I seriously don't understand why the PS4 is so much popular than XBoxOne

#191Jedi454Posted 3/19/2014 8:52:46 PM
josh924 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Gamers are the biggest hypocrites (Omg wah wah ps3 is so expensive, it has weaker multi plats, omg boo hoo. i kan see one extra blade of grass on da xbox360 verizon. OH PRAISE MICROSOFT!) 7 years later (omg I can't believe M$ are selling their weaker console for 100 moar and bundlin' it wif da spy box, OH PRAISE SONY!)

This. Also, remember the old PS3 slogan "It only does everything!" ? Now it seems like Sony may as well have changed their PS4 slogan to be "It only does gaming!", and somehow (in the eyes of Sony fanboys), that's better than the Xbox One's approach of doing basically everything.

Absolutely, I'm sick of people justifying their choice and forcing it onto other people.
---
No one should buy MGSV: Ground Zeroes, don't support Konami and their greedy ways.
#192OdttPosted 3/20/2014 2:41:19 AM
zinsindetta posted...
Odtt posted...
zinsindetta posted...
Odtt posted...
Why do so many of you guys use the word "poor" to insult someone? You don't always choose to have less money.

Oh ok is the new word financially challenged? Is poor becoming the new word that offends and hurts people feelings? I know real people that are friends that cant drop 500 bucks on a new console because of life, kids and whatever. 400 is a stretch but a more realistic one. Sony knew they had to price under Xbox One, it was a very smart move.

The point of my post completely flew by you, didn't it? Using "poor', "financially challenged" or any other variation of the word as a way to insult someone is just completely ignorant and groundless.

No, you are what you are. Either you are upper class, middle class or lower class. Lower class would be poor or financially challenged. Stop being a baby, these are terms. I bet you are the type that thinks every kid that plays softball deserves a trophy too huh. Oh I do not have enough money to buy a Xbox One but anyone else that says it to me is insulting me, wahhhhhhhhhhh.

Where are you assuming all these things from? Can you not understand that is not my point at all? Let me rephrase things for you: making fun or insulting someone just for being poor is ignorant. I am not saying that there are not different socioeconomic classes, but making fun of someone for being lower class is just uneducated and moronic because being poor isn't something you choose to be.I am not saying that I am offended by it, but it's an ignorant and uncreative way to insult someone.

And no, I do not like participation trophies :)
#193dnmtPosted 3/20/2014 2:55:32 AM
Odtt posted...
zinsindetta posted...
Odtt posted...
zinsindetta posted...
Odtt posted...
Why do so many of you guys use the word "poor" to insult someone? You don't always choose to have less money.

Oh ok is the new word financially challenged? Is poor becoming the new word that offends and hurts people feelings? I know real people that are friends that cant drop 500 bucks on a new console because of life, kids and whatever. 400 is a stretch but a more realistic one. Sony knew they had to price under Xbox One, it was a very smart move.

The point of my post completely flew by you, didn't it? Using "poor', "financially challenged" or any other variation of the word as a way to insult someone is just completely ignorant and groundless.

No, you are what you are. Either you are upper class, middle class or lower class. Lower class would be poor or financially challenged. Stop being a baby, these are terms. I bet you are the type that thinks every kid that plays softball deserves a trophy too huh. Oh I do not have enough money to buy a Xbox One but anyone else that says it to me is insulting me, wahhhhhhhhhhh.

Where are you assuming all these things from? Can you not understand that is not my point at all? Let me rephrase things for you: making fun or insulting someone just for being poor is ignorant. I am not saying that there are not different socioeconomic classes, but making fun of someone for being lower class is just uneducated and moronic because being poor isn't something you choose to be.I am not saying that I am offended by it, but it's an ignorant and uncreative way to insult someone.

Maybe he's from India. That caste system is a hell of a thing.
#194OdttPosted 3/20/2014 3:01:12 AM
josh924 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Gamers are the biggest hypocrites (Omg wah wah ps3 is so expensive, it has weaker multi plats, omg boo hoo. i kan see one extra blade of grass on da xbox360 verizon. OH PRAISE MICROSOFT!) 7 years later (omg I can't believe M$ are selling their weaker console for 100 moar and bundlin' it wif da spy box, OH PRAISE SONY!)

This. Also, remember the old PS3 slogan "It only does everything!" ? Now it seems like Sony may as well have changed their PS4 slogan to be "It only does gaming!", and somehow (in the eyes of Sony fanboys), that's better than the Xbox One's approach of doing basically everything.

That's subjective because having multimedia features that your TV and phone likely have doesn't appeal to everyone. It's not like the PS3 and 4 are devoid of Netflix, youtube, and other multimedia apps. Is it as well rounded in these areas as the Xbox One? Definitely not, not by a longshot, but I speak for a lot of people when I say that when I buy a game console, my first priority is how it plays games, anything else is just an extra (this is also subjective, but it is a fact that the PS4 is more powerful).

Also, just preferring something does not make you a fanboy. It seems that whenever someone makes an educated argument, they're quickly branded as fanboys in order to lower their credibility (this goes for both sides). Again, buying a multimedia system that's weaker and 100 dollars more expensive that its stronger competitor is off-putting for many people.

PS3 multiplats were worse at first because it was hard to work with, but it still had more power than the 360. You could justify paying for a more expensive console because it was more powerful.You could see this by playing PS3 exclusives or multiplatforms late in the gen. The Xbox One has weaker multiplats and will remain having weaker multiplats because it is weaker than the PS4.
#195zinsindettaPosted 3/20/2014 3:01:47 AM
Odtt posted...
zinsindetta posted...
Odtt posted...
zinsindetta posted...
Odtt posted...

