Why is Microsoft listed as ''One of the worst companies in America''?

#31EnclavePosted 3/19/2014 9:17:40 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Enclave posted...
Tyronelio1, intent is rather important. People are not quick to forgive Microsofts intent to screw us over. Why do some of you find this so hard to understand?

The only way they could of harmed people was the used game market, but even then there was select retailers to be announced you could trade with.

They had no intent to harm anyone and were not going to..

I don't know man, the fact that if they had gone through with their previous plans that the day after they shut down their Xbone authentication servers my console would have been a brick and all my games useless seems pretty harmful to me.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#32Tyronelio1Posted 3/19/2014 9:18:00 AM
L4YER_CAKE posted...
But the fu** ups didn't make anyone homeless or lose money? In fact they didn't effect anyone at all apart from some people's feelings.

Oh don't get me wrong, I think it would be idiotic to vote ms worst company in america. Coming from a person not nearly educated enough to comment on other companies that may be actually hurting the country, I can at least say that EA is worse than MS by a long shot. They "win" two years in a row and their only answer is "quit crying nerds"

Well I think after the crap they pulled with battlefield 4 last year they are the worst gaming company of the year.

Sim city was just due to public demand, I wouldn't of even expected it to draw that much gamers.

Idk if that was ea's fault or no ones fault and just unfortunate.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
"Men do not cry for themselves, but for their comrades" - Sephiroth.
#33Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 9:19:13 AM
L4YER_CAKE posted...
But the fu** ups didn't make anyone homeless or lose money? In fact they didn't effect anyone at all apart from some people's feelings.

Oh don't get me wrong, I think it would be idiotic to vote ms worst company in america. Coming from a person not nearly educated enough to comment on other companies that may be actually hurting the country, I can at least say that EA is worse than MS by a long shot. They "win" two years in a row and their only answer is "quit crying nerds"

What bothers me is that Microsoft decides to make deals with the worst company in America (EA).
Why cant Microsoft be the better company and push EA to the side and let them rot, I feel like EA dragged Microsoft into this, so yes EA's fault.
#34EnclavePosted 3/19/2014 9:20:50 AM(edited)
Regarding SimCity? EA lied a LOT about that game. Note, the fact that there's a patch coming to allow the game to play offline is proof of this. That was supposed to be impossible you know, because of the power of the cloud was apparently needed to handle the super advanced AI (that was somehow more stupid than SimCity 4 AI).

edit:

Bare in mind, even EA isn't the worst company in America, not even close. Pretty much every single oil company is worse as are a number of other companies. Thing is though, those companies are not as high profile as EA and thus don't get votes.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#35Tyronelio1Posted 3/19/2014 9:20:25 AM
Enclave posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
Enclave posted...
Tyronelio1, intent is rather important. People are not quick to forgive Microsofts intent to screw us over. Why do some of you find this so hard to understand?

The only way they could of harmed people was the used game market, but even then there was select retailers to be announced you could trade with.

They had no intent to harm anyone and were not going to..

I don't know man, the fact that if they had gone through with their previous plans that the day after they shut down their Xbone authentication servers my console would have been a brick and all my games useless seems pretty harmful to me.

You do realise that with every physical purchase on xbox1 they have you a free digital download that you could play aslong as you logged onto live once every 24 hours.

You could still play your physical games offline.
---
#36EnclavePosted 3/19/2014 9:21:27 AM
No you couldn't Tyronelio1, you just made that up. Even physical copies required you to authenticate every 24 hours.
---
#37Tyronelio1Posted 3/19/2014 9:22:00 AM
Enclave posted...
Regarding SimCity? EA lied a LOT about that game. Note, the fact that there's a patch coming to allow the game to play offline is proof of this. That was supposed to be impossible you know, because of the power of the cloud was apparently needed to handle the super advanced AI (that was somehow more stupid than SimCity 4 AI).

edit:

Bare in mind, even EA isn't the worst company in America, not even close. Pretty much every single oil company is worse as are a number of other companies. Thing is though, those companies are not as high profile as EA and thus don't get votes.

Oh I wasn't aware of the lies by ea on that, they're by far the worst gaming publisher/company though for 2013.
---
#38Tyronelio1Posted 3/19/2014 9:25:11 AM
Enclave posted...
No you couldn't Tyronelio1, you just made that up. Even physical copies required you to authenticate every 24 hours.

Nope, I watched an interview with the (now) ex president of Xbox talking about it with ign.

Ill try find it now.
---
#39EnclavePosted 3/19/2014 9:26:12 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Enclave posted...

edit:

Oh I wasn't aware of the lies by ea on that, they're by far the worst gaming publisher/company though for 2013.

Oh most definitely, EA is by far the worst company when it comes to the video game industry. Microsoft probably would be worse if they actually followed through with their original plans, but they didn't so yeah, EA is definitely still worse.

Hell, I suspect the only reason Sony is so awesome now is because of the flak they got from early on with the PS3. Perhaps Microsoft getting flak for what they tried to pull will make them smarten up, only time will tell on that of course.

But yeah, EA is the only company in the industry that I actively boycott. After SimCity I refuse to buy another EA product regardless of how much I want it. I have interest in the next Dragon Age, but I won't buy it. Titanfall while I don't agree with the hype people give it? I do find interesting, won't purchase it though because of EA.
---
#40darkstar4221Posted 3/19/2014 9:29:53 AM(edited)
Sxmfct posted...
Because in an ideal world all of the OS's are treated equal.

Windows is completely proprietary making it impossible for software vendors to make compatible alternatives to windows. Programmers need to see source code to make it easier to port software to other platforms like Linux, BSD, Mac, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source_code#Purposes

Windows is proprietary meaning the source code is not seen, there is nothing open about it. By withholding source code Microsoft prevents people from understanding how their software works and from changing how it works. Only those who work in Microsoft know how windows works. That's a problem when you are trying to please a billion people and no one (and not even programmers) can modify windows however they like. It has nothing to do with operating systems being treated as equals. To understand Microsoft's monopoly better read this article.

http://rudd-o.com/monopolies-of-the-mind/what-makes-microsoft-a-monopoly