Put it this way, there are actually more PS3s in people's homes than 360s, yet there are 100,000,000 more 360 games out there than PS3 games. More consoles =/= doing better, more games = doing better.

This is the big reason why the PS4 ended up the way it did. Sony took engineering of it away from it's Japanese people and gave it to Americans. And Sony has pivoted towards the US vs. Japan this new console gen. It remains to be seen if it'll ultimately pay off and they can dethrone MS has the king of the Western console market, but they at least understand it.

Eh, none of that is really true. It sounds pretty yeah, but it isn't really true. NA is the biggest market as it has the most people interested in console gaming. That doesn't mean though that there is no money in other markets. Hell, if there wasn't money then the companies wouldn't sell there. That alone proves that the other markets are worth the investment, just NA is the most bang for your buck with Europe trailing second.

And the reason that there are more 360 games sold then PS3 games is actually because multiplats fared better on the 360 due to them almost always being the definitive version whereas the PS3 would get a port. It has nothing to do with the western market and more to do with which one does their audience want to buy.

And Sony did not move development away from Japan audiences. They just developed their console paying closer attention to overall market trends. A good example of how they focused on their Japanese audience is the Vita crossplay feature where you can stream your PS4 games from your PS4 to a Vita. That feature is great for the Japanese who really care about handhelds now.

Lastly, Microsoft is not the king of the western market, especially if you consider the western market to include Europe. The only place the 360 performed better in was America and that's only one generation. The generation before the Xbox was spanked by the PS2 even in America. Americans don't have the kind of loyalty to their countries companies that the Japanese have and thus there's no king. Hell, even the PS4's lead over Xbox One in America should show you that.
#32The_Pope_MobilePosted 3/18/2014 10:45:32 PM
Only because ps4s continually sell out or else they'd be even further ahead.
---
http://vimeo.com/10270367 Epic new covenant vehicle
#33godslayer61Posted 3/18/2014 10:52:46 PM
No there are tons of pre orders every were still and places that are first come first serve like bestbuy can never keep them in for more than a day when they get them ,
---
psn-kish1975 ---- (360, xbox one)-godslayer1975---3ds=name, kish1975-FC-5386-9140-2291 ---http://www.twitch.tv/kish1975
#34Cowboy082288Posted 3/18/2014 10:54:28 PM
The_Pope_Mobile posted...

If they actually continually sell out then their production at this point must suck. Apple was able to meat much higher demand on the iPad. But meh I know your full of crap because well I can find PS4s in my area quite easily.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#35RebelGameMasterPosted 3/18/2014 11:14:47 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...

If they actually continually sell out then their production at this point must suck. Apple was able to meat much higher demand on the iPad. But meh I know your full of crap because well I can find PS4s in my area quite easily.

Loosing and now meat!?

I'm starting to find some disturbing similarities between the xbots.
---
This dispute is an abuse of the dispute form. Any further abuse of the form will result in loss of posting privileges or your account.
#36CaIiber345Posted 3/18/2014 11:47:08 PM
"loosing"
---
twitch.tv/caliber345
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Mercenary Kings, Destiny
#37Goregasm17Posted 3/18/2014 11:51:27 PM
loose
#38Miiri0Posted 3/18/2014 11:56:06 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
PS4s are being sold as fast as they're being released
Xbox one first day editions are still being sold.
#39twinstarnumber1Posted 3/19/2014 3:46:50 AM
Cowboy082288 posted...

you do realize that your area doesn't represent the entire world right? I just saw my first ps4 last week for sale in a store since I picked mine up on Black Friday, and that's frequenting Best Buys, targets, and walmarts. Just one, and it was gone the next day. Meanwhile the Xbox display case has been bursting at the seams on a regular basis most places I go to, just the other day there was 8 including titan fall bundles at the WalMart near where I live, no ps4's.

personal experience doesn't mean anything. Everyone has a different story to tell.
---
XBL Gamertag: mydarkstar --- PSN: mydarkstar
#40TauriLeaderPosted 3/19/2014 4:21:49 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]