question for anyone who had to send in their console because of disc read errors

#1donate123Posted 3/18/2014 9:02:47 PM
So i put in titanfall for the second time since i got it and i get the disc read error message so i take it out and put in dead rising 3 which ive had since launch date and the same thing happend but anyways on to the question how long does it usually take to get your replacement console? Also i heard you could choose to keep your console and they will ship you a new one then you ship yours to them when you get the replacement how does that work exactly and is it recommended?
#2donate123(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 10:12:13 PM
Bump this isnt a troll topic
#3DeadLock25Posted 3/18/2014 10:27:26 PM
Wouldnt these questions be better suited for MS support since you are going to call them anyway to get a replacement?
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pkmn Y IGN: Pasha || TSV: 2535 ||Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#4Millertime660Posted 3/18/2014 10:33:08 PM
DeadLock25 posted...
Wouldnt these questions be better suited for MS support since you are going to call them anyway to get a replacement?
#5iParadigmPosted 3/18/2014 10:47:52 PM
Millertime660 posted...
DeadLock25 posted...

---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#6donate123(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 10:58:03 PM
DeadLock25 posted...

Or you could just stop being dicks and answer my question god forbid you help a fellow gamer but i guess this is gamefaqs after all
#7Millertime660Posted 3/18/2014 11:09:40 PM
I wasnt trying to be a dick at all.... I just dont know the answer, so figured MS support would be your best chance for a solid answer.
#8DeadLock25Posted 3/18/2014 11:11:00 PM
donate123 posted...
DeadLock25 posted...

Or you could just stop being d**** and answer my question god forbid you help a fellow gamer but i guess this is gamefaqs after all

Nobody is being a d*** to you. We didnt insult you or anything of that sort. I just asked why you dont ask someone who is guaranteed to know the details instead of coming to GFaqs. You are going to call them anyway, whether or not you get your answer here. Why take the extra time and effort to ask a question here when you can easily have asked it when calling MS support?

Shipping times depend on your shipping method and distance from their warehouse. As for the second method, they send you a console, place a $500 dollar hold on your account, and wait for you to send them back your old one. It takes a few days to get your new console, assuming you live in the US. All of this information is more or less common knowledge or common sense, so I assume you knew all of the above. The more intricate details are likely not going to be provided to you here as the majority of people did not experience any problems with their console.

Also, not censoring yourself is likely to get your message marked and moderated....
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pkmn Y IGN: Pasha || TSV: 2535 ||Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#9donate123(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 11:33:30 PM
DeadLock25 posted...
donate123 posted...
DeadLock25 posted...

Or you could just stop being d**** and answer my question god forbid you help a fellow gamer but i guess this is gamefaqs after all

Nobody is being a d*** to you. We didnt insult you or anything of that sort. I just asked why you dont ask someone who is guaranteed to know the details instead of coming to GFaqs. You are going to call them anyway, whether or not you get your answer here. Why take the extra time and effort to ask a question here when you can easily have asked it when calling MS support?

Shipping times depend on your shipping method and distance from their warehouse. As for the second method, they send you a console, place a $500 dollar hold on your account, and wait for you to send them back your old one. It takes a few days to get your new console, assuming you live in the US. All of this information is more or less common knowledge or common sense, so I assume you knew all of the above. The more intricate details are likely not going to be provided to you here as the majority of people did not experience any problems with their console.

Also, not censoring yourself is likely to get your message marked and moderated....

Thanks for explaining the keeping your console method and as for censoring myself ive been suspended for less than that so it would make the mods actually do their jobs if someone wants to be a tool and mark me
#10Cowboy082288Posted 3/18/2014 11:38:28 PM
gameFAQS != customer support.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni