I don't get why people say "Indies matter now" to ID@Xbox in a way to troll.

#1zerooo0Posted 3/18/2014 7:46:42 PM
It's as if people have forgotten about the flawed thinking of overgeneralizing a certain crowd of people is not a good way to "fight for your brand". I'm not going to say that their was none of the silly "Indiestation" claims, but they can't say that we all thought that indies never mattered.

I don't know maybe they are just defensive or something. I think that Indies are great personally, and would welcome any that comes our way, as long as if they have a quality attached to them. It gets under my skin when people overgeneralize us, and say "I guess Indies matter now" as they have always mattered to any side. Now some had minor reasoning, while still foolish, to call the PS4 an "Indiestation" as it was mostly indie games when it released which isn't bad in a way. That's where the meat of the argument is for the warriors that tried to attack it based on that's all the PS4 had or the mindset that it's all it had to offer uniquely at release. Personally I couldn't care less what each console have to offers indie, arcade, or retail games as long as they're fun. It just annoys me when really any group is overgeneralized into a certain category that saying a majority of Xbox fans hated on the PS4 for the abundance of indie games.

Just remember that any games for each consoles matters no matter the category they are as long as if they're fun to the beholder of the game.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#2aszsithPosted 3/18/2014 8:04:43 PM
For months the XBots have been telling the Ponies that the PS4 has no games worth playing that aren't also on the XBOne. The Ponies then respond with talking about the larger indie games community on PS4 at this point. The XBots then dismiss those as crappy indie games.

But, with the new announcement, the XBots are all jazzed about the indie titles they have been so quick to dismiss thus far. The Ponies are in turn giving the "indies matter now" response.

This is why fanboyism is stupid. It produces nothing but grief.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#3AarksharkPosted 3/18/2014 8:29:38 PM
aszsith posted...
This is why fanboyism is great. It produces nothing but humor.

---
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
My FUNK is all that of JUSTICE! I will be the first to grab the napkin, you will be as docile as the winter catfish!
#4scoobydoobydontPosted 3/18/2014 11:51:36 PM
I still think indies don't count. 25 games, and only the Hydro Thunder wannabe is worth a second of my time. You could make a drinking game out of the whopping three genres represented. "Hey hey, they said retro, drink! Hey, it's 2D sidescrolling, drink!" What a waste of time, it's like seeing your child's finger painting on display at the mall because the art teacher wants the kids to feel good. Gold star just for trying.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#5loafy013Posted 3/18/2014 11:54:32 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
I still think indies don't count. 25 games, and only the Hydro Thunder wannabe is worth a second of my time. You could make a drinking game out of the whopping three genres represented. "Hey hey, they said retro, drink! Hey, it's 2D sidescrolling, drink!" What a waste of time, it's like seeing your child's finger painting on display at the mall because the art teacher wants the kids to feel good. Gold star just for trying.

Now you know how I feel when I see yet another FPS or sports title being announced. 2D sidescrollers are my thing so I find that exciting.
---
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.
#6aszsithPosted 3/19/2014 12:28:10 AM

Well since you think they don't count, guess they should just abandon the whole thing.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#7DarthUchiha91Posted 3/19/2014 12:34:51 AM
aszsith posted...
For months the XBots have been telling the Ponies that the PS4 has no games worth playing that aren't also on the XBOne. The Ponies then respond with talking about the larger indie games community on PS4 at this point. The XBots then dismiss those as crappy indie games.

But, with the new announcement, the XBots are all jazzed about the indie titles they have been so quick to dismiss thus far. The Ponies are in turn giving the "indies matter now" response.

This is why fanboyism is stupid. It produces nothing but grief.

First time in a while that I've seen a second post of a thread that wasn't a troll/stupid/fanboy post.
---
Proof that M$ is slowly bringing back DRM for the XBone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CfNarCjSHM
#8lunaticcorePosted 3/19/2014 12:42:09 AM
Isn't this pretty much a straw man argument anyways? I mean you can't say that the same people who hated indies are now supporting them. Show me the proof. show me the idiots that changed their tunes. Xbox fans have more than one opinion on the matter. There isn't some collective talking point generator somewhere leading the way. This isn't some political party trying to stay on the same page. It is just people enjoying games. Some hate indie games, clearly many don't. Proof is in the Minecraft sales.

One of my favorite things about Xbox 360 from the start was the smaller downloadable games. I was certainly part of the outspoken group that demanded more XBLA games till they were basically weekly. Many of my favorite Ps3 games were also the smaller downloadable games.
#9TheGam3925Posted 3/19/2014 1:05:10 AM

I totally agree.

*Continues playing the super original Titanfall*
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#10InterzoneMantraPosted 3/19/2014 1:32:14 AM

Games are games imo. I won't dismiss game because it's indie. Hell there are some indie games that i've enjoyed more than some AAA games.