Why is Microsoft listed as ''One of the worst companies in America''?

#81krystylaPosted 3/19/2014 11:59:02 PM
dustinhinson200 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
RicoKillercon posted...
Probably because of windows 8....it sucks... they didn't listen at all to consumers until it affected their bottom line. Windows 7 was great...why cant they just improve on the good instead of trying to rei-nvent the wheel and failing at it.

Why do people keep saying windows 8 sucks? I used it first and thought so too, but after learning all it's bells and whistles it the best OS behind xp ever IMO.

There are no "bells and whistles" with Windows 8. It's just pure suckage. If I wanted a tablet, I'd get a tablet.

It's more stable, more secure and faster than 7 at the some it requires less resources. 4 unbeatable points were it's not pure suckage. The new UI might seem unusual for some people but if you knew the in and outs of windows the interface is even better than the start menu ever was.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#82dustinhinson200Posted 3/20/2014 12:02:45 AM
You've just asserted that but I don't see any evidence or proof for your statement. There is NO evidence that Window's 8 is more secure and faster than 7.
#831nternationa7Posted 3/20/2014 12:08:56 AM
krystyla posted...
It's more stable, more secure and faster than 7 at the some it requires less resources. 4 unbeatable points were it's not pure suckage. The new UI might seem unusual for some people but if you knew the in and outs of windows the interface is even better than the start menu ever was.

I'd give you the fact that it starts up faster, but it's definitely not more stable and secure than 7.

The new UI is completely worthless. Windows 7 had a simple folder layout that didn't require scrolling through an endless screen of giant tiles. Shutting down takes 3 steps instead of 2. And most of all, the start screen blocks out the entire screen when I open it. It's a complete piece of ****.
---
Version 1 of My Movelist for Lords of Shadow 2: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672716-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2/68667781
#84krystylaPosted 3/20/2014 12:17:39 AM(edited)
1nternationa7 posted...
krystyla posted...

I'd give you the fact that it starts up faster, but it's definitely not more stable and secure than 7.

The new UI is completely worthless. Windows 7 had a simple folder layout that didn't require scrolling through an endless screen of giant tiles. Shutting down takes 3 steps instead of 2. And most of all, the start screen blocks out the entire screen when I open it. It's a complete piece of ****.

What folders are you speaking of the desktop is identical aside from the ribbon interface being integrated into explorer. If you are talking about shortcuts on the home screen there's 4 sizes large, wide, small, tiny. Tiny is about the size of an icon on the desktop, large is 4 times small, wide is 2 times small, small is 4 times tiny.
You shut down with your mouse? Alt+F4 > Enter (if you have open programs Win+D > Alt+F4 > Enter) takes about a 10 of the time it takes to move the mouse to shutdown on the start menu. You can also make a simple shortcut for shutdown and put it on the home screen making it 2 steps again. Just make a shortcut and set target at "shutdown -s -t 0"
---
#851nternationa7Posted 3/20/2014 12:19:04 AM
krystyla posted...
What folders are you speaking of the desktop is identical aside from the ribbon interface being integrated into explorer. If you are talking about shortcuts on the home screen there's 4 sizes large, wide, small, tiny. Tiny is about the size of an icon on the desktop, large is 4 times small, wide is 2 times small, small is 4 times tiny.
You shut down with your mouse? Alt+F4 > Enter

Start menu folders was what I was referring to. No matter how small the icons get, that damn start screen blots out the entire screen. Yes, I shut down with the mouse. Using the keyboard is no excuse for backwards mouse functionality.
---
Version 1 of My Movelist for Lords of Shadow 2: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672716-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2/68667781
#86krystylaPosted 3/20/2014 12:25:10 AM
1nternationa7 posted...
krystyla posted...
You shut down with your mouse? Alt+F4 > Enter

Start menu folders was what I was referring to. No matter how small the icons get, that damn start screen blots out the entire screen. Yes, I shut down with the mouse. Using the keyboard is no excuse for backwards mouse functionality.

In my edit I added an easy fix to make the process 2 steps again (w/ mouse). Isn't it inconsequential whether the start menu or home screen take up parts of the screen your focus is on it anyway. I only ever used the start menu for shortcuts and execute commands both work just as good on the home screen (shortcuts work even better).
---
#871nternationa7Posted 3/20/2014 12:29:10 AM
krystyla posted...
In my edit I added an easy fix to make the process 2 steps again (w/ mouse). Isn't it inconsequential whether the start menu or home screen take up parts of the screen your focus is on it anyway. I only ever used the start menu for shortcuts and execute commands both work just as good on the home screen (shortcuts work even better).

I could do it in 1 step with SendKey. But that isn't the point if I have to do coding to get even the most braindead functionality to work in a user friendly manner. The guy who made the UI for Windows 8 had rocks for brains.
---
#88aszsithPosted 3/20/2014 12:32:32 AM
dustinhinson200 posted...
You've just asserted that but I don't see any evidence or proof for your statement. There is NO evidence that Window's 8 is more secure and faster than 7.

http://www.howtogeek.com/128182/6-ways-windows-8-is-more-secure-than-windows-7/
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2411451,00.asp
http://www.itworld.com/consumerization-it/372106/windows-7-has-6-times-more-security-threats-windows-8-according-microsoft
http://www.itworld.com/security/282947/5-ways-windows-8-beats-windows-7-security

That enough for you?
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#89dustinhinson200Posted 3/20/2014 1:04:15 AM
I've looked at those sources. None of them are evidences. They are all just assertions without any proof.
#90DredjPosted 3/20/2014 1:14:59 AM
I understand why MS is in the running with all the anti-consumer tactics and devices they've launched in the past year, but still, it makes as much sense as EA being in the list. Which is to say none at all, when places like banks and insurance companies.. when they screw you, you get proper ******, when EA screw you you get Sim City, no big deal just don't buy it, when MS screw you you Xbox One or Windows 8, np.. get a PS4 and stick to Windows 7.

EA topping the list for 2 years is only about gamers uniting to screw, EA, and yes it's only gamers since EA only deal in games. What business does a non gamer have in voting in EA? MS on the other hand deal in games, consoles, operating systems, phones, etc etc, stuff that effects more then just gamers. So MS definitely should be on the list this year, and should even win. They ruin games, they ruin consoles, they ruined Windows, they charge phone devs a fee if they make a windows phone who then pass that cost onto consumers.. they bought Skype and ruined it..

If you get outside of your Xbox bubble you'll see the broader picture of MS being terrible.