question for anyone who had to send in their console because of disc read errors

#11aszsithPosted 3/19/2014 12:44:40 AM
donate123 posted...
DeadLock25 posted...
Wouldnt these questions be better suited for MS support since you are going to call them anyway to get a replacement?

Or you could just stop being d**** and answer my question god forbid you help a fellow gamer but i guess this is gamefaqs after all

People DID answer your question with the best possible advice. They told you to call support.

If you want to order a pizza, do you call you buddy and ask them if you should, what to get, how much it would cost, and how long it would take to get to you? Of course not. Because the correct course of action is to call the pizza place and ask them.

You chide them for not helping you. I chide you for not helping yourself. They wouldn't have had a need to advise you to do the intelligent thing if you had just done the intelligent thing in the first place.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#12donate123(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 1:25:41 AM
aszsith posted...
donate123 posted...
DeadLock25 posted...
Wouldnt these questions be better suited for MS support since you are going to call them anyway to get a replacement?

Or you could just stop being d**** and answer my question god forbid you help a fellow gamer but i guess this is gamefaqs after all

People DID answer your question with the best possible advice. They told you to call support.

If you want to order a pizza, do you call you buddy and ask them if you should, what to get, how much it would cost, and how long it would take to get to you? Of course not. Because the correct course of action is to call the pizza place and ask them.

You chide them for not helping you. I chide you for not helping yourself. They wouldn't have had a need to advise you to do the intelligent thing if you had just done the intelligent thing in the first place.

The reason i asked if anyone had experience with the whole them holding $500 thing is because i know how microsoft can be when you give them your credit card number so i didnt want to get screwed over i had a very valid reason to ask before i went through with it
#13Millertime660Posted 3/19/2014 1:28:41 AM
donate123 posted...
aszsith posted...
donate123 posted...
DeadLock25 posted...

The reason i asked if anyone had experience with the whole them holding $500 thing is because i know how microsoft can be when you give them your credit card number so i didnt want to get screwed over i had a very valid reason to ask before i went through with it

What kind of stuff has Microsoft been doing with peoples CC numbers that is screwing them over?
#14donate123(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 1:42:57 AM
Millertime660 posted...
donate123 posted...
aszsith posted...
donate123 posted...
DeadLock25 posted...

What kind of stuff has Microsoft been doing with peoples CC numbers that is screwing them over?

Ive heard they automatically charge your account when your gold membership expired even if auto renewal was turn off
#15hamchunkPosted 3/21/2014 12:06:42 PM
My disc drive was DOA but I did the quick exchange program and it was pretty painless. They did put a $500 hold on my credit card until they received my broken xbox but I was never charged a dime. They even gave me a free game download to boot, I picked Ryse but there were several options so be sure to ask if they're still doing that offer. It took about 3 days to get my new xbox after it shipped, it was around a week total time from when I put in my replacement request.
---
Over the top!
Live: Hamchunk PSN: Hamchunk 81
#16donate123(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2014 8:52:58 PM
hamchunk posted...
My disc drive was DOA but I did the quick exchange program and it was pretty painless. They did put a $500 hold on my credit card until they received my broken xbox but I was never charged a dime. They even gave me a free game download to boot, I picked Ryse but there were several options so be sure to ask if they're still doing that offer. It took about 3 days to get my new xbox after it shipped, it was around a week total time from when I put in my replacement request.

Thanks for the serious reply im doing the quick exchange however mine wasnt totally free they charged $15.95 for something but i forgot what it was and i got ryse out of it as well ( i had all the other games already besides forza which i wasnt interested in) to anyone who has to send their console in i recommend the quick exchange program
#17donate123(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 9:56:35 PM(edited)
I should be getting my new console tomorrow from microsoft so i have another question (actually 2) it turns out that my console wasnt really broke it was because im in the dashboard beta program and a patch made it to where the system wont read discs so my first question is can i just send back the console they are sending me? (i dont want to lose anything) and my second question is if i cant send it back what exactly will i be losing? (data wise)
#18donate123(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 10:20:08 PM
Bump
#19aszsithPosted 3/25/2014 10:27:02 PM
donate123 posted...
I should be getting my new console tomorrow from microsoft so i have another question (actually 2) it turns out that my console wasnt really broke it was because im in the dashboard beta program and a patch made it to where the system wont read discs so my first question is can i just send back the console they are sending me? (i dont want to lose anything) and my second question is if i cant send it back what exactly will i be losing? (data wise)

donate123 posted...
Bump

FYI - In the 7 days that have passed since you began this thread Gfaqs still hasn't magically turned into MS Customer Support. How are we supposed to know which of the 2 non-defective systems you now posses is the one you should return to them? You know who may know that information? Microsoft.

What information will you be losing? From Microsoft's Support site:
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/warranties-and-repair/console-kinect-warranty
3.How to Get Warranty Service

(a) Before starting the warranty process, please use the trouble-shooting tips at http://www.support.xbox.com.

(b) If the troubleshooting tips do not resolve Your problem, then follow the online process at http://www.support.xbox.com. If You do not have internet access, You can call (800) 4MY-XBOX or (800) 469-9269.

(c) Before sending Your Xbox One or Accessory to Microsoft for service, be sure to keep a copy of any data You want to save, and delete anything You consider confidential. Microsoft is not responsible for Your data and may erase it.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#20donate123(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 10:43:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]