Xbox looking to Incorporate VR glass

#31VanderZooPosted 3/19/2014 8:44:37 AM
aaron1111 posted...
Looks like Ray Kurzweil was right.

The Occulus Rift will still beat both versions though.

Well the Morpheus is the better unit, according to dev's at GDC who have used both.

But it's not about beating the other, this is a new medium, for it to take off properly all of them need to be successful. Morpheus is handling VR on PS4, Oculus on PC. And Valve is working on their own as well.
#32aaron1111Posted 3/19/2014 8:52:23 AM
VanderZoo posted...
aaron1111 posted...
Looks like Ray Kurzweil was right.

The Occulus Rift will still beat both versions though.

Well the Morpheus is the better unit, according to dev's at GDC who have used both.

But it's not about beating the other, this is a new medium, for it to take off properly all of them need to be successful. Morpheus is handling VR on PS4, Oculus on PC. And Valve is working on their own as well.

Really? I thought Valve were supporting the Rift. :o
#33MidnightJacketPosted 3/19/2014 8:56:11 AM
aszsith posted...
aaron1111 posted...
VR will only really take over until it is glasses size or in Contact Lenses.

So yeah, VR will always remain a fad until they can get holodecks up and running.

Disagreed, nobody wants to project images all over their living room. VR will always remain a fad until that zap-you-into-the-game laser they used in Tron is invented.
#34Megamushroom666Posted 3/19/2014 8:58:17 AM
Interesting I guess.
---
"Deep into that darkness peering..."
snackeroo.com - Only the tastiest models.
#35aaron1111Posted 3/19/2014 9:01:24 AM
MidnightJacket posted...
aszsith posted...
aaron1111 posted...
VR will only really take over until it is glasses size or in Contact Lenses.

So yeah, VR will always remain a fad until they can get holodecks up and running.

Disagreed, nobody wants to project images all over their living room. VR will always remain a fad until that zap-you-into-the-game laser they used in Tron is invented.

Essentially full immersion VR. The only way we can really get sleep like effects like that is with Nanotech.
#36Coutts2Posted 3/19/2014 9:31:14 AM
I think both Sony and MS are throwing away money by trying to make VR headsets. I think the much smarter move is to wait and see what the rift can do and add compatibility for it down the road if the tech is worth the investment for gamers.
---
PSN: Geoff-C-
#37benjimainPosted 3/19/2014 9:41:56 AM
So Microsoft is ripping off Sony's console VR vision?
#38aaron1111Posted 3/19/2014 10:24:42 AM
Coutts2 posted...
I think both Sony and MS are throwing away money by trying to make VR headsets. I think the much smarter move is to wait and see what the rift can do and add compatibility for it down the road if the tech is worth the investment for gamers.

Yep, if the rift is good the Company plans to make it compatible with console and mobile devices: https://support.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/articles/201720643-Will-the-Oculus-Rift-developer-kit-work-with-my-Xbox-360-PS3-Wii-or-next-gen-console-

Oh also Version 2 of the dev kit was shown off today and made available for pre order: http://www.oculusvr.com/blog/announcing-the-oculus-rift-development-kit-2-dk2/

Got a little smaller, and they cut off those unneeded edges. I hope the consumer version looks like this though: http://www.bloculus.de/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/oculus-rift-consumer-version-prototype-3d-depth-camera1.jpg
#39Soxs28(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 10:34:50 AM
So Microsoft is ripping off Sony's console VR vision?

No really, MS had VR in development for 5 years now, the kinect was forced because of the possibilities of needing it
#40EnclavePosted 3/19/2014 10:41:01 AM
I honestly expect more from the Morpheus than I do the Rift if only because Sony has a history of making head mounted displays and really knows what they're doing in that field. They've been working towards VR for quite a long time now, longer than the Rift ever existed.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.