Oh my goodness what a baby. Tampa Florida their is no shame if you to poor to buy a 500 dollar system. You trying to be the moral police is ridiculous but I guess when you do not have much human interaction you presume people are insulted by that word. Real world not so much if you know a person.

Look at what Apex alt dnmt just said. That is insulting to India. You gonna disapline too?
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#196Ryan-06Posted 3/20/2014 3:02:12 AM
tc is Master Miller!
---
chart: http://ow.ly/uuJ6g
chocolate: http://ow.ly/t0gvj, http://ow.ly/t0g1Y
#197Jedi454Posted 3/20/2014 4:34:13 AM
Odtt posted...
josh924 posted...
Jedi454 posted...

That's subjective because having multimedia features that your TV and phone likely have doesn't appeal to everyone. It's not like the PS3 and 4 are devoid of Netflix, youtube, and other multimedia apps. Is it as well rounded in these areas as the Xbox One? Definitely not, not by a longshot, but I speak for a lot of people when I say that when I buy a game console, my first priority is how it plays games, anything else is just an extra (this is also subjective, but it is a fact that the PS4 is more powerful).

Also, just preferring something does not make you a fanboy. It seems that whenever someone makes an educated argument, they're quickly branded as fanboys in order to lower their credibility (this goes for both sides). Again, buying a multimedia system that's weaker and 100 dollars more expensive that its stronger competitor is off-putting for many people.

PS3 multiplats were worse at first because it was hard to work with, but it still had more power than the 360. You could justify paying for a more expensive console because it was more powerful.You could see this by playing PS3 exclusives or multiplatforms late in the gen. The Xbox One has weaker multiplats and will remain having weaker multiplats because it is weaker than the PS4.

I think Halo 4 and Forza 4 looks damn good if you ask me, Sony probably had less than a handful of shining exclusives that utilised the hardware. You can't use the excuse that it is more powerful, but has weaker multiplats so you'll pay 200 more for Ps3, then turn around and say the Xbox One is less powerful and has weaker multiplats, but won't buy it because it is more expensive. That's called being a hypocrite and a fanboy.
---
No one should buy MGSV: Ground Zeroes, don't support Konami and their greedy ways.
#198OdttPosted 3/20/2014 4:53:22 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Odtt posted...
josh924 posted...
Jedi454 posted...

I think Halo 4 and Forza 4 looks damn good if you ask me, Sony probably had less than a handful of shining exclusives that utilised the hardware. You can't use the excuse that it is more powerful, but has weaker multiplats so you'll pay 200 more for Ps3, then turn around and say the Xbox One is less powerful and has weaker multiplats, but won't buy it because it is more expensive. That's called being a hypocrite and a fanboy.

Not all PS3 multiplats were worse. Multiplats that were made on the PS3 like FFXIII and then ported to the 360 were better on the PS3. Late gen multiplats also looked better on the PS3. Paying more for the PS3 meant getting a more powerful console and exclusives that showed the PS3's power, and some multiplats that performed better on it once developers learned how to work with its cumbersome system. Paying more for the Xbox One means you're getting a weaker system with multiplats guaranteed to perform worse on it across its entire lifespan due to the PS4's superior hardware and easiness to design games for. So no, it is not hypocritical at all.
#199Jedi454Posted 3/20/2014 5:08:08 AM
Odtt posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Odtt posted...
josh924 posted...
Jedi454 posted...

Not all PS3 multiplats were worse. Multiplats that were made on the PS3 like FFXIII and then ported to the 360 were better on the PS3. Late gen multiplats also looked better on the PS3. Paying more for the PS3 meant getting a more powerful console and exclusives that showed the PS3's power, and some multiplats that performed better on it once developers learned how to work with its cumbersome system. Paying more for the Xbox One means you're getting a weaker system with multiplats guaranteed to perform worse on it across its entire lifespan due to the PS4's superior hardware and easiness to design games for. So no, it is not hypocritical at all.

"Late gen multiplats also looked better on Ps3." Can you provide a list of examples? This is also a very subjective thing to say because people can't easily distinguish graphical difference between the Ps3 and 360 with multiplats, plus it was completely obvious that earlier in the Ps3's and 360's life cycle that the Ps3 had weaker multiplats and it also apparent that the Xbox One has weaker plats than Ps4, which we all know. I think this a pretty hypocritical and controversial topic, no one is right or wrong.
---
#200OdttPosted 3/20/2014 5:39:53 AM(edited)
It's not hyporcritical because one can justify spending more on a PS3 because while multiplats were weaker at first, it had exclusives that looked better and there was hope that devs would figure out how to make games for it that utilized all its power. The downside was that the PS3 was very cumbersome to develop for, and the 360 was the opposite. I am not picking a side here, as a very good argument can be made as to why make a console more powerful if it's so much harder to develop for. Again, the PS4 is more powerful and easier to develop for. It would only be hypocritical if the PS3 had consistently inferior multiplats as well as being weaker than the 360.

As for your question:

-Bioshock for PS3

-Brink

-Final Fantasy XIII

-Final Fantasy XIII-2

-LA Noire

I'm not sure if there are more, but these are the ones I'm 100% sure of that were much better on the PS3. Many others, especially late gen, played just as well on both consoles. You also have to take into account that many 3rd party multiplatforms were designed using the 360, which was weaker, and when ported to the PS3, they were left as-is and the PS3' hardware was not used to its full potential. Now that multiplatforms are being designed using the system with the better hardware, it is easier to distinguish the differences like we have been noticing.

An argument can also be made around the fact that Sony does not drop support to its last gen system within less than a year of a new system coming out. It's nice to know that there are still games coming out exclusively for the PS3 in 2015 being the earliest release date year that I'm looking forward to. I sadly cannot say the same for the 360.