Xbox looking to Incorporate VR glass

#41aaron1111Posted 3/19/2014 11:51:06 AM(edited)
Enclave posted...
I honestly expect more from the Morpheus than I do the Rift if only because Sony has a history of making head mounted displays and really knows what they're doing in that field. They've been working towards VR for quite a long time now, longer than the Rift ever existed.

True. MS has far more cash and manpower. But knowing their trend would it only work on Xbox One? I mean knowing them for the past years has shown that they seldom put their main functions for a console on other platforms. I mean, the Rift is already making NES games 3D

I mean the Rift has an appeal to Me because they plan to make it work wireless with Phones and Consoles
#42VIC10U5Posted 3/19/2014 11:45:40 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#43BlakBillMitchelPosted 3/19/2014 11:49:07 AM
aszsith posted...
aaron1111 posted...
Looks like Ray Kurzweil was right.

The Occulus Rift will still beat both versions though. VR will only really take over until it is glasses size or in Contact Lenses.

What about people that already wear glasses? VR will never really take over because you have some people who won't be able to wear the gear because of their existing eyewear that is necessary to see. And then you have another group who get motion sickness who can't use it. And another group who can't see projected stereoscopic 3D (stereo blindness). And then there are the people that won't wear the headset at all, no matter what because they just don't want to.

So yeah, VR will always remain a fad until they can get holodecks up and running.

The Sony headset is supposed to allow regular eyewear.
#44BSerenityPosted 3/19/2014 1:03:47 PM
Do people realize that MS is going for AR not VR? You know there is a huge difference between the two...
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#45aszsithPosted 3/19/2014 8:49:10 PM
BlakBillMitchel posted...
aszsith posted...
aaron1111 posted...

The Occulus Rift will still beat both versions though. VR will only really take over until it is glasses size or in Contact Lenses.

What about people that already wear glasses? VR will never really take over because you have some people who won't be able to wear the gear because of their existing eyewear that is necessary to see. And then you have another group who get motion sickness who can't use it. And another group who can't see projected stereoscopic 3D (stereo blindness). And then there are the people that won't wear the headset at all, no matter what because they just don't want to.

So yeah, VR will always remain a fad until they can get holodecks up and running.

That is encouraging. Of course, it also is supposed to require the Playstation Camera and PS Move, and we've all seen how well Sony has supported those peripherals in the past. Sadly, console makers historically have a habit of developing peripherals only to offer zero support for them.

I remain skeptical, but the fact that they are accounting for existing eyewear is encouraging.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#46cabcalloway1983Posted 3/19/2014 8:52:52 PM
BSerenity posted...
Do people realize that MS is going for AR not VR? You know there is a huge difference between the two...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/18/microsoft-reportedly-working-on-a-vr-headset-for-xbox-one
---
9th grade drop out and i am a garbage man because my only other choice was a Gamefaqs moderator.
#47JONlCSPosted 3/19/2014 9:00:10 PM
Soxs28 posted...
microsoft-xbox-720

So true
#48mokmuudPosted 3/19/2014 9:07:22 PM
aszsith posted...
BlakBillMitchel posted...
aszsith posted...
aaron1111 posted...

That is encouraging. Of course, it also is supposed to require the Playstation Camera and PS Move, and we've all seen how well Sony has supported those peripherals in the past. Sadly, console makers historically have a habit of developing peripherals only to offer zero support for them.

I remain skeptical, but the fact that they are accounting for existing eyewear is encouraging.

I don't see how move controlls or camera would be necessary for most games. I would assume there would be multiple controlled layouts. The head set itself has an accelerometer and gyrometer so the camera isn't needed for that and regular controller could be used for everything else. I'm assuming the camera and PS move is no different than using the Razer Hydra with the Occulus.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539