Xbox looking to Incorporate VR glass

#21aszsithPosted 3/19/2014 12:35:45 AM
aaron1111 posted...
Looks like Ray Kurzweil was right.

The Occulus Rift will still beat both versions though. VR will only really take over until it is glasses size or in Contact Lenses.

What about people that already wear glasses? VR will never really take over because you have some people who won't be able to wear the gear because of their existing eyewear that is necessary to see. And then you have another group who get motion sickness who can't use it. And another group who can't see projected stereoscopic 3D (stereo blindness). And then there are the people that won't wear the headset at all, no matter what because they just don't want to.

So yeah, VR will always remain a fad until they can get holodecks up and running.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#22aaron1111Posted 3/19/2014 12:39:08 AM
abbeldydoo posted...
aaron1111 posted...

The Occulus Rift will still beat both versions though. VR will only really take over until it is glasses size or in Contact Lenses.

Both look around the same.

http://tinyurl.com/o6ucaph

http://tinyurl.com/q3zjthc

True. But the nice about the rift is that it can run NES games in 3D
#23towlie_420Posted 3/19/2014 12:42:56 AM
Soxs28 posted...
Will the PS4 VR actually be a success considering how much Sony bashed gimmicks such as the Kinect 2.0

Sony had originally planned on including the PS camera but dropped it to reduce price, and negative consumer reaction. Would be funny if they released a cutting edge VR unit that required it, so that would increase the price of said VR on PS4
---
xboxGT MaGee911
PSN magee911
#24aaron1111Posted 3/19/2014 1:00:34 AM(edited)
aszsith posted...
aaron1111 posted...

What about people that already wear glasses? VR will never really take over because you have some people who won't be able to wear the gear because of their existing eyewear that is necessary to see. And then you have another group who get motion sickness who can't use it. And another group who can't see projected stereoscopic 3D (stereo blindness). And then there are the people that won't wear the headset at all, no matter what because they just don't want to.

So yeah, VR will always remain a fad until they can get holodecks up and running.

Holodecks aren't going to happen for a while sadly. Didin't Illumiroom cost over 1k per unit? And that's hardly close to the real deal.

It's like cell phones. First they where bulky and caused tumors, then they shrunk into mini computers.

Also, The Rift was able to fix alot of people's nausea. But You are right about people who can't see Stereoscopic images. But again tech can break any barrier. I wouldn't say current VR is a *Fad * the rift is quite impressive. But I would call it *Minorly looked at/Not wanted at the moment*

This Big Think article gives a good insight: http://bigthink.com/videos/ray-kurzweil-explores-the-next-phase-of-virtual-reality

Also this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVlA0JE8BnQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player
#25InjusticeRebornPosted 3/19/2014 12:46:44 AM
aszsith posted...
aaron1111 posted...

So much this.
---
10/03/14-11/03/14 - the day GameFAQs turned into the Dead Sea of the internet.
#26chuckboston2k3Posted 3/19/2014 5:08:51 AM
VR is dumb unless I don't have to attach anything to my head or body.

Even then, I probably wouldn't like it too much.

I can only imagine telling my wife.."Excuse me dear, but your standing on my titan. Could you please move a little left?"
---
Gaming since the early 80's
XBL: CallMeMrBrandt PSN: OptimusDad
#27yiangaruuugaPosted 3/19/2014 5:16:13 AM
towlie_420 posted...
Soxs28 posted...
Will the PS4 VR actually be a success considering how much Sony bashed gimmicks such as the Kinect 2.0

Sony had originally planned on including the PS camera but dropped it to reduce price, and negative consumer reaction. Would be funny if they released a cutting edge VR unit that required it, so that would increase the price of said VR on PS4

The ironic part is that Sony fans bashed the Kinect 2.0 to hell for being included with all consoles, yet they bought or are planning on buying the PS Camera when they can at a reasonable cost (It's pretty much sold out everywhere).
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix | PSN: xFrostxPhoenix
GSU Comp Sci C/O 2015 | XB1;360;PS4;N64;SNES
#28MrSpaM111Posted 3/19/2014 5:34:07 AM
The Sony VR headset does not require the PS camera, the head tracking is registered by sensors in the headset
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#29dnmtPosted 3/19/2014 5:36:18 AM
MS has been in a real "Me too!" mood recently.
#30Soxs28(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 8:43:05 AM
I agree