One of two Assassin's Creed images leaked

#11benjimainPosted 3/19/2014 9:43:42 AM
Can't wait for the PS4 version or the next gen game and PS3 version of the last gen game!
#12Tyronelio1Posted 3/19/2014 9:46:43 AM
Robin_Mask posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
Enclave posted...
AC4 honestly should never have been an AC game. Should have been an new IP. Because honestly, when you play it do you REALLY feel like an Assassin? I know I don't. The game is a pirate game through and through and the whole AC bits of the game really kinda feel forced.

This, it felt like a side game to the franchise, I would've been okay with AC: Black Flag and removed the 4 and had nothing or 3 there instead.

That being said I hope it's not just Paris, Paris seems so boring outside of medieval times.

It won't be much of a game anyway, the villain will just give up when you go after him.

Touché.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
"Men do not cry for themselves, but for their comrades" - Sephiroth.
#13aszsithPosted 3/19/2014 9:56:11 AM
Robin_Mask posted...
shads3055 posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
Not surprised that they're trying to take some attention off of Watchdogs, although a bit late.

watchdogs should have come out in nov. im sure the only reason it didnt was becuase they where scared it would hurt sales of black flag. with so many other games coming out i dont see watchdogs selling well or if it does it will be good for a month of playing and then it will get swalled up by amazing spiderman, transformers, batman, ufc and destiny watch dogs wont last long

I see Watch Dogs selling worse after the new video.

I just despise Ubisoft for their stupidity. AC has to be tied to some craptastic story for example and limiting EVERY GAME to that one story is stupid. Then came the COD route with the games.

I see two people who assume that everyone who purchases a game watches videos online. I see two people who assume that the average consumer even cares about those things. I see two people who's assumptions are incorrect. And while you think Ubisoft is stupid and despise them for it, they are a successful company that continually releases games that sell well. That doesn't appear to be particularly stupid from a business perspective.

Watch Dogs is releasing when there aren't a lot of other games. Spiderman comes out a month before and is a licensed game that will probably suck. Wolfenstein comes out the week prior. Elder Scrolls Online comes out a month after. No other games are anywhere close to the release date for Watch Dogs.

The other games mentioned: Destiny is 4 months later, Batman is 5 months later, and Transformers and UFC don't even have release dates yet.

Do I think Watch Dogs is going to be the most amazing game ever released? Of course not. Will it sell at the beginning of a summer drought that has nearly nothing else releasing? Seems likely.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#14Robin_MaskPosted 3/19/2014 10:09:23 AM
aszsith posted...
I see two people who assume that everyone who purchases a game watches videos online. I see two people who assume that the average consumer even cares about those things. I see two people who's assumptions are incorrect. And while you think Ubisoft is stupid and despise them for it, they are a successful company that continually releases games that sell well. That doesn't appear to be particularly stupid from a business perspective.

Watch Dogs is releasing when there aren't a lot of other games. Spiderman comes out a month before and is a licensed game that will probably suck. Wolfenstein comes out the week prior. Elder Scrolls Online comes out a month after. No other games are anywhere close to the release date for Watch Dogs.

The other games mentioned: Destiny is 4 months later, Batman is 5 months later, and Transformers and UFC don't even have release dates yet.

Do I think Watch Dogs is going to be the most amazing game ever released? Of course not. Will it sell at the beginning of a summer drought that has nearly nothing else releasing? Seems likely.

I remain in the dark to avoid hype when it comes to videos, unless it's something like Metal Gear where there is no release date for TPP.

But it's funny how there still isn't a huge backlash compared to COD.
---
Please help support! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#15abbeldydooPosted 3/19/2014 10:13:19 AM
They should just make pirate games for a bit.Instead of AC Black Flag it should have just been Black Flag with BF2 coming.
---
Don't mod me bro!
#16dekouPosted 3/19/2014 11:00:44 AM
I don't think they'll throw away the naval parts of the franchise after spending so much effort on them in AC3 and 4. If this AC won't have naval combat, the other one will.

The land-based part of the series is in a dire need of a remake. It's gotten steadily worse since AC2 and is horrible right now. Fixing parkour is good, but combat and stealth have to be fixed, too. I don't want to play Ripostes And Bushes again.
#17ssj5goku2005Posted 3/19/2014 2:04:11 PM
Ellesarien posted...
I honestly think Ubi might have put themselves in a corner with Black Flag.

I loved it so much and really couldn't see myself getting excited about a AC that was fully land-based and I have heard of alot of fans with similar mentality.

Why does everyone think Black Flag is so good? It's not a terrible game I'll admit, but it completely does NOT feel like an AC game anymore...and I'm sorry but the naval combat was terrible in 3 so I was pissed when they announced a pirate game, knowing that would only mean more naval battles

Unity gets me excited...it looks like it may have a similar feel to the Ezio games
---
not changing this sig until i feel like it - started 6.23.2009
#18BjornAgainstPosted 3/19/2014 2:33:12 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Enclave posted...
AC4 honestly should never have been an AC game. Should have been an new IP. Because honestly, when you play it do you REALLY feel like an Assassin? I know I don't. The game is a pirate game through and through and the whole AC bits of the game really kinda feel forced.

This, it felt like a side game to the franchise, I would've been okay with AC: Black Flag and removed the 4 and had nothing or 3 there instead.

That being said I hope it's not just Paris, Paris seems so boring outside of medieval times.

You might want to read about 18th century France, it was most certainly not boring. The French Revolution was one of the biggest citizen uprisings in the history of the world, it is the perfect setting for an Assassin's Creed game. I have actually been waiting for an Assassin's Creed set during the French Revolution since the series began, I am actually kind of surprised it took them this long because there is so much that happened in France during that time period that it is hard to think of a better place to set an Assassin's Creed story.
#19BatistutePosted 3/19/2014 2:48:34 PM
shads3055 posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
Not surprised that they're trying to take some attention off of Watchdogs, although a bit late.

watchdogs should have come out in nov. im sure the only reason it didnt was becuase they where scared it would hurt sales of black flag. with so many other games coming out i dont see watchdogs selling well or if it does it will be good for a month of playing and then it will get swalled up by amazing spiderman, transformers, batman, ufc and destiny watch dogs wont last long

All this doesn't make sense! How come a company is trying to compete ITSELF with another game and take the attention from ITS OWN GAME!

They want to,dominate the market, clear and simple!
---
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers" Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943.
#20krystylaPosted 3/19/2014 2:55:57 PM
Ellesarien posted...
I honestly think Ubi might have put themselves in a corner with Blag Flag.

I loved it so much and really couldn't see myself getting excited about a AC that was fully land-based and I have heard of alot of fans with similar mentality.

From the article I did find it funny that their are critics about Ubi trying to make as much money as possible from the AC name. Such an idiotic thing to be a critic of.

For me it is the opposite I want nothing more than a pure land based AC again and a full fledged completely naval based Pirate game.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB