I seriously don't understand why the PS4 is so much popular than XBoxOne

#151Grim JackalPosted 3/19/2014 11:13:02 AM
Do people still not get that some of the functionality of the XBox One doesn't work outside of the U.S.? Why are we paying for features that don't work to their full potential?
---
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
#152justchill433Posted 3/19/2014 11:21:56 AM(edited)
When has a Microsoft system ever sold more than a Sony system? Before you say the Xbox 360, the PS3 outsold the 360 every year if you compare their yearly sales (ie the PS3's first year vs the Xbox 360's first year) and overall at the end of the gen. The only reason the 360 sold as well as it did was the year head start.

As for why the PS4 is more popular: cheaper price (biggest factor), Sony has a much larger fanbase, Microsoft has a ton of crappy practices (most were reversed after E3 but the hate is still there) like Forza being an unfinished game, Microsoft requires Xbox Live Gold for free services like Netflix (also the reason FFXIV won't come to the Xbox One), Microsoft refuses to allow cross-platform online play, and the PS4 is a more gaming-oriented system.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#153TrickyPonyPosted 3/19/2014 11:21:12 AM
justchill433 posted...
When has a Microsoft system ever sold more than a Sony system? Before you say the Xbox 360, the PS3 outsold the 360 every year if you compare their yearly sales (ie the PS3's first year vs the Xbox 360's first year) and overall at the end of the gen. The only reason the 360 sold as well as it did was the year head start.

As for why the PS4 is more popular: cheaper price (biggest factor), Sony has a much larger fanbase, Microsoft has a ton of crappy practices (most were reversed after E3 but the hate is still there) like Forza being an unfinished game, Microsoft requires Xbox Live Gold for free services like Netflix (also the reason FFXIV won't come to the Xbox One), Microsoft refuses to allow cross-platform online play, and the PS3 is a more gaming-oriented system.

I think the 360 was much more of a game oriented system. I know way too many people who bought a PS3 because it was a great BR player for the time.
#154ALostGrenadePosted 3/19/2014 11:22:54 AM
It's cheaper, more powerful, and doesn't have a Kinect. These are the reasons everyone I know gets a PS4, nobody wants to pay extra for something they don't want, the Kinect.
---
Steam/Origin: Daeoc
FFXIV: Athelias Stratus on Midgardsormr, XBL GT: A Lost Grenade
#155justchill433Posted 3/19/2014 11:23:44 AM
TrickyPony posted...
justchill433 posted...

As for why the PS4 is more popular: cheaper price (biggest factor), Sony has a much larger fanbase, Microsoft has a ton of crappy practices (most were reversed after E3 but the hate is still there) like Forza being an unfinished game, Microsoft requires Xbox Live Gold for free services like Netflix (also the reason FFXIV won't come to the Xbox One), Microsoft refuses to allow cross-platform online play, and the PS3 is a more gaming-oriented system.

I think the 360 was much more of a game oriented system. I know way too many people who bought a PS3 because it was a great BR player for the time.

I meant the PS4. Not saying the Xbox One won't be a great gaming system, but you can tell from how the OS was built and how Microsoft has advertised it that it's a multimedia machine.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#156TeraPatrick2008Posted 3/19/2014 11:27:09 AM
"I seriously don't understand why the PS4 is so much popular than XBoxOne"

I seriously think there is something VERY wrong with you if don't know the reason(s)!
#157agentmantoPosted 3/19/2014 11:29:21 AM
Better hard ware for the PS4 if you look at it the xbox one is more like a 360 1.5 but hey the Xbox one lets you watch TV on your TV! and when you team up with EA Xbox then well no one will like you!!!! i got a ps4 wii u and titan fall for PC hell with you MS and i loved the 360!!!!!
#158BrettmgPosted 3/19/2014 11:52:46 AM
1. PS4 is cheaper
2. PS4 has higher specs
3. Sony didn't try to screw over their fans by saying fk you, too bad to everyone who didn't have internet.
---
My 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6458-3714
#159EstilPosted 3/19/2014 12:23:17 PM
Outside of Halo (where is their Halo game BTW) it offers nothing really special that's not also on the PS4. Sure the WiiU is the big underdog this gen but at least you know the Nintendo consoles will always have their key blue chip exclusives that have ZERO chance of being on any other console. Sort of like how you might have a X1 game that starts out an exclusive but then gets ported over to the PS4...or vice versa.
---
"Why a numeric keypad!? This is a video game controller, not a phone!!"
--Angry Video Game Nerd regarding the Intellivision controller
#160MrImpatient35Posted 3/19/2014 12:30:41 PM
I'm sure that somebody said this already, with so many responses, but if no one has, I'll say it...I think it also has to do with the rampant hatred and rage from "gamers" against MS. Without knowing any better, people join that rage...I think they call it a mob mentality? They don't know why they hate MS, but they just do. Anybody remember that video last year, of the guy questioning gamers on which console they'll get? Remember the kid who said PS4, but couldn't answer why? My point exactly.
---
FML