I seriously don't understand why the PS4 is so much popular than XBoxOne

#161ShadowNinja87Posted 3/19/2014 12:39:36 PM
Honestly the X1 is simply too much at 500 when the competition PS4 is the better pure gaming machine and 100 cheaper, and online service is 10 bucks less and doesn't have netflix and other apps behind a paywall, and offers free games each month.

X1 is for casuals or people that really want TV integration and motion controls, or really dig Halo, Gears of War, Forza, and Fable. MS doesn't have strong first party support exclusive wise and though they have started out strong, they will probably fizzle out this gen like the 360 and abandon exclusives.
#162setablazebyyouPosted 3/19/2014 12:54:58 PM
ripvision posted...
Jx1010 posted...
But ur username mr.......

Mormon, just spelled differently.

Zing!

I lol'd
#163lovbbwsPosted 3/19/2014 12:58:01 PM
many many reasons, but the number 1 reason to me i can sum it up in 2 words mandatory kinect
#164Cobra1010Posted 3/19/2014 1:14:23 PM
VeonVoid posted...
1. Xbox One DRM Debacle

Many gamers who primarily gamed on Xbox 360 felt that Microsoft had betrayed consumer trust by attempting force 24 hour DRM and what they can do with their purchased physical games which is normally available under the First Sale Doctrine. Not all previous 360 gamers forgave Microsoft and bought an Xbox One.

2. The PS4 is $100 Cheaper than the Xbox One

3. The PS4's hardware graphics is superior to the Xbox One. Multiplatform console games tend to run at higher resolution and or higher framerate on the PS4.

4. "Why am I paying an extra $100 more for inferior hardware, graphics, and multiplats?"

Some consumers are smart/savy enough to realize this.

5. "The PS4 is always selling out or being back ordered like the Iphone 5S, so it must be the better gaming console!"

The Power of Scarcity can sometimes drive up demand for a product. This may or may not contribute PS4s outselling Xbox Ones.

6. To use any of the the Xbox One's other features other than playing the game, you need an Xbox Live Gold account. You only need PS+ to play PS4 multiplayer online games. PS+ also gets you monthly games for your PS4, PS3, and Vita. Even if you don't want to to play multiplayer games online for the PS4, you can still use your PS4 to stream the single player games to Twitch, use Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Red Box, ect. without PS+.

This.

I was pretty mad when I found out that they wanted to make us pay to play a game borrowed from a friend. Then you have to have your xbox connected and check in once every twenty four hours even if it's a single player game.

Play station didn't have any of this. Plus at console reveals, I forgot which event, but Xbox spent around two thirds of their time demonstrating the voice commands and tv. Xbox watch tv, xbox go home blah blah blah. They got it the wrong way round by putting the games at the back. Then the price wasn't attractive either.

When play station revealed their price the audience clapped and cheered pretty hard compared to Xbox one
---
GG Riot
http://i.imgur.com/Hs8Y1vQ.png
#165OdttPosted 3/19/2014 1:18:24 PM
The PS4 is cheaper and more powerful. The Xbox One certainly has more multimedia features, but it just feels redundant because I don't want to pay more money for a weaker system that does what my TV and phone already do.

Saying that the only reason people buy a PS4 is because of its price is not so valid because the PS3 also came on top last gen. It won late, but it's still a victory. The PS3 had stronger hardware, but it was harder to work with, which is why multiplats performed better on the 360 until later in the gen. Last gen, one could justify paying more for a PS3 because in the long run, developers would become more familiar with the system and games on the PS3 would perform better (it was also a BR player). The PS4 is more powerful than the Xbox One, so it is not possible for the Xbox to catch up like the PS3 did. Xbox One games may perform better in the future compared to games on it now, but PS4 games will always be a step ahead, so it's a moot point.

"Real gamers don't care about 1080p and 60fps!". Whether a game is in 1080p and/or 60fps will never be a deciding factor for me, but I don't see why I'd have to settle for a game's weaker version when I can consistently get a better experience for 100 dollars less.

"But..but Killzone!" Killzone isn't on the Xbox One so it's pointless to criticize how a game performs when there is no comparison for it. This would only be a valid argument if the game also came out for the Xbox One.

"If you truly care about graphics, get a PC!" Again, a dumb argument. We are comparing two systems that are in a similar price range. It's obvious that a PC performs better than these two consoles, but I've yet to find a PC in the 400-500 dollar range that performs better than a PS4.

Xbox Live is certainly an amazing service, but whoever says that PS+ is inferior has't played online games on a Playstation in a while (it's also 10 dollars cheaper). The free games with PS+ are also a great deal, and apps like Netflix and games like FFXIV ARR can be accessed without paying for PS+, which are little things I appreciate because stacking online fees leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

The only valid argument you could ever make is about exclusives, and that's entirely subjective.
#166AxleHeadXPosted 3/19/2014 1:24:50 PM
If you saw E3 last year, you'd know why. Microsoft was the laughing stock of the gaming industry at E3. It also doesn't help that the first few months of games have been lower resolution than that of PS4. Simply put, PS4 is more powerful and as much as fanboys like to cry otherwise even developers have openly voiced that the PS4 is more powerful and easier to work with. Thankfully the Xbox One can be tuned a bit through firmware updates. If Microsoft wouldn't have pushed out DRM and banning Used Game sales (and then immediatley reverting them) the Xbox One would easily be the best selling console. The simple fact that Microsoft was considering making such a restricted console means they still might. This is why so many have justified jumping ship to PS4.
#167MrAwesome312Posted 3/19/2014 1:27:25 PM
cgoodbread24 posted...
MasterMoron posted...
MasterSword546 posted...
Because the PS4 is dedicated game system, which is what people want out of a console, where as the Xbone is not.

That's stupid though. Why would someone want a system that just plays games, when they can buy a system that does a whole bunch of other stuff?

Because people have been playing ONLY games since the Atari so over 30 years. Your comment has now become invalid. Plus they are called Video game systems. If you want to watch tv quit being a lazy ass turn it to tv. If you want to surf the internet use a computer or your cell phone.

ITP: PS reassurance to the max.
---
3DS FC: 1934-0688-0329
#168Cobra1010Posted 3/19/2014 1:57:41 PM
What I don't understand is how Microsoft with all that money, they couldn't even employ decent people to do their pr right at the conventions.

They also obviously didn't do their marketing right thinking that they could just implement this severe drm into their system and people would be okay with it.
---
GG Riot
http://i.imgur.com/Hs8Y1vQ.png
#169ascendedcobraPosted 3/19/2014 2:02:06 PM
I just started playing the ps4 this week. I have played the mgs demo so we all know how that is. I played two levels of warframe and so far that is ok. It is free but so far not a great game and has mid level last gen graphics. I played a little of this zombie shooter game that's free and it seemed pretty cool. Its like an xbox arcade game. I played the reso gun game and that is a very cool game. Looks real good, cool effects, really unique and a lot of fun. I haven't tried killzone yet. Overall though nothing touches ryse, even and definitely nothing comes close to forza and dead rising 3 or titanfall. I expect that will change for me as soon as I get my grubby little hands on infamous.
But yeah so far the ps4 has got nothing on the one. The one has the best games and UI. The one has the best controller(even though the ps4s has the cool speaker). The one is the system to own right now.
#170SaQu1BPosted 3/19/2014 2:02:51 PM
Microsoft will make more games 1080 according to Gamespot article.. Not to mention future capability to use cloud processing.