I seriously don't understand why the PS4 is so much popular than XBoxOne

#201vgsrulePosted 3/20/2014 7:57:18 AM
Gamers are the biggest hypocrites (Omg wah wah ps3 is so expensive, it has weaker multi plats, omg boo hoo. i kan see one extra blade of grass on da xbox360 verizon. OH PRAISE MICROSOFT!) 7 years later (omg I can't believe M$ are selling their weaker console for 100 moar and bundlin' it wif da spy box, OH PRAISE SONY!)

Your example here makes perfect sense, you know.

The PS3 is more expensive, but the stronger system, and so people choose the price to complain about. The One is more expensive AND weaker, so pick choose to criticize both. Isn't that logical?

I think it's funny that you apparently find it hypocritical for someone to not be a fanboy, and to change their mind based on circumstances.

Yeah, a lot of people switched from 360 to PS4. That's because they think the PS4 is a better system, and don't give a damn about brand loyalty.
---
http://backloggery.com/khff123
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/A_Metal_Pipe
#202vgsrulePosted 3/20/2014 8:07:15 AM

Oh my goodness what a baby. Tampa Florida their is no shame if you to poor to buy a 500 dollar system. You trying to be the moral police is ridiculous but I guess when you do not have much human interaction you presume people are insulted by that word. Real world not so much if you know a person.

I think what this guy is trying to say is that he meant no insult using the word poor, rather that he meant it matter-of-factly. A large portion of video game fans are probably not well-off, so a cheaper system is more beneficial to them.

That's called being a hypocrite and a fanboy.

...No, it's not. Your preceding statement...

ou can't use the excuse that it is more powerful, but has weaker multiplats so you'll pay 200 more for Ps3, then turn around and say the Xbox One is less powerful and has weaker multiplats, but won't buy it because it is more expensive.

Makes perfect sense.

Some people bought the PS3 because it was more powerful, and they thought that was worth the extra price. It was weaker for the moment, but that was due to other limitations, which would eventually be worked out.

The One is weaker, so it will ALWAYS be weaker. Outside of something completely screwing up on the PS4, the PS4 will always have the stronger multi-plats in the long run.

I find you to be the fanboy for apparently thinking people should never change the way they look at things, rather take brand first and foremost, and that you think everyone thinks that way.

Most people are NOT trying to find ways to criticize the competition. They make decisions based on preference. How can you be hypocritical on preference?
---
#203chex81Posted 3/20/2014 8:09:04 AM
vgsrule posted...

Yeah, a lot of people switched from 360 to PS4. That's because they think the PS4 is a better system, and don't give a damn about brand loyalty.

360 was the cheaper console...now Ps4 is the cheaper console...hhhmmmm....it will be funny when the PS Camera is considered an almost necessary accessory for one of their AAA exclusive games and forces the owners to purchase it separately (or packages with the game). You're right, a lot of us dont care about brand loyalty (including me)...but exclusives do matter.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU: chex81
#204vgsrulePosted 3/20/2014 8:28:01 AM
360 was the cheaper console...now Ps4 is the cheaper console...hhhmmmm

Yeah, that's possibly a strong element of it.

it will be funny when the PS Camera is considered an almost necessary accessory for one of their AAA exclusive games and forces the owners to purchase it separately (or packages with the game)

I honestly don't see that happening for anything besides shovelware.

but exclusives do matter.

They do.

But when there's no strong exclusives (in someone's opinion), it comes down to the other factors being discussed.
---
#205chex81Posted 3/20/2014 8:31:51 AM
vgsrule posted...

it will be funny when the PS Camera is considered an almost necessary accessory for one of their AAA exclusive games and forces the owners to purchase it separately (or packages with the game)

I honestly don't see that happening for anything besides shovelware.

I would have agreed with this...until the announcement of VR headset. I've got a strong feeling Sony will push more VR/Motion exclusive content this gen than last gen. Me, i dont care for any game that would use Kinect/Camera...but it seems both MS/Sony believe otherwise.MS didn't bundle the Kinect with X1 to unnecessarily boost console prices, maybe theres more behind the development side of things we're not truly aware of as consumers. All hypothetical obviously.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU: chex81
#206MasterMoron(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2014 4:21:34 PM
ThePaleRiderp posted...
MasterMoron posted...
ThePaleRiderp posted...
Okay serious question If you have things like Netflix Hulu plus etc why do you need cable? Honestly ever since I got Netflix I've dropped cable. That's one reason I won't have an X1 for at least another year.

You can't get HBO shows without a cable subscription.

Is that really worth a cable bill to you plus the HBO subscription fee. And you can download the episodes or get hbo go.

You can't get HBO Go without a cable subscription. And hell yeah, it's worth it. Game of Thrones is probably the best show on TV right now.
#207ThePaleRiderpPosted 3/20/2014 5:25:47 PM
MasterMoron posted...
ThePaleRiderp posted...
MasterMoron posted...
ThePaleRiderp posted...
Okay serious question If you have things like Netflix Hulu plus etc why do you need cable? Honestly ever since I got Netflix I've dropped cable. That's one reason I won't have an X1 for at least another year.

You can't get HBO shows without a cable subscription.

Is that really worth a cable bill to you plus the HBO subscription fee. And you can download the episodes or get hbo go.

You can't get HBO Go without a cable subscription. And hell yeah, it's worth it. Game of Thrones is probably the best show on TV right now.

I love game of thrones as well. I re-watched all three seasons to prep for season four but that one show is not worth a cable bill in my eyes. The most I personally watch on TV is the news, walking dead, Legend of Korra, True Blood, and Game Of Thrones. Majority of cable and subscription based network can be found on the internet. Some shows even stream the new episodes as they air on the internet. I understand a lot of people may not feel that way but in the next 10 years or so (maybe more maybe less) cable will be non existisent. As I said before I also wouldn't be surprised if console gaming left after this generation. Just my 2 cents. YOU KNOW NOTHING JON SNOW!
---
Why was Oedipus against profanity? Because he kisses his mother with that mouth.