How can they come out with Metal Gear Solid 5 when we haven't gotten 4 yet?

#1MasterMoronPosted 3/18/2014 8:03:33 PM
How can they come out with Metal Gear Solid 5 on Xbox One when they still haven't come out with Metal Gear Solid 4 on Xbox 360? Don't you need to play 4 to understand 5?
#2aheroafakePosted 3/18/2014 8:04:47 PM
*head asplodes*
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#3lostkiwiPosted 3/18/2014 8:23:20 PM
In answer to the question if you need to play 4 to understand 5, well the game releases aren't in order of the Metal Gear Solid timeline. MGS4 actually takes place after MSG5.

But if you've never played the MGS games then it would go a long way to look up on a wiki to understand who the characters are. But in saying that a lot of it will be nonsensical - To say that the Metal Gear Solid Storylines are convoluted is putting it lightly.
---
Find out about PC vs PS4 vs Xbox One vs Wii U games here:
http://rustygamer.wordpress.com/
#4KabtheMentatPosted 3/18/2014 8:25:57 PM
Even if you play the games in order they still don't make sense. Kojima is a notoriously bad storyteller and writer. So I wouldn't even worry about it. I think the only other series that's as convoluted and has its head up its own ass as much as MGS is probably the Kingdom Hearts series.
---
Yeeaah...Somebody must've killed Darryl. Cuz that's what the guy had said.
#5Jedi454Posted 3/18/2014 8:27:40 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
Even if you play the games in order they still don't make sense. Kojima is a notoriously bad storyteller and writer. So I wouldn't even worry about it. I think the only other series that's as convoluted and has its head up its own ass as much as MGS is probably the Kingdom Hearts series.

I lol'd at the notorously bad storyteller and writer part. Sounds like his head has been in the clouds for years.
---
No one should buy MGSV: Ground Zeroes, don't support Konami and their greedy ways.
#6aheroafakePosted 3/18/2014 8:27:56 PM
In all honesty, you don't even need to have played 4. Just go online and look up the story on the internet. It will explain it.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#7FourManSevenPosted 3/18/2014 8:31:57 PM(edited)
The story goes like this,
Metal Gear Solid 3 > Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (+) > Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes > Notable 9 year gap > Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain > Metal Gear > Metal Gear 2 > Metal Gear Solid > Metal Gear Solid 2 > Metal Gear Solid 4 > Metal Gear Rising.

You do not need MGS4 to enjoy MGS5.
#8Reece504Posted 3/18/2014 8:30:46 PM
lostkiwi posted...
In answer to the question if you need to play 4 to understand 5, well the game releases aren't in order of the Metal Gear Solid timeline. MGS4 actually takes place after MSG5.

But if you've never played the MGS games then it would go a long way to look up on a wiki to understand who the characters are. But in saying that a lot of it will be nonsensical - To say that the Metal Gear Solid Storylines are convoluted is putting it lightly.

Some correct me if I'm wrong but is the order
Mgs3
Peacewalker
Mgs 5 gz
Mgs 5 phantom pain
Mgs 1
Mgs2
Mgs4

Also how many freaking snakes are there?

Solidus snake
Solid snake
Liquid snake
Big boss snake
Naked snake

That's all the ones I remember

I hate that I played the games all out of order I want to play them all over again in correct order
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#9KabtheMentatPosted 3/18/2014 8:32:33 PM
Jedi454 posted...
KabtheMentat posted...

I lol'd at the notorously bad storyteller and writer part. Sounds like his head has been in the clouds for years.

It's more like they're just making **** up as they go along without and real consequence to what it means to previous games. What they should've done is have an entire story outlined, and fill the details with stuff based on developing the game. Something like Mass Effect where the entire story arc was mostly preplanned and make sense when played chronologically.

Kojima and crew are like: MOAR ROBUTTS! RAIDEN NOT COOL ENOUGH!? MAKE HIM A ROBOT NINJA WITH LIGHTING POWERS NOW! HEY WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH PLOTS TWISTS HERE, YOU KNOW THERE'S A MINIMUM OF 5 PLOT TWISTS PER HOUR OF GAMEPLAY!!!!"
---
Yeeaah...Somebody must've killed Darryl. Cuz that's what the guy had said.
#10Jx1010Posted 3/18/2014 8:35:53 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
Jedi454 posted...
KabtheMentat posted...

It's more like they're just making **** up as they go along without and real consequence to what it means to previous games. What they should've done is have an entire story outlined, and fill the details with stuff based on developing the game. Something like Mass Effect where the entire story arc was mostly preplanned and make sense when played chronologically.

Kojima and crew are like: MOAR ROBUTTS! RAIDEN NOT COOL ENOUGH!? MAKE HIM A ROBOT NINJA WITH LIGHTING POWERS NOW! HEY WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH PLOTS TWISTS HERE, YOU KNOW THERE'S A MINIMUM OF 5 PLOT TWISTS PER HOUR OF GAMEPLAY!!!!"

They did make the whole story years ago, the games are just bringing parts of the
story to life. Full story is only available on ps3.